ACU Gallery has Exploded

Harakiri Tiger

While I was playing with the built in watermark feature that comes with the gallery software we use in the ACU Gallery I managed to blow up all the Gallery images. The software says it works one way and has specific functionality, but it seems like that functionality was exagerated in the manual to a degree I wasn't expecting. So, I blew up many of the pictures that are currently in the ACU Gallery.

The watermark feature seems to work in awkward ways. Some pictures it successfully uses the watermark transparency on, others it doesn't. The ones that it doesn't use the transparency on are my major concern, as well as it applying the watermark to spots I didn't want it applied to. I also used a watermark that was a bit too big the first time. I've since fixed it so it's smaller and more transparent, but the original watermark is still overlayed on the images. The manual says that the images are stored seperately with watermark and without so you can freely change the watermark when you need to, this happened to be false (or the software is going crazy).

Anyway, I've spent time looking around for a solution to fix all the images with ease, but there isn't any. So, the gallery has blown up and it is my fault. I'm not going to delete the images in the member albums. I feel that is better to leave to the original members who uploaded those images as they may not remember what they've uploaded if I delete them. I will be re-uploading all the images in the AC Gallery that I can, though.

For now, the watermark feature will remain off until I get a more complete understanding of why it explodes in the way it does.

I also want to give a special apology (mad shoutouts, yo) to TMRaven, who uploaded a large amount of screencaptures that I have ruined just about as much as they can be ruined.

=|

Much love and apologies,

-Niji

PS: Also, if anyone is willing to help look for AC images that are free to upload and upload them to the Gallery that would be wonderful. Please remember to list where you got the pictures from in the comments box. Yes, I realize I'm asking for other people to help me cover my ass.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to be deleting nearly all of, if not all, the artwork that I uploaded to the gallery and re-uploading it so it doesn't have the watermark. Until I figure out a way to make that watermark less intrusive and less annoying to deal with I'm going to leave the gallery unmarked.

This post's main purpose is mostly to serve as a heads up to all the people who normally use the ACU Gallery or who plan on using it this week. A lot of the pics won't be there, including the ACV pics, until I reupload them. Just be patient and I'll get done as soon as I can. I'll try to keep the downtime to under a week.

~_^