Team ACU [360] (NA)

Harakiri Tiger

Must make a placeholder topic for team members so I can organize the team wings. Team ACU is filling up much faster than I expected. This topic will be fleshed out with text later, for right now it'll just list ACU teams and team members.

Please remember team ACU is free for everyone to join. I just ask that you register on the forums here so I can contact you when I need you to switch teams.

Note that I will probably end up booting a lot of people from the core team and wing teams when it's time to switch. That doesn't mean I booted you out of ACU team, just that I need to move you to a wing team. I will try and message you about the move and the new wing team's name and password immediately on boot. I will not move someone into a team of just two to three people. Any time a team fills up I will break that team roughly in half and make the second half the new wing team. This way there are no teams without enough players.

Also keep in mind, if it says I have "blacklisted" you that just means you were booted from the team. Blacklists are not permanent bans from the team nor do they mean that I said you can't be part of team ACU, haha. It just means I need you to join a wing team. FROM SOFTWARE labeled the boot button as "blacklist" instead like idiots. I really wish they allowed for a team move button that the team leader could use so I could just switch people into a wing directly, but I can't. Anyway, on to the team lists.

Team Name: ACU

Password: niji

Team Title: ACU - Core Team

Team Rank: 1

Team Level: 211

Target Territories: Mining Sector, Urban Area

--------------------------------------------------

Member List

- 01. Niji Tenshiken

- 02. Egoxeno

- 03. K.L. Extent

- 04. Dark Wolf

- 05. Keiran Halcyon

- 06. Gammon

- 07. KING

- 08. Valera

- 09. NyghtWolf

- 10. AD Apotheosis

- 11. Spyke Eolman

- 12. Tyr Miaken

Team Settings & Information

Title: Gathering of Big Birds

Operation Base: Other

Language: English

Play Type: Professional

Post-Destruction Character: Soldier 4

Sortie Text: Mens in Lacus

Comment: Official ACU Team

Pay Apportionment: Pay Costs Equally

Team Color:

- 250 / 075 / 025

- 110 / 095 / 075

- 140 / 125 / 125

- 255 / 145 / 255

EDIT: Player names are listed instead of LIVE accounts or forum accounts.

Hi there, I'm new to AC and V has pulled me in...but until I buy a 2nd copy for my brother to join, I'm all alone and in need of a team.

Like I said I'm very new to V (as is everyone, in some essential aspect) but also new to AC as well. Is it possible I could join the XBOX360 ACU Team?

My Player Name is K.L. Extent, Live ID is l3eyondWithin. That's "Beyond" but the "B" is a lowercase "L" and the number "3" (l3). I know right? >.< Haha.

Thanks for your time and hopefully I will see you on the battlefield soon!

Edited by Extent

Hi there, I'm new to AC and V has pulled me in...but until I buy a 2nd copy for my brother to join, I'm all alone and in need of a team.

Like I said I'm very new to V (as is everyone, in some essential aspect) but also new to AC as well. Is it possible I could join the XBOX360 ACU Team?

My Player Name is K.L. Extent, Live ID is l3eyondWithin. That's "Beyond" but the "B" is a lowercase "L" and the number "3" (l3). I know right? >.< Haha.

Thanks for your time and hopefully I will see you on the battlefield soon!

Hi! Extent please join us! I just joined today too, I didn't ask or anything, so just sign up. Make sure to take note of the password: "niji". I'll see you on later.

The 360 team lists and data has been updated. I'll try and update the actual content in the ACU team topics too, that way people know more about why they're set up like they are and how they work in general.

/b/ and I took some territory last night, but Mining Sector and Urban Area ran out of AI controlled territory while we were invading and then we had to wait for actual invasion matches so we just gave up and beat people up in free matches instead.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying playing on the team. I'll try to be on more often, but I only get home after 11pm central time, so my only online hours are really late at night. Haha.

EDIT: I went ahead and did a few more territory capture missions solo so I could rank up the team.

I've captured two more territories, ranked us up to rank 2, and one of the territories is a 1,000 point one. You can now invade territories via standard mission with 10 stars instead of 7, which means you can earn roughly 17,500 team points per invasion mission now instead of the previous 5,000 or so. This'll allow us to gain team level faster and to access higher level 10,000 point territories before the season resets tomorrow.

The biggest benefit for some of you will be that with a rank 2 team you can access all MT super bosses. I have yet to see any super bosses spawn on the map, so they're probably waiting till the season reset to spawn them and such.

Look forward to having fun breaking the big MT super bosses soon!

EDIT: Please do not change the team information, btw.

It's no problem, hahaha. You should see how often people change on PS3 side just to troll me.

=3

I had no idea you could lose rank. I've never had it happen before. That's a good heads up. I'll try to be on tonight a bit, but it'll probably be super late like 2-5am.

I am ICEFANG, number 13, I am posting because I think we should be able to change the information about the team. You are very rarely on, so it doesn't make much sense that you just change it back (to be fair, we changed it without asking, and you are the leader, hence why I'm 'asking' now). What we had done (Praise the Sun!, Lord of the Mining Sector/Enraged Flock of Immortal Birds, new emblem, new colors) was done all together, we made it together and started becoming a team. Lastly, "Mens in Lacus" is damn ridiculous and, well, dumb. Lacus is described as a Latin for, "hole" or "lake". I do notice that its also a Gundam reference, although I haven't a clue what it means, as a group we decided we liked Praise the Sun!, which meant something to us. I dunno about the "Mens" part, is that intentionally incorrect grammar? Reading it makes my brain shut ouch each time we play another team. We are stuck with, "Gathering of Big Birds", which I dislike, but even if I did like it, we are stuck to it, we should change it, or personalize it, because that's what teams do as we evolve. I also dislike that we are stuck to a somewhat nice color (once again, we had a group color that we had worked on), and I understand that you're the leader, but since most of us are guys, it would seem logical to have us use the Solider One, that I really don't care about though, it really doesn't matter.

You haven't met me before, so I'm sure that I may sound pretty arrogant and bossy, but really I am one of the more active players (which you wouldn't know, you aren't often on, its fine though since you have to manage the other teams too), but I feel like these things really helped make us into a tighter cooler group. I would like your permission to change it. Thanks.

It's not a gundam reference, no. I have no idea why gundam has a character named lacus. It just means Mind in Lake (Brain in a Vat) which is a pretty historic phrase for ACU as a site concerning very old discussions. It's also planned to be added to most of our site skins in the banner. The team colors are based on the sites official logo, which is strongly orange themed. The ACU Hub is the actual ACU logo, hence why it's on the very front page of the site with buttons overlaid onto it. I definitely can't agree with the ACU logo being changed, that would be very nonsensical considering it's supposed to be the official ACU team.

I think I've been on a good few nights for the past week, but my online hours are between 2am and 7am. That is when most of you are sleeping, haha. I don't spend much of that time actually doing PvP or missions though, more of it is spent playing vs a few people I know or AI trying to get used to the 360 controller. It's a major handicap to my play on 360 right now, so I spend a majority of my time trying to get over that hump.

The biggest problem with all of this is that when you're playing under the ACU name you're also representing the site itself, its history, and all of its member base. It's kinda like working for Apple but not wanting to use the Apple logo, the Apple colors, or the Apple slogan. Hahaha. It's a bit awkward and doesn't make too much sense.

With all that said, I can see how you would be rather detached to it all. I don't think I've ever seen you or many of the others in chat or on the forums, so the general attachement to ACU itself will be very weak. I was told by some of our resident 360 players that most 360 players in general don't visit forums much anyway, so it's somewhat understandable. The best I can do is say that you're free to change everything but the logo and colors. The ACU Hub definitely shouldn't be changed as it is the official ACU team, and the colors aren't forced on anyone and aren't something that the team has to use. They're just there to reinforce the idea of ACU. The only thing I can suggest about the colors is to share the custom colors you already came up with with each other and then save the palette.

You are free to change the rest if you like, though. Make sure you tell me what it is so that I can update this topic with that info and fix it if I see someone has modified it to something else.

Telling them to just make their own team would be a bit too unfair to them, though. They can't take their work with them. They have done a vast majority of the work that the 360 ACU team benefits from. They may not be as high as the PS3 team or anything, but basically all the acheivements the 360 team has are due to those guys, haha. Once I have more time to help them with designs and turret layouts and other stuff they'll probably catch up to the PS3 side more, too.

Yah, the PS3 side has been giving me trouble cuz they keep not liking the teams they're assigned to. I think I may have cleaned it up to as many likings as I could, though. I still haven't had a chance to do more than about 10 order missions and 2 story missions on each console, haha. I own just a single AC on the PS3 and two ACs on 360. Pretty silly. Trying to manage work, the site, both teams, and my other interests is more activity than I expected, though not more than I can handle. Things should start to clean up soon, tho.

I'll try to play with you guys some soon, though I don't even get home till 11pm central. I don't see many people online when I'm on, haha. My big issue is that I'm slightly embarassed by how badly I play on the 360 controller, though I'm getting better fast (if you call four hours a night of practice fast). The difference in my control between the two systems is pretty jarring, haha. That's what happens when you don't buy a 360 and play games on it till spring 2012.

You guys should consider stopping by ACU chat, btw. Most of us hang out there and it's a great way to share information between the teams. I'm in chat nearly all evening and all night, just about every day. So always feel free to come hit me up for info on anything in the game, etc.

I have offers to join other teams because I am a good operator and I like to do it. I would rather be a part of ACU, and recently I have been switching back and forth between ACU and KOA to try and merge them (under ACU), which would give us 20 members, as well as another friend. If that isn't dedication to a team....

I like playing with Sky, he and I have been friends for quite a while, so wherever he goes, I'll follow and operate. Sky and I worked and discussed effective defensive structures for each area, and I've saved them, you can assume (as well as give suggestions, for simplicity sake, I prefer if you didn't mess with them) that I will take care of defenses of each area.

Niji, you handled this very professionally, and I am very pleased at this level of compromise. I intend to change the title to "PRAISE THE SUN!" and the team title to "Enraged Flock of Immortal Birds", but like I said, we made that choice the first time, so we will make it again, and let you know, when we know.

I have one more friendly suggestion, we should focus on Abandoned Facility, purely because Mining (which is my favorite map overall), isn't busy enough to keep us busy. Abandoned actually has going ons, so I think it would be better for the 360ers to focus there.

If you want to focus on Abandoned Facility you can. Is there a specific other map the team prefers to attack/defend? I'm personally not a fan of Abandoned Facility/Marine Facility because I play a CQC build that walljumps an immense amount and those maps like to explode under your feet when you do that. Hahaha. I'd prefer if you guys focused on just two territories per season, though. Just update me with whatever it is you want to attack and I can fix up the topic. If you want to change it next season again we can.

Be sure to pick those two territories soon since season reset should happen any time now, you don't want to waste team points on the wrong territories during a new season.

Abandoned Facility does seem to have the highest activity. However, we haven't played on that map enough to know if it's worth dedicating our energy on. I think we should go over all the maps again and try to choose one that has the best balance. That balanced map will probably have the greatest amount of activity in the future. It could be wise to seek it out and preemptively familiarize ourselves with it, before the rest of the teams catch on.

Let's discuss this in game, and ask around these forums too.

Been trying several times today to get a Conquest mission going, but not much luck there- no one was available for us to fight so most of the time was spent waiting. Also, the Pasadena scrambler is extremely painful to get caught in without a strong Jam resist AC (stops you, and drains energy). Should be good for people to practice with.

Hi i just recently heard about ACV, i don't have it yet but I'm getting it soon. I'm also totally new to this game since i haven't played an AC game since last raven on ps2. I have a few questions about 360 AC playing:

1. 360 doesn't seem to be as huge a community as the ps3, how active is it out on 360?

2. As stated above I'm totally noob but willing to learn. I'm also in school however and it does take a lot of my time. What are the days you guys do stuff?

Other than that I do hope to play with many of you soon!