Dark Souls II

Kaleidoscope

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So now the story theories begin.

Is it a sequel, prequel, or set in the same time as the first one?

Are we finally going to hear about the exploits of the Furtive Pygmy?

That dragon had a similar design to Kalameet in terms of the nirvana eye on it's head. Maybe all the questions that were left unanswered as a whole will be brought to the foreground in this one.

Will online not suck?

It looked like he had two swords in one segment, maybe we can possibly disarm and use an enemy's weapon against him CQC style.

Plus what could this mean for a possible AC sequel coming before this generation is up? Not that it's anything to get excited about just the thought of what is FROM planning in general.

I'm getting easy mode vibes off of this. Miyazaki is standing off a bit and playing a supervisory role. I was getting the impression that he was the real genius behind FROM and not Nabeshima who I feel at this point is the George Lucas off FROM.

Not a strong feeling they just give me that vibe you know.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/382757/dark-souls-2-more-approachable-series-creator-steps-aside/

Tomohiro Shibuya and Yui Tanimura appear to be the new guys at the helm.

Shibuya is from CAPCOM and seems to have been a key member of the original Monster Hunter game. Not too bad.

Tanimura is credited in AC2 and AC2AA

Hmmm and with Miyazaki taking a supervisory role.

This could be interesting,

Edited by Ogawa Lou

• 2 weeks later...

I think the most they are going to do in terms of making the game easier are perhaps tweaking the summoning system a bit, streamlining the overall "journey" of the game by giving visual cues in the environment itself, and perhaps giving more depth to how you use a weapon (say on person upgrades a spear that can parry on it's own: one hand, two hand, whatever. And then another person would go and use the same spear to master swings and slashes to wipe out crowds.

One thing that I would like to see to make the game harder for the masses but give more depth to the mechanics would be getting rid of the invincibility of executing a parry or backstab. Which is probably what was shown in the trailer when the knight was attacked by multiple a opponents it looked like he pulled of a parry with both his main and offhand weapons almost simultaneously.

Imagine that, parrying two dudes at once.

Agreed. It would be awesome if the map go into day and night. I don't mind random weather variations either. Like, it would rain on one day, have a windy day on another, and a sunny day the next. Not entirely sure if that has been done before but I'd love to see it on a video game, eventually.

• 4 weeks later...

Orange Soapstone worked perfectly fine, though

True that but they aren't always there plus they are pretty much cheats at least for me, I personally prefer observing my surroundings instead of relying on player hints. Which is what I'm doing now with Demon's Souls for the most part.

• 1 month later...

You can't go by that. A lot of times online retailers will just put 12/31 as a placeholder date for games that don't have a set release date but are slated to come out in that year. I know Amazon does it and I'm pretty sure Gamestop does it too.

EDIT: Fuck you, Wong. I was eating breakfast.

Edited by Ninety

They put last day of the year when you don't have a date announced yet. That usually means it will be 2014, or real late into 2013. Thank god.

EDIT: shit man I didn't see there was a 2nd page with Elton kicking knowledge. Elton ninja'd two people in the same post. What a warlord.

Tanimura is credited in AC2 and AC2AA?

Hmm, considering those were two of my favorite AC games (dat Nineball battle at the end of AA) then this gives me hope.

I also just saw this comment. What a fucking terrible comment. Give you hope for what? That a dark souls game won't suck? This isn't AC. These games are actually crazy good. Both of them.