Statistics:

AP: 9023

Weight: 9167

Max Boost Speed: 2140

Turning Speed: 1170

Cooling: 7923

--------------------------------------------------

Description:

This was my first AC that turned became a "staple". This was designed in my rookie days and the idea of "tournament banned parts" had yet to be introduced to me. Strangely enough while I still love this AC and enjoy trying to find out if it can be rebuilt in subsequent games, it's actually more or less the complete opposite of what my preferred AC style would become by AC3. Who would've guessed that a cannon-loving quad aficionados first staple would have been an RJ missile boat?

Tactics:

Well, there's probably a better way to use it, but back in the day this was used to simply gain significant altitude and rain the missiles down as long as they were useful. The NIGHT usually came into play to pick off the last bits of remaining AP of the opponents, or if the missiles were, for whatever reason, not useful. OB very rarely came into play, if at all.

Known Issues:

The amount of energy required for both means of attacking means genbusting is pretty much a death sentence. Close range designs can give this AC trouble as well.

PvP Information:

Well I can't really say with any certainty how well this would work against more experienced players, but this AC was infamous amongst my friends in our rookie days. I may be remembering through rose-tinted glasses, but if I remember correctly once the design was finished it became nigh-undefeated.

The main problems here are the rad/gen and blade. Lightening the load allows for more frame defense and B1000 is the only gen worth using. The blade just sucks, never hits, and drain/weighs more than it's worth. T100 is far superior as a general blade as it recovers faster and takes less commitment. Starter or en efficient blade are best if you use it for positioning and don't intend to actually use it as an offensive tool. The high radiator is not needed in vs mode. You can easily get away with CM6 or A3. Single player has higher heat values so it shouldn't be used to test it.

What I came up with:

ROCK

ROOK

LAPIN

GEX3000

BLAZER

B1000

COT1550

MQ2

BRM04

BAL4

BAL4

NIGHT

Screens, LE, CIRK, E++

If you play hard mode you should use VIECH. You can even try turn boosters with CIRK removed and use both E++ and VIECH, also applies to normal mode. BRM04 complements BAL4 as a major method of dodging it is to boost directly through it if fired directly. BRM04 forces a different dodging pattern or gives you easy damage. BAL4 horizonatlly dodged often results in hits due to the larger spread area compared to IMU. If you want to go max defense you could throw in STVM legs with AA00 side shields and 707/E arms too.

Another option is to use PRT insides, BAMS287 extension, and CM6 radiator. This helps to control space vs XA2 lights and adds random almost guaranteed damage.

Those changes actually worked very well, thanks! I had no idea how good the B1000 was. Yeah, the blade was kind of rubbish, but this was before my friends and I played tournament rules, so the blade was used when all my ammo was exhausted, but yeah it wasn't very good compared to the T100 or 3443. The anti-missiles I used because of my own inability to dodge most AC2 missiles or use decoys on reaction, I was aware of how well the BRM04 worked with my missiles but I wanted to protect myself from missiles as well, back then anyway.