Minecraft - ACU Server

Harakiri Tiger

This is our Minecraft topic. Feel free to discuss MC or the ACU MC server here.

Don't edit other peoples stuff.

-------------------------

ACU World: Survival World - Hard

ACU World Map: >Click Here

Server IP Address: 216.252.30.214

Current Status: Up

ACU World: Creative World

ACU World Map: >Click Here

Server IP Address: noventa.ddns.net

Current Status: Down

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I'm almost done working on the starter house thing I wanted to build. I've got some ideas for it that I want to put into play, but it'll take me about 2-3 days to finish it all up I think. Especially considering how easily I'm sidetracked. One of the things I plan on doing is knocking out all the supports under it my island home and flattening part of the landscape around it. It'll basically be a floating semi-fortress thingy. I already have it ready to go and I picked the point I plan on making the bottom of already. I'll do this later though, since I don't have the time right now.

I would appreciate it immensely if everyone avoided modyfing my house or the nearby surrounding terrain over the next few days. You are all still free to use the items/forge/cube/beds all you want, though.

I know KDan is wanting to build his house under my house, but from the looks of it it'll be too close to my home as it is currently. I think it would be best if KDan built his house either another 8 blocks deeper in the ground or if he moved about 8 more blocks away from my house. I'm not sure if he reads these topics, though. If you happen to see him on the server, please tell him to read this post so he somewhat knows what I'm planning and we don't end up building all over each others stuff. Remember 8 or so blocks farther away and he should be good.

KDan, I left two signs in front of your house.

I'm just about done working on my house, but to finish up I needed a uniform look so I could properly measure and space everything. I ended up having to tear up your front door area and put a sort of roof over it while I cleaned out the insides of my island. Please don't worry about it. As soon as I'm done working on the underbelly of my floating island house I'll take the roof right back off your front door and it'll look normal again. For now though, I need it the way it is.

Anyway, this goes for everyone.

DO NOT MODIFY MY HOME OR THE SURROUNDING TERRAIN NEARBY.

I've carved out a lot of stuff right now and if you happen to take dirt from the wrong spots you could cause a lot of flooding. Also, if you dig a hole in the floor of my house or in my yard or anywhere else in my property you'll fall through and probably break your legs. My floor is literally only 1 block thick right now cuz I gutted the entirety of the island down to core blocks only. If you dig or remove any sand/dirt/etc you'll either fall through or cause flooding for sure.

Please avoid bringing creepers anywhere near my home right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Can we turn survival off? I'm tired of having to torch everything in sight, having creepers blow up my ass because I didn't see it walk up behind me, having to rush back to my shelter to the bed before nightfall, and losing half my building time to night.

The only things we lose out on is gunpowder from creepers, string from spiders, and bones from skeletons. You can get feathers from chickens so fuck zombies. Gunpowder is only used for TNT and TNT isn't as useful as it should be. String is used for bows but since there wouldn't be any hostile mobs, you don't really need a bow. Hunting passive mobs with a bow is dumb and expensive. You wouldn't be able to make fishing poles, unfortunately, but bread heals as much as cooked fish and is way easier to come by. Cooked porkchop heals more than both. Having no bones is only a problem if you plan on making certain colored wool blocks. You wouldn't be able to make gray, light gray, lime, light blue, magenta, or pink dye.

I just find dealing with hostile mobs to be more of an annoyance than a challenge.

I can turn it off, yah. What does noob think about it? I can actually run two worlds, btw. I can alternate them every two weeks or so. Kinda like in single player, I can have more than one world saved on my server. If you want I can leave this one as it is for now, start up a new world with "Armored Core Universe" as a seed and disable survival mode on one of them. That or we can just stick to one world and I can disable survival, etc.

I don't think I'd mind starting fresh since I haven't been online enough to do anything spectacular. I just recently got the idea for what I wanted to build. Also, I haven't found much in the way of ore where I am so a new seed might help me in that regard. Though, if the others just want to concentrate on the existing world, I'm fine with that. My biggest thing is just how annoying I find survival.

I'm down for either one. Whichever world gets Peaceful will be the world I'll play. I only have the basic framework of my house up (and it'll stay that way until I can eventually mine the stuff I need, which, given creepers/zombies/spiders etc., will take forever) so I won't be losing out on a ton of progress.

I don't particularly MIND playing with mobs - it does have its fun - but the creepers are killing me. Having to respawn doesn't piss me off nearly as much as having to rebuild.

Those seeds probably only have really good starting areas, though. I mean I've found some pretty cool terrain in our current world that is a good full map away from the starting zone. I'll go ahead and turn off survival when I get home later and then we can just try out like 20 different seeds if you guys want.

seriously if you need wood just take it from my house. my tree farm makes tons of wood

the only reason i want peaceful is so i dont have to build a moat around every house i make. itll discourage me from trying to make a lava moat under a wood house and itll make my houses look prettier

Ok, made ACU World #2. Don't worry about World #1, it's saved and I can switch back any time. I have disabled Survival mde and PvP mode now. ACU World #2 is using the seed "Armored Core Universe" and has some relatively crazy terrain. You can create a single player world with the same seed and you should spawn in the same approximate area if you want to see what the world is like unmodified or without logging in. The world is heavily populated by small lakes/ponds, an immense amount of trees, and lots of very tall mountains with randomly inserted flat terrain. There are also few deep caves, as far as I can tell. Most are more like cracks in the ground than anything else.

I refrained from modifying anything this time around, so the world is totally fresh for everyone. The starter zone is the edge of a relatively big lake that's enclosed from every direction except one, which leads to the ocean. It's surrounded by tons of sand, dirt, mountains, and trees. I suggest being careful about the terrain you decide to blow up this time around, especially since we have Survival mode off. Take your time and wander around the area a bit before you pick a place to live, if you get lost and go super far away I can just login and teleport you to me.

Enjoy!

i jsut checked out the new world

theres so many trees i want to burn them all down

plus the mountains and hills are annoying

i found one spot where id like to build but i need to nuke a lot of the trees and hills before doing so, which is going to take forever

then i need to get a ton of resources to start building

its also super far away from og spawn so if i die im fucked since i cant find any sheep atm for a bed

i wish i had my stuff from my other file with me to speed things up