White Glint down through the ages.

DragonXGW

first off, greetings, I'm new here, but I've been a long time AC fan since I first discovered Project Phantasma. I own nearly every AA game (except for Ninebreaker because I can't find it anywhere)

I've been recently looking through the various AC games and I've noticed something rather interesting.

White Glint has been around nearly as long as Nine-Ball has.

Watching the opening videos for AC: MoA, AC2, and then AC:4A, I've noticed that all three of those videos features a core design that is fundamentally similar.

I even loaded up the White Glint design, changed it's colours abit and gave it a vertical missile launcher, a grenade launcher, a Karasawa (refuse to call it canopus) and a moonlight blade and I was honostly rather surprised by just how similar it was to those others.

Has anyone else noticed the similarities in these cores?

What?

Also welcome.

thanks for the welcome.

And what I'm saying is, the general design for White Glint has been around for awhile now.

It's no wonder that the parts refer to the being masterpeices, it's because they are old classic peices that have made it through several renditions.

The XA/2 core that originated in Armored Core 2 has always been popular. It's been used as a base for newer AC cores numerous times and copied a few times, too. The Salaf (Salaux/Soluh) core is also very similar to it. I wouldn't read too much into it. It's just the basic concept core that FROM SOFTWARE and the fans have liked for a long time. XA/2 is easily the most famous AC core port ever designed, I think.

I wouldn't say White Glint has been around as long as Nineball has, though. They only came up with White Glint in AC4 and his core, if it is based on the XA/2 to any real degree, is more of a respect paid to the XA/2 than it is to White Glint. I still feel as if the Salaf core is far more reminiscent of the XA/2, though.

It may be that you mean some core other than the XA/2, but if that's the case then it is very likely that it's a passing resemblance only. Though there are a few other cores that have existed since the beginning of the AC universe.

I know that the various cores shown in the various videos are not actually White Glint (asside from For Answer's video)

I just thought it would be interesting to make note of the similarities. Obviously, White Glint itself is not as old as Nine-Ball, that comment was meant to be for mild humor, I was more referring to the general design being nearly as old.

Watching the opening videos for AC: MoA, AC2, and then AC:4A, I've noticed that all three of those videos features a core design that is fundamentally similar.

something that I'm really sure about 3 ACs from 3 series is they're all steady on catapult before launching.

edit : about design of core parts, I think WG core look similar as AC2 core part (I can't remember about AC2 name, so I'll give this for LR name, it's ICURUS) with additional wings. (OB part of WG that looks like wings when transform to flight mode)

Edited by Tarstrudelvick

I think White Glint is more of the embodiment of that "sleek cannon using" AC that's always been the poster child of Armored Core games.

He's been there in ESSENCE.

In a way, that design choice is like Nineball. Except Nineball is a rude customer who does not like being replaced as the poster child of AC. Why else would he try to kill you every game?

Edited by Pendragon

• 1 month later...
Kinda. The White Glint is AC4 is supposed to be a prototype model piloted by Joshua or something. The main character is supposed to be piloting the real White Glint. I blame it on FROM SOFTWARE for being horrible at storylines. Way too many inconsistencies.

My understanding was that a lot of the story was lost in the translation.

In AC4 White Glint was the AC of Joshua O'Brian, another skilled Raven from a neighboring colony. At the end of AC4 some corporation (Omer?) held his colony hostage while giving Joshua the prototype ARETHA AC with orders to kill you (Seeing as you've taken down two corporations by this point). Upon Joshuas defeat, the players character changes his AC to White Glint in his honor (I've also heard that it was mentioned somewhere that it was Joshuas wish that this happen, so the protagonist of AC4 may simply be finning Joshuas wish) and upon joining Line Ark, the custom White Glint was made.

As for the ACs appearance, yeah it's only because it was designed by Shoji Kawamori that it looks like a lot of the older designs. Its possible that since he was only brought in to design that one AC, he made its appearance a bit of an homage to some of his older designs.