AC Design Fliter

Exorcet

An actual filtering/sorting tool I can't add. I'm not that good at web design.

I could potentially add seperate sub-forums for each game, but that would create a large amount of sub-forums on the boards design sections. It would remove the need for a topic title tag, though. My problem lies not in manageament of it or lag issues or anything like that. It's only a matter of having an incredibly large amount of sub-forums. I don't think it'd be a big issue for user navigation either. At most, it's one more click.

Idk. I don't really care. It's all the same to me, really. I have no complaints concerning management or topic moving or any forum side work. It barely increases any forum navigation difficulty and does allow for more dedicated sections, so I'm alright with it. That's about all I can do for filtering, though. If you guys don't care or want seperated design forums just say so. If you prefer it the way it is, just say so. I'll give it a week and see what the responses and arguments are like.

I like a filter more than separating things because new people who come here for FA would probably get more exposure to AC4 somewhat if the designs are in the same topic (filter would be set to show both by default I guess) and then I can save their souls from FA.

Separating the games would making going through designs easier though. Not sure if it would be better to split them or keep them as one.

I can't do anything about a filter, so it's seperate design forums or bust. I'll wait till the last day of this month I suppose to see if people like the idea of split design forums or not. After that we'll go with w/e the consensus in this topic is concerning leaving them as they are or splitting them.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh! I thought of something kind of related. Is there any way to change it so that the prefixes will show up on the recent posts page?

But yeah I'd like a filter, but seeing as that isn't possible, between more subforums or staying the same I'm indifferent.

Nope, no way to make prefixes show up that I know of. Yah, the filter is basically impossible. I'm not really magic at html/css or anything. I'm just good at figuring stuff out on my own, but I'm sure that would take a long time to figure out. Also, I plan on probably upgrading to IPB 3.0 before ACV hits Japan. That would ruin any custom coding by default since new board software always overwrites and delete the old edited stuff.

Easiest solution is to remove topic prefixes entirely, which means no more "post edit removes prefix" bugs, and then to seperate all the different games into their own design forums. This would also mean that there's no reason for people to put "ACFA / AC:fA / AC4A / for Answer" etc in their topic title, since they would be posting in the ACfA designated design forum. Overall work is pretty small and it doesn't add to any overhead, really.

It's just a matter of would it look silly? With the AC Design Weeks going up for each AC game we're likely to see at least a few designs posted in each section a year if we break them into sections. It would certainly give those designs more attention, I suppose.