AC:VD Game Rating, Review, and General Discussion

Harakiri Tiger

ACU Community Rating for Armored Core: Verdict Day  

11 members have voted

1. 1. On a scale of one to five stars, what would you rate AC:VD? (Read Topic Before Voting)

• 5 Star (Incredible)
    • 4 Star (Good)
    • 3 Star (Average)
    • 2 Star (Bad)
    • 1 Star (Horrible)

The final boss can be farmed for overed weapons to sell as well.

Let me guess. You fired a big load of bullets in Black Glint's direction? Can Black Glint be Tanked (tank; to use a tank-leg AC)?

Looking at the word 'farmed', I have a feeling the boss is easier than portrayed. Last two videos I saw involved someone either using gatling guns or rifles, and involved highly mobile ACs.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess. You fired a big load of bullets in Black Glint's direction? Can Black Glint be Tanked (tank; to use a tank-leg AC)?

Looking at the word 'farmed', I have a feeling the boss is easier than portrayed. Last two videos I saw involved someone either using gatling guns or rifles, and involved highly mobile ACs.

I'd advise not to do this even in co-op, due to it's assault armor style blast in it's first form, stick with a heavyweight if you need extra firepower and it's best not to do the mission alone at all.

So..... Besides me... Who else took the VENDETTA physical blade arms to the glint? First stage I can hit the mofo... 2nd stage it's ACFA all over again... Chasing back pedal dual rifle/ missile spammer into corners and back hoping to keep my UNAC #5 alive to mow down with KE auto cannons and pray for a victory.

Side note. My mid weight vendetta AC hit the 2nd stage glint.... Had that fxcker down to 1,000 AP before I died.... No Gats or rifles or snipers just good old fashioned bitch slapping :D

Farmed is probably a bad term, but once you learn his patterns, he's a bit easier, but still requires an investment to defeat. Hoppy has the right idea, Whatever the case: Bring a friend, preferably in a tank with autocannons. and keep him alive for the first phase.

Edited by Liarbird

There is CG, but it's more realistic to the gameplay; I found myself dissapointed when I see a full CG opening and get lack luster visuals and bland color schemes.

Yeah, I got the game and I really hate the lack of a "true" AC CG opening. That prologue intro sequence with the narrator is CG, but it's hardly what anyone's expecting.

I’m sort of wishing I hadn’t read all the recent posts, I feel really spoiled.

No sir CoD players indeed move forward. Whether or not they go other directions is questionable. Also, what bad people do in Halo is the same thing as what bad people do in just about every other shooter that you would find bad players on. So I'm not sure where you're going with the console fps bashing.

I'm not bashing console FPS's; I have no idea where you're getting that from. The main thing I was getting at is that it's easier to win by staying still in CoD than it is in Halo. Mostly due to the low ttk and the lack of a shield/health.

IOW, bad Halo players can get away with what they do in CoD games, but not the other way around.

In case you haven’t noticed, I bash CoD. I would never bash Halo.

poop _(゚◇゚;)ノ゙

Edited by Py687

Yeesh, I see now why people were having difficulty with that last boss.

Never gonna try to solo him again.

Theres a lot of things you definitely should not try to solo, especially the special missions, one of which is a rematch. one is 6 jumpers, one is six Grey Lotuses, so far.

and one is a partially rebuilt Spirit of Motherwill.

Edit: and by solo, I mean you as the only human, UNACs be damned, they don't count for shit in these missions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwUYIEFhAsY

Edited by Liarbird

Yeesh, I see now why people were having difficulty with that last boss.

Never gonna try to solo him again.

So basically my time soloing Red Exusia with a tank won't count? That sucks. I was hoping to spill some hot lead over his face once I got ACVD.

EDIT: Why didn't they offer a fully rebuilt Spirit o' Motherwill? Lol.

EDIT: More special bosses, apparently. Red Exusia has returned from ACV and better than ever.

Edited by ManintheArmor

I have to admit, I am THOROUGHLY impressed.

I got my ACVD Collector's edition. The artbook is phenomenal, and shows many of the nuances of the mech design without the glare and paintschemes, as well as renders of all the weapons and parts that you find in the game, which I thought was rather interesting. You get to see all the weapons as they are in the shop, not just mounted on your AC. Very useful, especially if drawing fan art.

The music CD only has 7 tracks, but the music by FreQuency is AMAZING. Loving every track so far, not a bad one in the bunch.

Now...the C03 Malicious...it showcases some of the midgame weapons you can get. A HEAT machine gun, fold out shield, plus the really huge sniper cannon that slides through the shoulder. IN game? The thing is awesome, it's like having a miniature sniper cannon without sacrificing a front weapon spot and you don't have to keep aimed-in or kneeled to use it. The weapon arms in general are amazing, they're ridiculously useful and pack a lot of power, even if you have to sacrifice bay weapons and shoulder weapons. The action figure itself isn't like the UCR-10 that came out. It's fully poseable, made out of plastic instead of parts die cast and plastic, most features on the machine move, such as the fingers even as well as the shoulders being able to shift from weapon form mount to normal arm mount for more mobility.

The game is...lol, it's amazing. It's difficult to the point where I can get frustrated if I don't build my AC right for that mission. It's ludicrous. I love it. It harkens me back to Last Raven or AC3...the good ol' days.

And word of warning. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use Overweapons without finishing off the opponent. If you don't finish off the opponent...well..your entire generator is purged and you die. Quick.

Like I mean lightning quick. I found that out the hard way. About five times in a row.

It's bad. lol.

And word of warning. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT use Overweapons without finishing off the opponent. If you don't finish off the opponent...well..your entire generator is purged and you die. Quick.

Oh ok, that happened to me, but I thought it was because I built something horribly wrong. But damn, OW are that punishing now? Wow. Guess I may need to rethink my strategies to S-rank some of these missions.

And the Malicious figure that comes with the collectors edition is great.

Edited by Griffon

It's fantastic. Much better than the UCR-10.

Yeah I found that out the hard way. Tried taking on an AC in the arena with the Giga Cannon...I missed a couple shots.

CP drained.

Then I watched my generator gauge just empty, like what happened in AC2 when you used that special combination. It was murder.

Then I watched my generator gauge just empty, like what happened in AC2 when you used that special combination. It was murder.

Hmm, makes me wonder, if it is like the gen bust after a limiter release, you think the OW penalty might be temporary? May have to test that out tomorrow, though I'm sure someone will beat me to it.

God, I can't believe I didn't see this coming... I just got the game Monday, totally murdering my discretionary spending. I like it, but then I'm biased. I definitely love how we're fighting over a globe instead of a small piece of the world. Have to ask, though, do we have a team or... what?

oh Griffith, I found out today during testing. It does eventually restore itself, but the purge is a while, at least a minute or two, so it's best to get to cover quick or annihilate the enemy fast.

Also, I has collector's edition....:3 Norte Americano.

Have to ask, though, do we have a team or... what?

You have a team, and that team is your friendly mercs that are part of your group and help you out during sorties and such. I believe you can be teamed up with others in your faction, but mostly it's team-based even in a faction.

For sortieing, you have the Faction umbrella, which dictates what you attack or defend, and then you have the merc teams which defend said areas. Joining in on friends and the like.

In order to sortie though, besides being a for-hire merc, you have to join a faction.

Oy, a word to everyone who doesn't have the game yet: I hope you're ready to die from insanely hard superbosses.

I tried to fight one last night with 3 squadmates. We all died befor he even lost 1000 AP. It was terrifying.

I'm lined up with Vagrant Guns myself. They're really active in territory control.