S-Rank Hard AC4: Help!

mhyug

hi guys me again.ive done countless hours and finally down to these 2 mission left to s-rank in hard mode.l

1st off is the elimination - got a few pointers but still cant just seem to get that final bit to s-rank.closest i got was A.

2nd- this one is insane!!the operation ascend - what a killer tried going up down left and right still i can get past those bi*c*s fermi crap!!man im so pissed.

please provide some guidance on how to tackle these 2 mission.any particular regulations?ac builds and parts.

ive seen the guide by nismojoe for both but cant replicate the result.

Edited by mhyug

Fermis are blade fodder. MOONLIGHT, DRAGONSLAYER, or E305 should all take care of them pretty fast. Just make sure they don't get a laser hit on you, same for the ground lasers.

If you want to use guns, maximize damage rate. Hi lasers and Grenades come to mind, but I don't remember is ammo cost was a big deal on Ascend Operation. You probably just need to try this one a few more times, it's no where near as bad as Elimination.

For Elimination, I guess when I have some time, I could try to S rank it again, then post my AC and the mission report. Sadly I can't record so I can't actually show you what I'm doing.

Fermis are blade fodder. MOONLIGHT, DRAGONSLAYER, or E305 should all take care of them pretty fast. Just make sure they don't get a laser hit on you, same for the ground lasers.

If you want to use guns, maximize damage rate. Hi lasers and Grenades come to mind, but I don't remember is ammo cost was a big deal on Ascend Operation. You probably just need to try this one a few more times, it's no where near as bad as Elimination.

For Elimination, I guess when I have some time, I could try to S rank it again, then post my AC and the mission report. Sadly I can't record so I can't actually show you what I'm doing.

the most i can blade at the fermis are 1, then i just got downed by the missiles wch im not sure how to avoid.in fact in about 5 attempts to blade them i barely can get 1 hit on them.blading is kinda tough for me...should i use manual sighting when blading?how do i blade successfully while on air and moving...(tho the fermis arent that mobile) it seems every time i try to blade and hit the attack, it just overshoots forward and misses the target completely.

btw any other thing i should tune up for the fermis?(based on our pm's Exorcet, ive set ENO full, QB full, and the rest between KP and normal thrust)

ive tried flares they help a bit but some how i got lost and end up way of corse and get downed by the laser.......

Edited by mhyug

This got me S rank on Ascend

12629 AP

~60 shots of CANO

185 seconds

I used a midweight with dual CANOPUS. OB past the cannons and used manual aim to take out the tower fans. When all of those were gone, switched back to the FCS and shot down to the two highest rotor bomber things and focused on the Fermis. Using 2 arm guns let me shoot while inside the tower, making the Fermi missiles less of a threat. They eventually moved away from the opening though, so I had to fly out. By then, two of them were already badly damaged and went down quick. I was also able to fall back into the tower when they fired missiles. I took out the last one the same way. It used about half ammo from each gun.

Elimination is just ridiculous, I could only get an A with the same AC. I even avoided getting hit completely one time, but it wasn't enough. I'm pretty sure that you need to finish the mission in less than 60 seconds for S rank while avoiding all the missiles (2 direct hits is definitely going to put you out of S).

This got me S rank on Ascend

12629 AP

~60 shots of CANO

185 seconds

I used a midweight with dual CANOPUS. OB past the cannons and used manual aim to take out the tower fans. When all of those were gone, switched back to the FCS and shot down to the two highest rotor bomber things and focused on the Fermis. Using 2 arm guns let me shoot while inside the tower, making the Fermi missiles less of a threat. They eventually moved away from the opening though, so I had to fly out. By then, two of them were already badly damaged and went down quick. I was also able to fall back into the tower when they fired missiles. I took out the last one the same way. It used about half ammo from each gun.

Elimination is just ridiculous, I could only get an A with the same AC. I even avoided getting hit completely one time, but it wasn't enough. I'm pretty sure that you need to finish the mission in less than 60 seconds for S rank while avoiding all the missiles (2 direct hits is definitely going to put you out of S).

thx for the info, what regulation you used for the acsend? and how was the tuning?any specific attribute you focused for that mission?

mine is currently:

full on ENO

full for QB(3 of the 4 parameters)

and the remaining pts ive dumped into KP.

Edited by mhyug

I didn't use a purpose built tuning set up, there really wasn't a need.

I had the standard 50 FRS in ENO, and happened to have 50 FRS in EN weapon skill and 50 in Aim precision. That should make you set for this mission. Maybe some vertical boost to make flying in and out of the tower less annoying when you need to deal with the Fermis.

holyyyyyyyyyyy crappppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!!!!ive s ranked operation ascend!!.albeit a bit different just in the weapons i used, thx Exorcet for the tips!.

instead of the canopus i swapped with:

Arm:2 blades(any would do, and if youre overweight single blade would suffice)

Back:2 INSOLENCE

Shoulder:flairs(again any of the 2 available).

as for tuning i just followed what Exorcet posted above. full pts for ENO, EN weapon skill, Aim precision and vertical thrust.the rest of the pts ive divided them into the QB(main, back and side boosters).

it was hard, bloody hard but it worked.i slashed my way up, and once im done with the 4th turbine one quickly started charging the INSOLENCE.and at the very same time the 1st rnd of missiles was fired, just hit the flairs out and as the missiles are being diverted quickly went out and fired at the 1st fermi i was able to get a lock on then just headed back to the hole for a bit of cover and repeated the step, tho my AP did go below 50% by the time i hit the 2nd and 3rd fermis.the trouble with using KP weapons is their charging, i did notice some thing tho, i only charged it about 50%-60% and it still did the enough damage to blow those fermis up.

finished the mission in about 220sec and with AP 16079.

now then for elimination at least this mission isnt that insane tho still hard but not insanely difficult as operation ascend..

Edited by mhyug

Hey Exorcet ive finally nailed the elimination mission!!.

i think i got a rough idea on how to S-Rank it.

These were my stats by end of the mission:

Damage-214(just as you've said earlier, dont let any missiles hit you or even scratch you to be frank.)

Ammo cost - 12110

Time- 66

AC:

Head: Salaf

Arms: LINSTANT/A

Legs: 047AN04

Core: Salaf

FCS: Yelowstone01

Weapon:ER200 x2

Shoulder:Flairs(any available would do)

Generator - Gan01-SS-G

Main Booster - Polaris

Back Booster - BB103-SCHEAT

Side Booster - Holofernes

Over Booster - Judith

FRS:Max out ENO, AIM Precision, remaining pts distribute as fit on Boost(main, side and back boosters), QB (on side, main, back boosters.)

regulation: 1.00

The method:

As soon as the mission starts, start shooting your Laser Rifles, kill the one

in the middle with 3 or 4 shots, takes maybe a second, strafe left or right

and kill the next one, then strafe the other way and kill the third one.

Here's the beautiful part, you don't have to do anything anymore. Just stand a

bit away from the doors in the room, first one then the other later on, and

just shoot the AS Missiles into the room. The don't require any lock-on, they

automatically trace to enemy signatures, even missiles, and do massive damage.

Just shoot through one door till you see no more red blips, then shoot through

the other door.

from Nismojoe's guide

well practically i followed the above quoted but with minor tweaks(the part in bold is what i changed).Instead of missiles i swapped them with flairs.Just proceed on clearing the first area and DONT get hit by the sucky missiles. Once done, at this pt those normals on the other side normally would move towards you slowly and fire missiles.Here's where noticed some change when using flairs, quickly move near to any of the 2 doors and give quick fire of the flairs(once or twice). Now the majority of them were moving towards you faster and only 1, 2 whom are way back in the other room are firing the missiles wch gives you chance to shot the ones advancing down.Just shoot as soon as you get a lock on, then proceed to the next door, once the red dots on the map is down to 1/2 just rush in and gun him down.walla S-Rank.

A bit of speed is required coz i still think you need to keep the time below 70sec tops along with avoiding being hit by the missile.Too bad i dont have a video of it.

Edited by mhyug

Interesting that your time was over 1 minute. Also, the ammo cost seems kind of high, but it was never a stat I kept track of. I wonder if switching regs changed the S rank conditions afterall.

im thinking the sme too when i s ranked it.tho i did notice weapons were heavier in reg above 1.00, maybe same effect with the s rank req.

I've been playing through this game again to create a perfect default settings save file for the Downloads section. I heard about Elimination being glitched a long time ago, but I didn't actually believe it until now. I tried it on Regs 1.00, with dual ER-O200 on a cheapy GA/Tellus frame. I took 6086 damage, had 10720 ammo costs and finished at 74 seconds and got an S-Rank. I was getting much better stats before that, but I kept getting A-Rank.

I remembered that damage costs varies with how expensive your design is, but that doesn't seem to be a big factor in this, either. If it is, there's definitely something else that I'm missing that's bad enough to the point a 0 damage, 10k ammo costs and 61 second run can turn into an A-Rank.