Names, I'm confused.

exogen

I know I am probably the only guy who has come here and been part of the AC community who has this problem but with everyone changing their names so much I don't know who anyone is. Could Niji make like a evolutionary tree of names that is automatically updated by the site whenever someone makes a new name?

So let's say my name used to be 9ball, and then it was sledgehammer, prior to being Exogen, it would read something like this.

9ball

sledgehammer

Exogen

Maybe if not something that is part of the program of the site it could even be just a topic where people update their posts and identify themselves everytime they make a chance. So my post would look like the above. I know some people around here make jokes when they change their names to fool people or w/e, but once you have had your fun you could post the name in the thread.

This way I can actually know who people are when they adress me and seem to know me but I don't know them. If this is not something that is possible I understand, but I think it would be a good idea not just for me but for people who come to this site that don't know all of the changes of names that go on constantly.

Edited by exogen

Yeah, Display Name History is basically what you're asking for. You just open their page in a new tab and click a button. It's essentially the same thing as opening a topic where everyone posts their names and flipping through the pages of name changes.

Most people just change their names because they're bored of using their old names, though. Not so much for trolling purposes or anything like that. It's the reason most people can only change their name once a year on this board instead of more often like you can on other boards. I hold people to their name change restrictions pretty tightly so that it's harder to become confused if you visit the site regularly.

Anyway, the Display Name History is a lot easier to use and navigate (especially if someone has multiple name changes on their account) than a topic would be.

Reading some of your posts, at least one of the people you've made a comment to about this isn't even someone who has done a bunch of name changes. There's a few other situations you don't seem to be considering here; such as people picking a new name for ACU since day one (meaning they've had it for up to three years), people who lurked (were reading posts, but not making them), and people who are just straight up new members.

It's not like everyone immediately knows who everyone else is.

Just take things from a new approach man. People are who they are in that moment in time.

sledgehammer is a much better name btw, maybe you should roll with it.

Reading some of your posts, at least one of the people you've made a comment to about this isn't even someone who has done a bunch of name changes. There's a few other situations you don't seem to be considering here; such as people picking a new name for ACU since day one (meaning they've had it for up to three years), people who lurked (were reading posts, but not making them), and people who are just straight up new members.

It's not like everyone immediately knows who everyone else is.

I'm talking more specifics though in terms of what the problem I have been having is.

Like people will say to me "hello exo" and then talk about a whole history that we had togather and the whole time I'm trying not to be rude and find out who they are without asking them based on what they said.

Just take things from a new approach man. People are who they are in that moment in time.

lol come on, even I don't think we need to take it to that level. History does matter just as a tool.

But I been doing that already, its just that its been pissing me off cause of those situations I mentioned keep happening.

sledgehammer is a much better name btw, maybe you should roll with it.

I'm not a biter dog, Exo is origional.