XLink Kai

Harakiri Tiger

--------------------------------------------------

Play Nexus, Nine Breaker, and Last Raven Online

Are you tired of beating up the same old mindless AI with your ACs? Have you ever wanted to play Nexus, Nine Breaker, or Last Raven with other people? Have you ever wanted to personally test your ACs against other people's ACs? Have you ever wanted to test your skill at piloting an AC against other good pilots? Do you want to become a better, more knowledgeable, and more robust AC player all-around?

You can do all of those things using XLink Kai. With XLink Kai you can play those Armored Core games online with anyone else in the world who has them, although lag will be an issue when playing over great distances. We already have numerous Kai players here at ACU, both veterans and rookies. Finding a match to fool around in, a practice partner to get better with, a teacher to learn how to play, or a knowledgeable veteran to help you fine tune your design is easy. Need to find someone to play? Try visiting ACU Chat or posting in this topic and asking if someone can play. Need help fine tuning a design? Try posting it here and getting some critique on it.

Are your nipples sore from a strong desire to play Armored Core against real people instead of AI? Are your panties in a bundle over the thought of totally and utterly dominating some weak fool of a pilot in an Armored Core match? Do you want to know what it feels like to have your spider sense tingling in the heat of player vs player battle more than your toes do after a wonderful orgasm? Have you ever wanted to do a 2v2 team match with a friend against other people?

What are you waiting for?! Don't be shy. Give it a shot! Stand up and shout, "Niji! I want to join you on XLink Kai right now!"

How XLink Kai Works

XLink Kai is a program that you run on your PC that allows you to play System-Link / LAN games for your Gamecube, XBox, XBox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, and PSP. This software is referred to as a "tunnelling" application. There are various other single-console tunnelling applications available, but XLink remains the only one to support multiple major consoles.

XLink Kai lets you connect with other console users around the world, and play games online for free. XLink Kai tricks your console into thinking that the other users it is connecting to over the Internet are actually part of a Local Area Network (LAN). It essentially makes your console believe that the computer you are running XLink Kai on is your friend's console, rather than just a computer. It does the same for your friends computer and console, making his console think his computer is your console. This is the basis of "tunnelling" and of system-link gaming. With XLink Kai, you have the option to test your skills with anybody in the world as long as the game in question has a System-Link / LAN option for multiplayer.

Requirements for XLink Kai Use

You want to try XLink Kai out, but don't know if you'll be able to run it? Don't worry. I got you covered, friend. Using XLink Kai to play Armored Core games with us only requires a few things from you. You don't need an amazing computer or a super high speed interenet connection. As long as your computer isn't from before the year 2000 and your Internet isn't Dial-Up, you should be fine. It's also important to note that you can only play Nexus, Nine Breaker, Last Raven, Armored Core 4, and for Answer online. Only those AC games have support for LAN mode play. The most played game on XLink Kai from that list is Last Raven, by a long shot.

Make sure you have everything on this list before you try to install XLink Kai as you can not play on XLink Kai without it.

• Armored Core: Nexus, Armored Core: Nine Breaker, or Armored Core: Last Raven
  • PlayStation 2 w/Network Adaptor, PlayStation 2 Slim, or Backwards Compatible PlayStation 3
  • Desktop or Laptop Computer
  • Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
  • Ethernet Wires (DO NOT USE WIRELESS)
  • Network Router
  • Broadband Modem
  • Broadband Internet Access
  • XLink Kai User Account (Click SIGN UP)
  • XLink Kai Program (Click DOWNLOADS)
  • Access to ACU Chat

Setting Up XLink Kai and Your PS2/PS3

Whales occasionally become stranded on the surface of the sun.

Navigating the XLink Kai User Interface

I am not certain that I know where I am right now.

Using Nexus, Ninebreaker, and Last Raven Online

Apple cider is made from the souls of gerbils blended together with rainbow sherbert ice cream.

Troubleshooting

Some obese men have erroneously large noses. The best way to to solve this is through three rapid-fire and direct punches to any of their outstretched and unguarded limbs.

ACU PvP Guidelines and Etiquette

Please try to follow these general rules when playing online with other people! I need more words to fill this space.

-------------------------

----- Armored Core: Last Raven

Banned Parts List

Asian men wear smaller hats than african men.

VS Mode Map List

Competitive Play Maps (Preferred)

----- Cyberspace

----- Advance Base

----- AC Garage

----- Military District

----- Crest Base

----- Marine Base

----- Born City

Casual Play Maps (Usable)

----- Energy Plant

----- Highlands

----- Spaceport

----- Central River

----- Open Arena

----- Hole Aqua

----- Underground Works

----- Structure

----- Ruin

----- Snowy Field

----- Abandoned Factory

----- Arena

Limited Play Maps (Please Avoid)

----- Air Base

----- Laboratory

----- Volcano

----- Barn Arena

----- Deck Cage

----- Site-5

----- Dune

----- Training Space

----- Floating Arena

----- Armored Core: Nine Breaker

Banned Parts List

The Sahara desert is made out of lava.

VS Mode Map List

I have eaten an entire tree within twenty-five minutes and thirteen seconds before.

----- Armored Core: Nexus

Banned Parts List

Bananas contain more vitamins than polar bears.

VS Mode Map List

The circumference of a single breast can be measured using things like rulers and Elmer's glue.

Edited by Harakiri Tiger
I will continue to add more information to this topic.

• 1 year later...
Hey whatever works right. I'll try to get a lr save up and running and I'm sure LCC might try to join in as well eventually. Our last big gig were the Last Raven Fantasy Duels like last year, but havn't really thought about the game since then.

• 3 weeks later...

[booyaka] 4:58 pm: so im tryin to recompile kai

[booyaka] 4:58 pm: but its lookin like the actual service is down

[booyaka] 4:59 pm: im tryin to get us to be able to play online

[booyaka] 4:59 pm: http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=231376

[booyaka] 4:59 pm: theres some orbitals in europe

[Magnus] 5:00 pm: There's always the portable versions with AdHoc.

[booyaka] 5:02 pm: does anyone wanna try to connect to kai with me this weekend?

[booyaka] 5:02 pm: i got a build for snowleapord(what im on)

[booyaka] 5:02 pm: but i guess i could make for lion too or moutain liion

[Magnus] 5:03 pm: I don't have any of my PS2 AC games or have ever used Kai before so I'd be no good.

[Magnus] 5:03 pm: TM would love to help but he's not here at the moment I'm sure.

[booyaka] 5:03 pm: ahh damn

[booyaka] 5:03 pm: yea tm would

[booyaka] 5:03 pm: that foo was on my facebook but hes gone now? lol hmmmmm

[booyaka] 5:03 pm: llc is he around?

[booyaka] 5:03 pm: that foo is godlike at kai shit too

[booyaka] 5:06 pm: hey well magnus

[Magnus] 5:06 pm: He's around. Not often, though. He just kinda leaves his chat on and then does stuff.

[booyaka] 5:06 pm: imma be on like tomrrow

[booyaka] 5:06 pm: can u tell foos

[booyaka] 5:06 pm: that im tryin to get to work

[booyaka] 5:07 pm: all help is appreciated

[Magnus] 5:07 pm: No problem.

[booyaka] 5:07 pm: cuz i know everyone wanna get on LR

[booyaka] 5:07 pm: cool thanks man peace eveyrone.

• 3 weeks later...

^ yea kai is so fucked, I guess the personal VPN is the only option, anyone got any ideas where to start at?

i know kai isnt the only tunneling software on the planet

HAMACHI

It works for a computer-based VPN at least.

Your best bet is converting kai to allow one of the host computers to be the server for the connection taking the place of the kai servers. Since either way you'll need to modify a program.

Edited by Tsuranga

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

People on this site tend to read the content, so you don't really need to relink shit on here from one spot to another (unless it's for comedic effect).

People who play and/or are interested in stuff like playing LR on Kai, will notice something new in the appropriate threads and sub-forums.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...