Defeating Nineball Seraph in AC2:AA

Geist X

I've beaten a lot of bosses in my time. From NES monsters like Dark Queen from Battletoads, to more recent horrors like Night Terror from Soul Calibur III, Alma from Ninja Gaiden, and even that annoying Final Boss from Senkou No Ronde.

But compared to Nineball Seraph, they're a joke. Generally speaking, most bosses compared to AC2:AA Seraph are a joke. Even the original Seraph in ACMoA was no where near as powerful. Maybe offensively, but not with the ridiculous defense.

Seraph is not easy to beat. Unless you can consistently beat Seraph on Hard Mode with a non PLOW AC, you cannot consider Seraph "Easy".

So let's hear how you beat Nineball Seraph. The Weapons you used, the AC design you used, your tactics, normal or hard mode, was it a plus AC, overweight AC? Even if it was pure luck share how you managed to beat the most vicious Boss in AC History.

First time I beat Seraph was on Hard Mode with an Overweight Humanoid AC(fast legs, heavily armored upper body), using the Karasawa. Before I won, I lost 42 straight times with a normal AC. Most of the damage was coming from those missiles before he picked me off with Moonlight. Hurt my pride quite a bit. AI was nothing like MoA. In frustration, I made an overweight, equipped the Karasawa, and just like that I won.

Not be able to enjoy my victory, I went back to the older missions and practiced. I believe it's called the "eliminate intruders" mission, where the Indies pay you to stop the MTs and two ACs show up. I consider killing those two, one of the hardest missions in the game, more so than the triple threat mission.

After beating that mission several times to improve my evasion, I went back to the Lost Field using a normal Quad equipped with x2 Large Rockets.

My strategy consisted of overboosting whenever he fired missiles, and trying to circle him and nail him with Large Rockets. It takes a while, but it does work. The same strategy can work using the light grenade launchers(since not everyone is into Rockets).

I'll admit, the first time I beat him i had to use a full HUMAN+ AC. And even then, it took me the latter half of a YEAR to do it. That's right, 6 months straight constantly starting up the Ps2, going into that damned arena, and losing to this mechanical scumbag over and over. Mind you, this was only my 2nd entry into the series, so I really had no idea how to utilize my AC. I believe it was a hover AC that used orbits and a grenade launcher. It was so hard actually hitting him, but I believe I eventually did it when I scored a lucky blade shot, from a mid powered blade I also equipped incase I ran out of ammo.

I attempted it again a few years later, this time using my current AC philosophy, which was to have a balance of weapons on a midweight biped (machine gun, blade, missiles, cannon, FINAL DESTINATION) and this time I didn't use any human+ whatsoever. The machine gun rounds were used whenever I was trying to dodge his attacks, the cannon was for whenever I could get a lucky shot from behind him, then use my overboost to dodge immediately before he bladed me to death. Without human+ I had to kneel to use it, but in all honestly, it made using the cannon more worth it. You should've seen the times I just BARELY got out of kneeling mode to escape him going MOONLIGHT-Happy on me. Anyway, the missiles were there to do decent damage when he went into his aerial mode, since he displayed a moment of weakness mid-transformation. Finally, the blade was there incase I ran out of ammo and had to spar with him in melee combat. I knew that was suicide, so that's why I planned on combining this with a well timed limiter release so I could at least match him in endurance and speed.

Oddly enough, this time around I beat him in less than 3 tries, after scoring a lucky blade hit, he took too long turning around and I fired a good salvo of missiles to throw at him, sending him down in flames.

Looking back, I guess the Human+ was nothing more than a crutch that held me back. Pretty ironic, but all in all it felt like such a relief that I could beat him.

• 2 weeks later...
The only time I beat Seraph so far, I had been playing for a good 6 hours. I lost like some 20 times, until i got lucky with the 1000 round machine gun, 60% ammo pack, multi-missile interceptors, and the moonlight. I kept blasting at him when ever he charged, and barely made it out alive. I tried again 30 minutes later, and got destroyed.

Funny enough, when I saw this topic a while ago, I decided to play through the entire series again to get a feel for the older ACs.

Now I'm about to face Nineball Seraph with my standard machine gun/blade/missiles with extension/laser blade setup on a midweight biped. No human plus.

Let's hope I beat him. Will report back with results.

I don't fucking remember, it wasn't like a life event or anything, and it was a long time ago. I was like 11 and thought Lord Secret II was a cool name, so I probably did something retarded like a heavy RJ with MG arms. If it's the AC I'm thinking of, though, it had multimissiles. That has to count for something.

Alternatively, heavy RJ with SAWA. And multimissiles. My AA designs tended to follow a theme.

Back in AC1 through MOA but thats counting in H+. Even without it though it was practically great for not using any energy at all. In AC2/AA ehh i wouldnt say broken cuz they nerfed on the blade wave attack damage but energy effiecent when using the blade in combat is a different story. Sure it was heavy and drainy but in combat the thing to me didnt really used that much energy.

• 2 weeks later...

1st Gen Moonlight, Never leave home without it.

---

I cannot beat Nineball with OW plus. I had to remove both my Multi-Missile and the Moonlight. So it was pretty much Karasawa MK II and the standard GL. I can't help it that GL really saves my nads.

I lost several times with my AC fully loaded, then a couple more times after removing the missile, then 5 or less times when I finally decided to remove the moonlight.

If you get him into that little hole part in AC1 you can use MOONLIGHT and jump slash him twice which will instantly kill him.

Never....and i mean NEVER use missiles on him unless it is the large missile but thats just pushing it.

MOA though abuse the large missile launcher on both Nine-Ball and Nine-Ball Seraph.

If you get him into that little hole part in AC1 you can use MOONLIGHT and jump slash him twice which will instantly kill him.

Never....and i mean NEVER use missiles on him unless it is the large missile but thats just pushing it.

MOA though abuse the large missile launcher on both Nine-Ball and Nine-Ball Seraph.

Ah I was referring to Nineball Seraph when I had to drop everything. First game I had no issues with except for being too timid for a decade.