Don't Call it a Comeback! 360 Community Project

Atari

*sigh*

Alright, let me first just say this ain't gonna be easy. We're looking long term here of at least 2 months.Maybe less, maybe more. Honestly I can't really say right now.

The goal is essentially to restore AC4 360 community back to a respectable point.

But first and foremost to say, I'm a troll,a absolute gigantic neck beard sperglord troll. But I've never seen such a amazing push to get this game up and running from newcomers that have stumbled along it.

And we're not talking about the type that plays 2 matches and says "Oh hey, this game was fun".

No, we're talking about people who are striving to become someone really good in the armored core time line. The initiative and the willingness to learn I've seen over the past half of a month have really shown me how dedicated these few are.

* How you can help

-Generally have a 360 helps. I'm not asking anyone to buy one, but, if you can borrow one or steal your cousins for the weekend-anything help. Each person that plays only strengthens the bond. This is a GROUP effort. Alone it will fail, in numbers we trust.

-If someone I or a associate have convinced to join this site from the 360 side enters chat, try not to completely fuck with him the first time through.People are quickly scared with new things, they need time and reassurance that this is truly a site for AC lovers.

-Any rumors or bullshit about people or designs you feel like it is necessary can be kindly put in your fucking ass. We're/I'm trying a positive outcome( for once), so any self righteous bullshit that everyone normally tolerates here can sit on the back burner for a small period of time.

-Give *GOOD* advice to new players. If you have to think "Hmmm, this would work on PSN" first think about the 360's meta gaming, then adjust your advice accordingly. I don't want to see any of that no sense weapon combo bullshit that ACO tolerates so fucking much.

That's it.If you can't help then, hey,that's fucking rad.

If you can, that's fucking rad too.

That's it folks.

Edited by Atari

I like the sound of this. It's a great idea to try out.

I don't have a 360 or access to one. It may be possible for me to buy one sometime in the next month or two, though. If I do manage to get one I can play with you guys and even record vids in super high quality. Either way, ACV won't be hitting the states for a good while and we'll probably draw people in since so many of us are importing it. Those people will likely want to play an AC game while they wait for ACV to hit, so having stuff like this can be super useful.

EDIT: I'd also like to see more 360 players around in-general. I don't like the idea of ACU being an "X" console only site, though I suppose it's already lost that to a large degree since we have quite a few 360 players sitting around here now as it is. I feel like having more players of both consoles around would be nice, though.

I just recently brought Armored Core 4 and going through the single player and unlocking everything and I think this is probably something that I would like to get involved.

Sign me up and my 360 live is the same as my account.

So out of a checklist I wrote down here's how it's breaking down.

360 AC4 Playerbase ? represents not currently sure.

Atari Rccola

II Veritas II Hawkbrother

RoughneckxM80x MasterGrunt

xx spyrow xx Ourherorainair Timea-LOL,NO.

Boss Savage Spartaneous X

Vickers(?) Altaire (?)

Psn102 (?) DarkChaplin88

iI GIJOE Ii o Showtek o

urxecutionerx South Q.

/b/ Pauls Thrd Leg

Furry zspydude

xiJenova

5-10 Shitty Bladers/New Gunner mixup.

3-7 Japanese

FA->AC4 Players currently (0)

ACU 360 players currently (1)

Total: 38 ( With 3 ?'s)

WE STILL NEED MORE!

Edit: Updated the list.

Bump.

Coming up with a Free for all and a doubles tourney.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOURNEY CODE: AC4 16 Man 1v1/ 14 Man 2v2 Doubles Throwown 011'.

Rules: Both tournaments take place on Parabolic, 15 minutes-no exceptions.

Glitches earn you a auto loss, in both settings.

Don't want a loss? Don't be a bitch.Period.

There are no part restrictions, this is a all out match.

Every match is going to be recorded at seperate intervals.

You are to find your own partner for the doubles tournament, if you cannont, you are disqualified.

There is to be 1 referee in every match, if there cannot, the match is to be rescheduled.

Players in the tournament cannot be referees.

If you somehow manage to explain the rules to a japanese player he or she will be able to participate.

During the 2v2 tournament seperate parties will be enforced, this allows each team to talk and make callouts without the other team hearing.

The winner of the 1v1 tournament will be rewarded a $25 itunes giftcard.

All recordings will be put on youtube.

All rules must be followed.

Strictly.

Edit: The 1v1 tournament is to take place on Saturday 3:30 am est time. The 2v2 tournament date is to still be announced for sometime next week.

Edited by Atari

herro, im here now.

any 360 players not on my friends list hit me up on LIVE anytime.

I'm hitting up everyone I know.

You should do the same, spread the word.

3:30 est On saturday.

I'm trying to get everyone in, new and old players a like.

~Thanks.

Edit: Could even break 16 people.

Edited by Atari

any idea how many people are playing tomorrow? and who?

Literally recieved messages from any of you.

Even Craig went and told a bunch of of people about it and I pretty much didn't hear a word.

This is going to prob be rescheduled. People really need to get their shit together, we could of had this working and up tomorrow but I had no responses. So as of now it's being rescheduled on Saturday 14, 3:30 est am.

If I don't have people messaging me or whatsoever this will be canceled. I figured this would be something fun and help the community get moving a little bit but I'll won't cry if it doesn't happen.

I'm sending out messages now but you also need to spread the word.

If people need to know the tourney rules you are to link them to this page.

That is all currently.

2 days isn't enough time for me to accept an invitation to a tournament. Now that I've seen a $25 gift card in the prize pool though, I'm game for next week. I just happened to be wanting to buy Lupe's Lasers album as you announced that.

• 5 weeks later...

New post just to make people come into this section of the forum, lol.

Got my copy, got almost all the parts (all the shit I'll ever use, anyway), and 316 FRS. I don't need anymore than that.

I got a couple of my bots back, and I wouldn't mind hanging out in a room from time to time and getting some matches in.

I'm always into helping people out. I mean hey, the more good players we have in the AC community the better, right?

My 360 isn't connected to the internet right now (hope to change that soon) But I still might be able to help people learn this game.

No go, unfortunately. I still have ACFA, but I traded it in AC4 years ago when it was still selling for a decent price. That I haven't traded ACFA is only because it's not worth anything anymore.

Send it to me, homie. I want those Lahire parts again.

*Only partially joking.

I guess he doesn't want me to be happy.