The Ravens' Voice - Armored Core Podcast

Greetings, AC fans!

I'm posting to inform you all about The Ravens' Voice, an upcoming weekly podcast solely dedicated to the Armored Core community! As Armored Core series and community veterans, Tearsin and I will be co-hosting the show, engaging topics from across the AC spectrum every week. We will bring you forthright, fresh perspective and insight, delivered by AC fans, for AC fans! To follow the dialogue, come check out our YouTube channel at:

http://www.youtube.c.../RavensVoiceACL

Also, feel free to email the show at:

ravensvoiceacl@gmail.com

Despite being an independent venture, The Ravens' Voice is also associated with an upcoming Armored Core community website, Armored Core Legacy. While still a work in progress, the forums are primed and loaded for pilots to drop by and discuss anything AC related. Just follow the link below:

http://www.armoredcorelegacy.com/forum/

Our first Ravens' Voice show will be posted this Sunday! Drop by and listen on our YouTube channel, and feel free to download a copy of the show from the dedicated forum section on the Armored Core Legacy website.

We'll be looking forward to some feedback from you! Peace.

--+ Z e a l o u s +--

Edited by Zealous

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your site banner is incredibly wide. You should try and keep those under 1280 pixels wide for people on lower resolution monitors (like the one I have at work). Right now, it's stretching the entire site so that I have to scroll side-to-side to read everything.

720px wide is usually a good number to shoot for.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Mr. Stones, TMRaven - big shouts to you, long time no see. Talentless & Ninety, great meeting you guys. Sorry its been a minute since I've been able to pull by again, but I want to get to some of the issues you've all posted here.

Hey Zealous, maybe you can ask Maxi why I was banned when I only registered on ACL, I haven't even posted.

If it makes you feel any better, I see a "banned" notice come up when I head to the forum section of the site...it doesn't vanish until I actually login, haha. As you alluded to, URL issues. I can tell you for a fact that no one registering for that forum is blacklisted, so there aren't any personal attacks here; you can earn that "ranking" by stirring up trouble though. :) This Just to clarify, Tearsin and I are developing content for ACL, but the primary implementation for the forums was done by Cleric and Maxi early on. Due to host and permissions issues, Tearsin and I did not get access to uploading privileges until recently.

Ninety, the banner issue was recognized immediately and its a shame it went live with those dimensions. Its long since been resized and there should not be any further "RAWARNRANFGH IN YOUR FACE!!1one!" banner issues.

How would any of this be better than the vatcast?

I think this line of thought misses the objective here; vatcast and Ravens'Voice don't even focus on the same topics. Tearsin and I began Ravens'Voice to provide a dedicated, straight-up commentary and discussion of Armored Core and its community from a veteran perspective...a platform that neither of us saw in place beforehand. Despite Ravens' Voice and Vatcast sharing common roots as podcasts, we're still unique in our approaches here. If you listen to each show, our differences are evident. You guys are the only AC forum community-localized podcast I've heard of though.

Out of curiosity, have you actually had a chance to listen to Ravens' Voice yet?

This week we're covering topics based off of questions we get mailed to us about ACV, or even last week's topic. Drop us a line if you have a discussion point to bring up. With Verdict Day around the corner, this is as good a time as any to strike up some discussion! This week's show will be up on the 26th at:

https://www.youtube.com/RavensVoiceACL

Yo Zealous, back from the dead!

Play some kai sometime.

Thanks, TM! man, if I went back to LR though I probably wouldn't stop! I loved that title. I ALMOST came by and attended the recent mechaverse event...man, so much nostalgia.

( •_•)  I think a podcast... ( •_•)>⌐■-■ ....about air conditioning... (⌐■_■) ... would be kinda cool. YEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH­H

I so see what you did there. Mad pro.

Peace!

--+ Z e a l o u s +--

Edited by Zealous

Talentless & Ninety, great meeting you guys.

I wasn't comparing your guyses thing to the vatcast. I was bein' a douche for fun.

I did try to give the first podcast a listen. Then it dawned on me that I don't know either of you guys and I don't even like AC that much, certainly not enough to want to hear others talk about it.

This is coming across way more negative than I intended it to. Also, why are comments disabled on the channel?

lol

tbh a ac-dedicated podcast doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, at least if you're into the series anyways. Could be fun!

A lot of it just comes down to how good you are at talking about stuff and how long you plan to talk.

3 hour podcasts about fa would prolly suck

Much appreciated, Nomrah. This a project we're going to actively strive to improve with every entry, so thanks for tuning in.

Ehrmagurd it's Zealous!

Why are the comments disabled on the channel?

Wow, hey Rachis! My biggest regret was not getting to play AC with you until my despised era of AC4 (which I invested very little in); its really a shame you never caught me on kai or during the PS2 days. To answer your (and Talentless's) question, we'd like subscribers/viewers to keep the dialogue going by mailing us or visiting over at our ACL dedicated sub-forum (links to each respective spot are consistently listed in the description of our weekly releases). We frequently check those spots as well as the various AC forums for input, opinion, criticism, etc. We want to make this the best show we can.

Yung, podcast length is something we're always trying to keep a close track of. I gotta agree with you, three hours would be a pretty lofty, if not brutal expectation for the AC listener base. We typically shoot for an hour, but we split the show into parts if we have an extra long segment (like July 19th's show)

Thanks for dropping us a line. Peace!

Edited by Zealous

Hey everyone, just dropping by to give you this week's rundown for the podcast! Scuse' the double post :P We will be talking about Weapon & Part Bannings; when they are needed, and when they don't make sense. We will look back at the history of some of ACs most notorious parts and weapons, and how the AC Community has reacted to them. Drop us a line at ravensvoiceacl@gmail.com, or post up in our dedicated section at http://www.armoredcorelegacy.com.

We will also be responding to emails and posts, and giving out details of how you can win a free copy of Armored Core Verdict Day!

Show will be up on 8/2 at:

https://www.youtube.com/RavensVoiceACL

Thanks and peace out!

He explained that. He prefers people get involved with feedback via emails and their personal website, which as of right now is the first time is has actually been up for me.

Still, youtube comments are a lot more convenient but I guess if they wanted to address someone about their question or comment they'd do it by forum name.

New podcast up. Also I pinned the topic for you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KyzscyZdsoM

EDIT: Btw, you guys should post the podcasts up using the media tags. It's just (media)youtubeURL(/media) but use the [] instead of (). Makes it easier to share the podcasts while you have them up on YT.

I have sent you an email regarding the issue you create by not allowing YouTube comments. I think it's cleared how the majority of Pilots feel about this. You are 4 years too late. Facebook and YouTube dominate the conversation and drive user engagement. Forums are a dying novelty, luring users away from YouTube or Facebook is futile.