Guilty Gear and/or BlazBlue.

Lenin

Guilty Gear already went to Xbox! What are you talking about?

You haven't fucking heard about this shit but you dareth to call me out of the loop? Haha. Nah, it's cool. I follow Daisuke Ishiwatari around like he's the Grateful Dead.

The idea is pretty much just in concept, but Ishiwatari does what he says he's going to do. As I see it, the only real question is whether or not it will be a true 2D, sprite based fighter or another fuck up like Overture.

And you do know Blazblue releases the same day in both Japan and America, right?

Japanese release July 1st, 2010, North American release July 20th, 2010. That would be the same day, if only it were the same day.

Also, Hakumen was buffed. His sword turns projectiles into floating traps. And was given a super turbo poke.

Nah, Tager was buffed, Bang was fucking BUFFED. As for Hakumen... I can see how it's possible to constrew his projectile counter as a buff, but I don't feel as though he was given anything that he shouldn't have had in the first place, including new his 4C. In one way he was nerfed, actually as he lacks a reliable anti-air option now with the rape that Arc laid down on his 6A. His best anti-air is to go air-to-air and throw out a j.C until your opponent cries.

Edited by Lenin

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean that big swing he does in the air with forward C? They moved it to down C. His anti-air is still as rape as ever, more so with his new poke.

And, you have no idea how buff he is now that he can counter projectiles.

I was kinda hopeing Hakumen would get some kind of nerf considering he's overpowered in the first one and what does Tager need a buff for? He has range, power ,and magnitism. Bang kinda needs it though.

I don't know you, so I can't really tell, but I really hope that was a troll. CT Hakumen is rightly ranked as the third to last character, the sheer amount of damage he can throw your way is the only thing he has going for him. Of course against a non-braindead player, the only time you're going to be getting any damage is on any slight fuck up you see, or your ability to catch the obvious shit with a Zanshin, or counterhit into a combo, if you have the meter. If you take a proactive stance to rack up the damage, then good luck to you since if you're in ANYBODY'S face, they can just throw out that uber-pro-level strategy and mash out their 5A to stuff absolute everything Hakumen can do since in CT, his moves were THAT worthlessly slow. Though, I still maintain that CT Hakumen raped Carl and Tao for free.

CT Tager isn't crushing anyone unless they're a scrub or you're MikeZ. Anyone with range beats CT Tager automatically unless they fuck up HORRIBLY, except Hakumen, who is CT Tager's ONE good matchup. Watch some Carl/Arakune/Nu/Litchi/Jin vs. Tager matches. Especially the Carl ones. I think I glanced somewhere once and saw that the Japanese players actually had that as 9-1 in Carl's favor. It's fucking hilarious to watch.

Bang, eh. He got a lot of shit he did not need. CS Bang reminds me a lot of Millia with all those invisible overheads and impossible to avoid forced oki rape situations, except he's tied for second highest defense. CT Bang was a shit, but he didn't need even half of the shit he got to be a more viable character.

Man, I cannot tell you how much I hate(d) BB:CT.

You mean that big swing he does in the air with forward C? They moved it to down C. His anti-air is still as rape as ever, more so with his new poke.

And, you have no idea how buff he is now that he can counter projectiles.

CS, Hakumen's new j.C, the huge reaching poke. That's what I'm talking about. I'm well aware of the change in command input for his old j.C. His anti-air game is not as rape as it was in CT since 6A now has to be done fairly early to catch anyone, and his 4C isn't anti-airing anybody whose balls aren't level with your face because it's upward hitbox isn't that big. You can probably swat the flies out of the air occasionally, but it's not guaranteed and free like it was in CT.

His anti-air game works fine just fine still. I put down bitches like a bad habit in the arcade with it, I just need to push down instead when I use it. Or not, and poke them right out of the air.

And now that projectiles can't stop me...

All aboard the rape train! CHOO CHOO

FAAAAAAAALCON PUUUUUUUNCH.

its, "FALCONNNNNEE PAAWWWNNNCHHHH!!!"

anyways everyone has their preferences, at high end gameplay 3S MvC2 is the shit. SSF4 is good but I miss my x3 taunt smash, I still play it casually with friends (even though they acceled to another skill level while im still stuck on 3S tears.)

Blazblue was fun but i used Nu honestly and my ratio was 6:1 online and i got tired of knocking the shit outta my brother, fun game though honestly

GG was classic but again, a game i played casually GG and BB was my brothers forte while more traditional fighters like SF were my forte.

so in the end the shit talking is merely opinionated, just cuz people say "SF4 sucks lololol because of (reasons here)" people can say the same shit for the other game

Also you will never understand the true system until you start playing high level

SSF4 my brother still doesnt understand why i go 20-1 on him, why? he gets punished for everything while he would be safe in GG for what he did

After i play him for a while and I go online i start getting my ass whupped, its cuz I adjusted to my brothers playstyle and I started playing like a scrub against him to win

I wasnt blocking for shit, getting randomed by turtling nubs, but thats my own damn fault for not defending myself and learning from my mistakes.

also to the guy that said that the parry system is broken in 3S and that you have to mind read to use it

you are so fucking wrong

other then that, they are all great games no need to bash

and i dunno if this any of this makes sense, comin down from a trip and havent slept in a few

• 1 month later...

So, 4 more characters for DLC huh?

I heard they're bringing back Nu-13, but instead of a separate character, it I heard it might just be Lambda's Unlimited mode.

Also announced is Noel's friend, Makoto Nanaya (hotness)

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/1263/250pxmakocsart.png

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/866/makotocrest.png

Also, one of the Six Legendary Heros, Platinum The Trinity (wtf)

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/7918/200pxplatcsart.png

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/1517/platinumthetrinitycrest.png

And Rachel's butler, Valkenhayn Hellsing (FUCK. YEAH.)

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/5950/200pxvalkcsart.png

http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/9049/valkenhayncrest.png

Those last two haven't been officially announced, but some data for them has been found in the game, like character art, crests, and theme songs.

Continuum Shift is really fun to play. Until one of the usual no-lifers come to the arcade, who then spend twenty dollars trying to corner you and do infinite combo loops and general cheap douchebaggery.

But when I do get to play it, I can fully admire the new characters as well as older character improvements. Hakumen's new sword whip attack is pretty tight and adds a good wad to his range game. How he also turns projectiles into deathballs with his sword is epic, and my girlfriend yelled at me for throwing her into them.

Good times (besides the former mentioned).

Still waiting on Guilty Gear 2 2. I think Arc felt bad about what they did.

I still hate you for that. >>; And you attempted to astral finish me but you didn't know the new conditions. :P

YOU KNOW I HATE THOSE DOUCHEBAGS UGH...

I'm so serious when it comes to Blazblue....

Also, fuck hazama I wanna play as Valkenhayn now. Trinty looks like shit to me, taokaka will always be the cutest.

Makoto is freaking talim+May.

Edited by Fallyne

• 2 weeks later...
Got BB:CT for cheap a couple days ago so I can learn some basics before BB:CS comes out. Really enjoying the game. It's looking like Taokaka and Noel are gonna be my mains. I'm not sure on a 3rd. Was considering Litchi or Bang, but I'm finding out that I am going to have to wait on my 8way to get in if I'm going to be using them with any bit of decency.

Ragna's good for everybody since he's simple. Looks like a rapestick in CS, though; that Belial/Burial Edge shit is too good.

My problem with characters like Ragna is this sort of skill wall they seem to have. When you're good with them, you're good and it shows, but there's a certain point where you just can't get any better.

Of course, the bottom line is that you should main whoever the fuck you like using the most, or else the technique just won't flow.

I love fighting Faust players.

And moar liek Ragna=Sol sans projectile and with a rekka. Sol is basically a shoto. Ragna has no fireball. This makes them pretty different. Honestly, I always thought Jin's playstyle was more akin to Sol than any other BB character, despite being superficially the opposite of Sol.

Yeah I play Jin better because Ragna is simple. Put simply, Ragna isn't good for everybody. It's just easier to pull off his combos and you have slightly more freedom with your selection of combos. However, he has no options. He has to force the issue all the time and his more damaging combos are not a walk in the park either.

The skill thing is just dumb too. You have to BE better to do better against good players when you are maining Ragna because of his lack of options. He's fairly predictable from variety of Ragna's I have watched as well. You just either know your combos or you don't with him. In my particular case he just doesn't fit my style even though I was able to pull his BnB's more easily than other characters.

Just playing the game and learning is gonna make you better. It just takes time and dedication. It doesn't matter what character you are using because BB isn't a "pick this character and be good" kind of game.

With that said after a lot of Hell mode mediocrity I have decided that my mains are going to be Hakumen and Jin. I appreciate the timing they require and the way they attack openings. Only problem I really have in there is that Jin is a classic street fighter. Fuck that game.

Ragna doesn't have options. He's forced to get in your face no matter what. His only option is being in your face. That's what I was referring to.

And Griffon, you should be thankful I'm running Jin. I wanted to run Litchi. Her Oki game is fucking ridiculous.

Oooh. Okay, misunderstanding. Yeah. I'm not too huge on that whole "YOU MUST PLAY ME THIS WAY" thing in fighting games. The option to roll with punches with do you so well.

I never understood the Jin hate. I mean, he's a shoto, so yeah, fuck him. But he's not exactly the worst character in the world to fight against.

And Griffon, you should be thankful I'm running Jin. I wanted to run Litchi. Her Oki game is fucking ridiculous.

Sorry, but no. Litchi may have a pretty insane game in the hands of a skilled player, but she's nowhere near as rage-inducing as Jin.

I never understood the Jin hate. I mean, he's a shoto, so yeah, fuck him. But he's not exactly the worst character in the world to fight against.

I don't hate Jin for being a shoto, far from it. I mean, I use Arakune who's pretty rage-inducing in is own right, and worse than any shoto.

No, I hate Jin because he was given a whole lot of perks, but absolutely no weaknesses. Kinda like Sol, except with the ability to get more free hits with his freezing. His ice moves make sure you are completely still and defenseless half the fight giving him free damage and combos, his Ice Car goes straight into spammy combos, he has one move with a stupid amount of invincibility frames, and on top of that he's fast, deals good damage, with no less than mediocre defense. He has NO downsides at all, unless you count all the rage people will get for playing him.

Now I heard they toned down his damage and sped up unfreezing, so he's probably not as bad in CS, but I had to take this one last chance to rant before I couldn't anymore.

Yeah, that shit's all in your head. His drive is blockable so freezing only matters if you eat it on a random poke or a throw. Combos that involve freezing are irrelevant because you wouldn't be moving anyway.

And yeah, Jin has a downside. A total lack of a mix-up game. Second worst mix-ups in the game next to Hakumen.

Edited by Lenin

I would eat the the no weaknesses argument right now. The ONLY normal Jin has that can't be blocked from the crouch is 6A. Happens to be his lone overhead. So uh yeah when Jin is pressuring you then just block low. Otherwise stop making so many mistakes because Jin is primarily a punisher so if you are getting whooped by him then it's your own fault.

The only other thing I could think of that Jin could do is possibly a low iad j.B, but I really don't think that is too likely. I think if you were crouching it would just whiff anyways and you could DP your way out of that one.

Edited by Wrenchis

Ok, that kinda bugs me a little when people justify Jins OPness by saying "block".

[sarcasm]OH, is THAT what I was doing wrong.[/sacrasm]

Never mind the fact that this is a offense-oriented game that deliberately punishes over-defensive play. That and the fact that Jin is quick enough to keep someone pressured the entire time they're blocking. I know because that's what happens to be.

Now I'm not saying that BB needs to reward turtling as much as Street Fighter does, but Jin has the whole Soul Calibur thing where he can just attack as long as I'm blocking so my options are either get hit + frozen, or get my barrier broken + frozen.

Like I said, supposedly that's not so much of a problem anymore, so I was just taking this one last chance to rant.

Do you read up on frame data? Knowing the frames can help out a lot. You can look for specific moves in blockstrings and punish them.

You've also yet to state why exactly you think Jin is overpowered.

Edited by Wrenchis