ACU Server Migration Downtime - January 10th, 2012

Harakiri Tiger

SURPRISE DOWNTIME!

Anyway, the reason the site was offline yesterday night from roughly midnight to 4am was due to a server migration that was occuring for all hosted accounts on IPS to upgraded hardware. This means the site should be more responsive, including at night, and generally better all around. I had forgotten that it would be on the 10th and was expecting it to be another week from now. Sorry for the late update on this event. The migration went pretty smoothly for the most part, but a minor encoding error occured at the end which prevented access to any part of the website directly integrated into the forum (most of the site).

Anyway, I figured it would take quite a bit to finish the migration so I went ahead and went to sleep and didn't check back with the site till roughly 6pm. That's why the site was unavailable from 4am to 6pm. Now it's all fixed and everything should be working.

Sorry to worry you gals!

EDIT: It seems like the new servers may be experiencing hiccups, which are causing this recurring super lag. If the site continues to go offline randomly and doesn't load for a while, that would be the servers exploding. Best thing you can do is just wait it out while IPS gets things straight. Somebody probably tripped over a power cord where the server cluster is being housed. It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes for the problems to be fixed in most cases. Unless they get hit by a hurricane. Then it would probably take roughly one to two-thousand sixty-four hours or something in that ballpark.