Guilty Gear and/or BlazBlue.

Lenin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Mr. Wizard has publicly said that evo2k9 was the last year they would run sixth generation consoles (Dreamcast, PS2, Xbox, and Game Cube). This is why they said evo2k9 will be the last year for 3S, and had the community vote whether to make it a 1v1, 2v2, or 3v3 event. People chose it to be 2v2. Of course, they broke that rule for evo2k10 to add when they included MvC2 (Dreamcast) and Melty Blood (PS2), but both games were community choices, and were added in late. So that was understandable. They stuck to there guns last year and this year, and most likely, next year. So unless Guilty Gear is going to be ported to the seventh generation consoles, we will not see Guilty Gear on the evo roster.

Overall changes:

- Game engine now has 4 frames of inherent lag due to 720p output on modern arcade boards/consoles.

- Health bar is now green when full, and changes and stays at orange when you take any damage.

- Combo counter now shows which hit was techable for black beat combos.

- Stun/stagger meter added below the joystick waggling icon, shows how much stun is left.

- Slashback has longer hitstop (was 2F) which makes it more realistic to SB multi-hit moves (eg. Dark Angel).

- Slashback failure penalty changed - instead of being unable to block for 30F, guard guage increases instead.

- Doing an IB in the air causes a "Guard Clean" (?)

A.B,A:

- Goku Moroha mode: damage up, damage penalty from hits landed reduced, longer duration, more powerful overall.

- 236D FB fireball in Moroha or Goku Moroha: more hits, travel distance increased.

- 5H now gatlings to 2H.

- 5H now vacuums in on second hit, has slower startup, cannot be comboed from far 5S.

- Moroha mode gauge moved to be above tension gauge.

- Now has 4 bloodpacks, up from 3.

- Can't do double Keygrab anymore.

Anji Mito:

- 6HS: FRC changed to be just before the move hits.

- FB On (623D): New FB, FRC possible right after the move hits, not possible to combo after (yet).

- 2H, 6H new gatling, combos on crouching hit only.

- 6H is now special cancellable.

- FB Butterfly (236D) travels farther.

- K Stomp (214K) causes a smaller ground bounce.

- Fuujin (236S/H) has shorter untechable time.

- 3S cancel is easier.

- Close 5S increases the guard gauge more.

- 3K no longer floats opponent.

Axl:

- P, 2P, 6K, 2S, 2HS, jump 6P, jump S: you now hold the button to get the 2nd hit of each move.

- Raieisageki (63214H): FRC removed.

- FB Kyokusageki added, 4 (charge) 6 D, has vacuum effect. Combos after 5H, but not after 2D.

- 5P-6K is now possible as a gatling.

- Axl Bomber no longer hits overhead.

- 623P counter on CH causes a different wall bounce.

- Rensengeki followup upwards (charge 4, 6S, then up) hitbox modified, can combo from CH trades.

- Close 5S looks different.

Baiken:

- Youshijin: new command is 623P, not possible as guard cancel anymore but only as a normal special move.

- Zakuro: Return of the "wheel counter" from GGX / EX mode, command is 214P while guarding. Seems very fast, but not possible to combo afterwards.

- Suzuran (run): now possible to do guard cancels during the last part of the animation. Recovery time seems longer.

- Tatami (236K): hits twice, knockdown on second hit. Wall bounce on first hit.

- Air Tatami (j.236K): Hits twice; if you hit with it below the opponent, 2nd hit whiffs and you can continue to combo. Knocks down in a down-forward direction unless wall is close, then it wallbounces.

- j.D FRC has changed.

Bridget:

- 6K: now possible to cancel on hit into yoyo or any special move.

- FB Roger Rush (236D): is now homing towards the enemy, causes wall stick.

Chipp Zanuff:

- FB Alpha Blade: New FB, command is D at the end of 236P (similar to Alpha Plus), causes wall stick.

- FB Beta Blade: New FB, command is 623D, does two uppercuts: first one does 1 hit, second one does 3 hits.

- FB Gamma Blade (41236D): new FB, holds opponent longer than normal Gamma Blade.

Dizzy:

- New FB version of Spear (421D), 3 homing blades.

- K fish and followup bites 3 times.

- Fish laser (214S) causes wall stick.

- Text above tension bar (BIT NG) indicates if it's not possible to summon fish.

Eddie:

- FB Exhaustion (236D): Possible to recover eddie gauge over the normal limit with this move, command changed to 214D. Adds another full Eddie gauge, ~46 frames total. Only recovers gauge if the shadow gauge is onscreen. Is cancellable.

- Executor (first hit) causes extra long knockdown state.

- Shadow gauge moved above tension bar.

- Shadow gauge seems to remain on screen, even when full, for some time. First level of bar is blue, second level (when charged with FB EXhaustion) is purple.

- FB Drill Special (22D) has longer recovery; cannot combo 5P after -D- + 22D unblockable.

- Nobiru (Shadow S) no longer hits sliding opponents, possible hitbox change.

- Damned Fang (623S command throw): Possible FRC removal or timing change.

- Shadow gauge refill is slower, both on unsummon and if shadow is hit.

- Unblockables still work as usual.

- 6P and Shadow Gallery nerfed (?)

Faust:

- FB door added, D after 214K.

- New thrown items: konbu (eatable, recovers HP) and dumbbell (high stun, causes knockdown).

- Coin item can now hit while bouncing on the ground.

- 5K CH doesn't knock the enemy away anymore.

- Pan item now hits 1 screen away.

I-No:

- FB Note (214D): New FB, FRC possible right after startup, sends 2 notes (one up, one across).

- Can now airdash twice.

- Horizontal Chemical Love causes wall bounce.

Jam:

- Can do the powered up versions of kick specials directly (using D) if you have the power up cards, no need to perform as followups anymore.

- FB Charge (22D): Now gives one card of each.

- 6H no longer wall sticks, causes knockdown instead.

- FB Puffball no longer wall sticks, causes knockdown instead. Possibly slower startup.

Johnny:

- Coin (214H): New move, coin is thrown upwards with same trajectory as ground throw. Is not an overhead. Causes knockdown on air hit.

- j.236236H: New overdrive, looks similar to EX Johnny's.

- Divine Transport (623S) trajectory changed.

- Diving Blade changed(?).

- Mist (214P) is released quicker.

- Can double jump after a super jump (?).

Justice:

- Is intended to be balanced / tourney legal.

- Is no longer able to ground dash, triple jump, or triple airdash.

- N.B. (missiles): command changed from 421 + button to 22 + button, added P, K and D version, possible to roman cancel each of them.

- Detonation of N.B.: command changed from P to whatever button you used to trigger the move.

- Strike Back Tail: command changed from 412K to 623K.

- Michael Blade (41236H): S version added, now possible airborne.

- Gamma ray: FRC added, timing is right after the first hit.

- Forcebreak 236D now causes wall bounce instead of wall stick.

- Valkyrie Arc (236P, counter stance) doesn't work on lows.

Kliff Undersn:

- Is intended to be balanced / tourney legal.

- Sword vault (214K): FRC now possible just before the move hits.

- Dodge (214P): has new FB D followup, instant stun, Kliff has long 'coughing' recovery animation.

- 5K: Now launches.

- 2H: Now ground bounces, now gatlings to 5H.

- 6H can now be charged, does more damage. Special/super cancel removed.

- Reflex Roar (236236S): Now causes wall stick instead of wall bounce.

Ky Kiske:

- New move 3HS: Same as the old 6H pre-AC.

- New move, S raging Javelin: New S followup after vapor thrust, causes wall stick.

- Lightning (222HS): FRC now possible just after the move hits.

- FB Greed Sever (214D): new FB, 28 frame startup, causes ground bounce.

- Lightning Sphere 214D followup after charged stun edge: command changed to 4D after CSE.

- Charge Drive (236D~214D~46D) now wall sticks.

- FB Lightning Orb (236D~D) sucks opponent down more when it hits an aerial opponent.

May:

- 41236D: New FB version of dolphin summon, appears behind opponent.

- Now possible to followup vertical and horizontal dolphin with Restive Rolling (623S and 623H).

- Dolphin level for 41236+ button appears above tension gauge.

- Overhead Kiss (63214K command grab): Startup: 5F -> ~30F, May now runs forward during startup, looks the same as running animation.

- Close 5S, 5H gatling on airborne opponent no longer works.

Millia Rage:

- New j.2H: return of the old jump H from pre-Slash. Is harder to combo into.

- j.236D: FRC point added ~8-9F after input.

- FB Secret Garden: New FB, command is 214D, ~76F total recovery.

- FB Longinus (214S~D): now causes wall stick instead of sliding.

- Harder to combo after throws.

- j.K-j.D no longer combos, possibly due to slower j.D.

- FB Disc (236D) has longer recovery, disc now disappears if Millia is hit during the move (previously only disappeared if she was hit within first 3F).

- j.D causes ground slide if they touch the ground (?), previously caused slide only on CH.

- Additional time added before you can retrieve Pin (j.214S/H).

Order Sol:

- Charge gauge: When using a move the gauge depletes slower.

- Dragon Install Sakkai (632146S): Tension cost became 50% instead of 100%.

- Lvl 2 Blockhead Buster (236P) now causes wall stick instead of stagger.

- Lvl 2 Bandit Revolver (236K) now causes sliding instead of knockdown, has longer startup.

- Air Lvl 2 Bandit Revolver (j.236K) untechable time decreased, no longer knocks down after air combos.

- Lvl 2 Rock It doesn't cause ground bounce, knocks down now.

- Lvl 1 and Lvl 3 specials are still the same.

- 2D apparently has shorter range.

- Can (still) dodge Slide Head with FD.

Potemkin:

- Slide Head: FRC added right after the earthquake comes out, possible to combo after.

- Slide head causes groundbounce instead of knockdown, enemy enters normal OTG state after, full combos no longer possible unless you FRC.

- Hammerfall (Charge 4,6 S(?)): FRC timing is later.

- FB Judge Gauntlet (63214D): P followup added, cancels the animation of judge gauntlet.

- 6H causes wall bounce.

- j.S causes knockdown on air CH, otherwise knocks down.

- Megafist (236P, 214P) causes knock down.

Robo-Ky:

- 623H: Now possible airborne, FRC possible just as the ground version.

- 2H missile: Now comes back down towards opponent after a while.

- 2S: Hits twice and launches when heat gauge is over 80%.

- Currently has a bug that crashes the game if you do 2H missile the moment he overheats.

Slayer:

- Undertow: FRC added right before hit and causes ground bounce.

- Bite: command changed from 63214H to 632146H.

- New move, HS Dandy step (214H), Is like S Dandy Step but goes farther (about 2/3 of screen).

- New move, FB Dandy step (214D).

- 5H causes sliding now instead of stagger, still possible to do 5H into Pile Bunker.

- 2H now causes stagger now instead of launch, still combos into BBU.

- 2S has faster startup.

- 2D has a little more recovery.

Sol Badguy:

- Fafnir (41236H): return of the old tensionless fafnir, possible to special cancel into. Combos from far S CH, 5H, and 2D. Does not have the old FRC timing.

- FB Fafnir (41236D): possible to special cancel into, combos from 2D, causes sliding on Clean Hit.

- Tyrant Rave (fafnir followup after H or D fafnir): command changed to 64D from 46D.

- FB Sidewinder (j.236D): New move, always has Clean Hit property. Seems to have a really good hitbox.

- Bandit Bringer: Clean hit property added.

- 214K (airborne) during Dragon Install: new move. Same animation as VV followup kick, has flames, hits overhead, causes groundbounce. Can be looped, has minimum height requirement.

Testament:

- Hitomi (tree): command changed to 623S, can be done with 236S(?)

- Zeinest (web): command changed to 623H, can be done with 236H(?)

- Ruft Warrant: New move, command is 22 P or K. Doesn't hit, is only a warp.

- New FB phantom soul: command is 236D, tracks opponent.

- EXE beast - Can be held to hit after it is summoned. Can summon one while the other is charging. Both have FRCs Can still be done instantly, does 2 hits total.

- 6K hitbox appears to be smaller.

- Bad Lands range decreased, untechable time is apparently shorter, Bad Lands can no longer be looped.

Venom:

- 5Sc now gatlings into 6H.

- FB stinger aim: no longer freezes balls in place, balls pushed with this move can now bounce several times on the floor and screen borders.

- FB carcass raid: same as above.

- 6P no longer gatlings into 6H.

- 6H has faster startup.

Zappa:

- j.236H (sword mode): FRC now possible right after landing, now knocks enemy up on hit for followup combos.

- Darkness Anthem (236S, Raoh mode): now possible airborne.

- Last Edguy (214S, Raoh mode): now possible airborne.

- Icons added above tension bar for each summon.

- 632146H gives one orb per hit, maximum of 4 orbs.

- Smaller chance to summon Dog (?)

- When Dog gets hit in neutral state, he sleeps.

- Sword 2H stays in place for a bit after the animation.

Does this finally mean that Kliff and Justice are tournament legal? I am assuming that they are selectable in the arcades. I'd love to pilot Kliff. I'd still main Jam though. Then again, the last time I played GG was GGXX in 2004. :(

• 2 months later...

So, Arc just announced a new BlazBlue game, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma.

I haven't played BB in a while after it became "BlazBlue Corner Traps" and charged full price for a balance patch and one new character. But this new one's got enough changes to actually warrant it being a new game. New moves, new characters, new standing animations, new costumes. I'll have to keep my eye on this one.

Dammit BlazBlue, I try to quit and you keep dragging me back in.

• 4 weeks later...

[13:34] <@MrWizard> more i play persona

[13:34] <@MrWizard> more its not a good game

[13:34] <@MrWizard> lol

[13:37] <@MrWizard> how about no push block or some mechanic other than burst

[13:37] <@MrWizard> to get people off of you

[13:38] <@MrWizard> how about ultras

[13:38] <@MrWizard> how about cheap ass unblockable moves

[13:38] <@MrWizard> how about weeaboo central

[13:38] <@MrWizard> game is garbagola!

[13:48] <@MrWizard> love having to block for 10 sec

[13:48] <@MrWizard> and cant do anything about it!

[13:48] <@MrWizard> great game!

[13:50] <@MrWizard> love midstrings and they juwst go overhead

[13:51] <@MrWizard> such a good game!

[13:56] <@MrWizard> im fine with blocking

[13:56] <@MrWizard> but when they are on me

[13:56] <@MrWizard> and go to a 2 frame overhead

[13:56] <@MrWizard> its a bad game

17:28 MrWizard its easy mode

17:28 MrWizard its got comeback ultras

17:28 MrWizard unblockable s***

17:29 L-Knight its easy mode, but youre dying to mythical 2f overheads?

17:29 MrWizard who said im dying?

17:29 MrWizard stop putting words in my mouth

17:29 MrWizard k thx you re****

17:29 L-Knight youre saying stuff that doesnt make sense

17:29 L-Knight about a system you dont understand

17:29 L-Knight you sound hella dumb tbh

17:30 *** DaFeetLee joined #capcom

17:30 --- MrWizard has banned *!*lk@************.cmdnnj.fios.verizon.net

17:30 *** L-Knight was kicked by MrWizard (tell me how my **** tastes)

[08:38:03] (@MrWizard) yeah p4a is fun

[08:38:07] (@MrWizard) just not good =(

[08:39:09] (YayaJason) In all seriousness though, are you honestly banning somebody like LK over something so trivial?

[08:39:17] (YayaJason) Not telling you how to do your job, but jeeze

[08:39:33] •• Channel Mode(s): MrWizard sets mode(s) (+b *!*@**********)

[08:39:33] •• This [*!*@**********] ban affects: [YayaJason]

[08:39:39] •• Kick: YayaJason was kicked by MrWizard (LOL!)

[08:41:06] • Topic Change: MrWizard sets the topic to: RIP!

[08:41:41] (@MrWizard) now let me go back to spamming my unblockable supers

[08:41:44] (@MrWizard) with teddie

i also heard that chrisG is complain about rushdown and having to block in the corner for 10 secs.

i think ive heard this somewhere before

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/GriffonsScythe/defibrillator-paddles.gif

So yeah, a little while ago a new BlazBlue game, ChronoPhantasma, was announced and I greeted it with an emphatic "ehh".

I was getting into other fighting games at the time (mostly King of Fighters XIII) and after beginning to learn the ins & outs of KoF and SSF4, and admitting that Guilty Gear's system was much better, I stopped caring about BlazBlue. But after putting it back in and playing against a friend of mine, I remembered that there was a lot to enjoy here, and so am getting a bit more excited about the new game. I'm sure this is old news to anyone who's been interested even in the slightest, but the game came out with 4 new characters:

-Bullet: An angry looking mercenary chick trying to compete with Makoto for "sluttiest outfit in the game", and who's playstyle I haven't quite figured out. She looks pretty rushdown heavy, but I have no idea what her drive is supposed to do.

-Amane: The 3rd most effeminate man in a fighting game I've ever seen and some sort of performer(?). Haven't seen or heard much on how he plays either.

-Azrael: A beefed-up supersoldier(?) for Sector Seven, I heard that he's going to be a pretty link-heavy character, possibly a "Street Fighter" style character in the same way Hakumen could be considered a "Samurai Shodown" style character.

-Izayoi: Tsubaki's "true form" in the same way that Mu-12 is said to be Noels true form.

But 2 more characters have been announced for the console version:

-Yuki Terumi: In his form he assumed when he was with the 6 Heros before he assumed the identity of Hazama. Rumored to have more supers than specials, his drive is apparently designed to help him build meter.

-Kagura Mutsuki: A Sasuke-lookalike with a huge sword who is apparently a high-ranking officer of the NOL from another city. Seems to be very Guile-like since it's said he's a charge-character and only has two specials, a projectile and an anti-air. His drive is said to change his stance and give him other moves.

Like I said, I'm starting to get back into the game and I think I'm actually going to start really messing around and get better with Hakumen. After thinking about all the fighting game characters I say are my favorites (Yamazaki, Fei Long, Vega, Faust, Billy Kane, Elena), I've noticed that they all seem to be strong mid-range characters with good long pokes and no projectiles. Taking that into consideration, Hakumen seems like a good choice to check into.

I'll be importing the PS3 BB in october for PS3. For now I just have extend on 360 if you ever want to play. Guilty Gear is king tho.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
I will probably give the new Guilty Gear a try. It's been about 10 years of lost interest from that one (I want to reverse that), but I tried Accent Core a few years ago, but nothing happened. Blazblue was basically another Guilty Gear too many from approaching it. Unfortunately, I can't get into fighting games at this time, but I believe I wore the genre out anyway. Weaponlord was the only 2d fighting game I considered good, but the irony is the amount of time I've spent on KOF and SF (especially from attending tournaments in SF), but they just don't compare to me. However, I will can try this anyway. Edited by Lygophilia

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Raquel is actually the adult version of the loli character, except from an alternate timeline, taller, but not wearing the gothic lolita fashion that Rachel wears, pictured here:

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/images/7/7e/BBCS_Rachel_5A.png

Here is a better pick of Raquel, since sitting down she looks like a loli I guess:

http://i.imgur.com/mGmVPC4.png

She's biologically 16-18 while the original timeline Rachel is biologically around 12.

The guy, Naoto, is actually the alternate timeline version of the main character, Ragna, on the right, but slightly shorter and younger.

CT7iKCdXAAARoMS.jpg

When he goes super saiyan(which he can do in-game as well), his hair turns white and he looks a lot more like the main character.

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Fragrant