Drac's ACDC: 3-LR Division

Queen Drac Wraith

1st Place: #14

Talk about an entry that sticks out, this is it-- this is a ball. I don't even know what would drive someone as to create something like this. Surely it can't be someone sitting down and going 'I'm going to make a bot that looks like a face.' Whatever twisted method was used to create this gets a big thumbs up in my book. I never thought about the orbit arms as eyes, usually only flower buds. The missile relations as long, comical eyelashes and the hover leg as a big gaping mouth is extremely clever and properly executed for this entry. The paint job overall goes very well with the overall theme of the design as well. It's an idea that's so solid and well thought out overall that I can't find any faults in it. what would really be funny is if the trim color of the legs were painted black to look like mustache or lips, but I take it that's already been tried and didn't work so well.

2nd Place: #7

Yet another themed AC, and a pretty good one at that. Finding good look-a-likes is hard to do in older AC games due to limited paint tools, but I gotta say this one does a pretty damn good job at emulating the classic Megatron aesthetic-- little imagination is needed. The paint is nicely balanced, and the only thing missing is the red interior of the legs. There's also something cool about finding a place to use the starter core and those high shell defense legs, because from my experience they're very hard to make look right in the first place. I think this is the stronger of the two Transformers entries and it gets a 2nd place vote for me.

3rd Place: #10

Choosing which bot would take 3rd place was pretty tough. While I wouldn't say there were too many runaway super strong bots in the 3rd generation section, there were a hell of a lot of above average designs. Ultimately it was the rugged and rudimentary look of this bot that won me over; this bot looks like it's ready to go to war. The paint scheme goes decently well with the overall theme, although I think there might be a place for a copper or brass trim, and maybe even something orangish or greenish to emulate a rustic look. The weapons and extensions look very aggressive and mechanical, and help contribute to the overall aesthetic. If some of the frame parts were more rugged and less sleek like the atlas and cougar2, this entry might have placed within the top 2 for me, because it would have been a very solid and thorough overall idea.

Honorable Mentions: #2, #6, #11 (In no particular order)

As I mentioned previously, #11 is the other Transformers themed entry, but doesn't quite match as well to its intended character that Megatron does. I applaud it for the idea and attempt, but the complexity of the original character makes it a less successful entry than Megatron. Lookalike theme aside, the great paint job and overall boxiness do well on their own in serving the appearance of this bot. #2 has a very subtle but striking paint job to me. There's a great mix of analogous colors to give the appearance of an inner-glow, while blacks are used sparingly to give a ground and more dimensionality to the color. Along with the great paint job is a striking sleek but mechanical looking frame. My only caveat is that it reminds me too much of a quintessential competitive LR bot, but that's only my personal bias. #6 strikes me as something trying a little too hard to match frame and weapon colors, but it still lends to a very uniform and solid looking design. the extensions and back units go nice with the arms, while the core gives it some much needed balance in unison with the stick legs. Any heavier core might've lent to an unfashionably top-heavy look.

gym guy

like, uh, iunno where i start on this one. theres nice continuity everywhere on the ac except for the core and the handgun, which contrast with the whole ac. as a whole, the legs obviously do not match the upper body, although they do match with the overall aesthetic of the design. the paint is too camoflauge, but then again the camo breaks up the colors enough so that the red on the camoflauged parts match well with the red on the weapons, as if to say that 2 patterns were used simultaneously. overall its a really neat ac but god dam does it look like a fucking christmas tree

burning man

the 2 color sets of red work out great with each other, and the weapon choices all look fantastic. theres a nice variety of weapon shapes and they all seem to work well on this ac. griffon matches well with the rifle and micro missiles, while the rifle matches the nymphe2, so it all sort of blends together in a continuous geometrical web or somethin. iunno im thinkin too hard on this shit. my biggest gripe with this ac is that the reds used in the core/arms and the reds used in the head/legs; none of them match with one another. i feel like there could be a tad bit more color continuity between all the frame parts besides the black and white, which is really more of a compliment to the weapons anyways. nice touch on the inverted arm colors.

promise

did they promise this ac would look ugly cuz it does sry man notgonnalie this thing looks pretty bad. nice attempt at going for red/white though i guess. maybe it couldve been better if only certain parts of the ac were camoflauged, but i think what also hurts it a ton is that only the arms and legs want to work with each other in terms of shape and aesthetic; the rest does whatever the fuck it wants, including the weapons.

face of bear

its got a bear face

endbringer

looks like something someone would make for an ac fanfic or something. buckethead is cool notgonnalie, but i dont think it was the optimal head choice for this ac. still looks cool though, since buckethead always looks cool to me. paint is dark and zinaida-looking and the weapons (sans extensions) all work pretty well with the frame parts (his shoulder are already T enough).

r-frost

straight up contrast between red and blue make for a neat looking ac, but the tan puts the ac in this weird position where its not bold enough, even though its supposed to be bold, and its definitely not subtle enough to be subtle. might as well just made the tan into white and slapped an american flag on it tbh. probably looks cool when the flamethrowers are in-use though, since they are color coordinated with the flames they shoot. frame is well constructed and avoids from being too top heavy for those lw legs.

megatron

megatron iz my favorit autobat

guardian mk ii

notgonnalie i didnt even know that back unit existed. this is probably the same designer as the person who made the quad further up, an im jus gonna say that if it didnt work out for the quad its not gonna work out for this tank. the frame is subpar and the weapon colors are all over the place. turquoise gl is pretty ugly and the sawa just isnt the right color. wouldve been far more beneficial to have used separate colors for each weapon and let it be at that. also to me the camo is ugly too. 2-color camo only looks great if its suuuuper contrasty or has a very deep black/white plus a deep secondary color. a third black or blue color in this camo wouldve done wonders for it but as it stands its not where it should be. i know that its all aesthetics based so the shoulders shouldnt matter, but TO ME THEY DO, I MEAN WHO IS GONNA BE ABLE TO USE THOSE THINGS. this tank looks way cooler in AA kinda like how ac3 sawa looks worse than ac2 sawa.

skidmark

reverse weapon positions to make the missile launcher look like a fat shield is a pretty neat concept (that i also tried to do when making an ac but i ultimately decided against it). frame parts work well withone another, and the paint schemes added some nice variety to what would have otherwise been a pretty ugly and stale paintjob. tbh tho i dont like the brown purple and grey, but the fact that each part (especially the arms) has the colors juggled up makes it look kinda neat.

ramulken

i really like the frame part choice on this ac, as everything works nicely with each other while not working too nicely with each other. the head, even though its blocky, has aspects that relate itself to the core, and the core flows well with the arms and legs. paint looks great too. weapons just look like they were put on so the ac could have some weapons though, so i am neutral to that (although i think its a wasted opportunity to put some really great weapons on it)

starscream

y is america da bad guy HAV U EVER THOT OF THAT HUH

pantokrator

its so obscure and fun and cool and weird that i have to give it props. all those jutting cones and cylinders and sticks and things jutting out like a freaky cactus or some shit, with the legs and core acting as a base and the paint scheme complementing the differences in between the 2. green and yellow complement each other nicely, while the turquoise adds a very bold and unique contrast to the whole ac. its a really neat ac although im more inclined to call it an alien plant or something.

safety?first

notgonnalie i made this thing and im pretty ashamed of it. the worst part is that i took a good bit of time and effort to create it and after looking at the submitted ac, i have no idea what was going through my head when i thought "this is acceptable for the acdc." still, its a 10/10 and you should vote for it because SAFETY?FIRST

facebat

its a fucking ms. potato head thats what it is

i voted

1 - 12

2 - 7

3 - 10

and im probably going to change the votes in the near future

Edited by Bakuhatsu Pengin

1st - Design 6

2nd - Design 7

3rd - Design 1

Gym Guy

This bot has my favourite camo paint job of all time (I'm not really a fan usually). I love the fade from green to black, and how it includes the orbit cannons on the back. The use of red is fantastic as well. I find the frame very peculiar, and I honestly don't think it would work without the paint, but with the way it is implemented, everything shows up just right. The weapon selection fits nicely.

Burning Man

Another bot with an extremely well balanced paint job, props on that. The frame parts work very well together. I like the fit of the weapons on the right side, but the ones on the left don't do much for me.

Promise

The frame is okay for the most part, with the head being the only really awkward part for me. The weapon set up doesn't really flow, and the paint is just okay. The blue details don't work at all.

Face of Bear

Everything here works fantastically. The frame includes many of my favourite parts, the weapons fit nicely, and the paint ties it all together seamlessly. If I can fault this bot on anything, it's for being too subtle, but that's not really a fault at all.

Endbringer

Head choice straight up doesn't work for me here, but everything else is great. I like the varied weapons a lot. The paint is simple, but works. Booster choice actually comes into play here with that back shot; I like how much they extend out, but I feel like something matching the GAR extensions in colour might have been better.

R-Frost

Fantastic paint and part balance. Both make the other better, and the details show up very nicely. I really like the way the red and blue are implemented down the middle of everything, and the well executed transition from red to blue on the core. The weapons fit perfectly, with the dual flamethrowers obviously being a huge part of the design.

Megatron

Very simple, and extremely effective. It's a great rendition of Megatron, and there's not much else that needs to be said.

Guardian Mk. II

It gets points for being a tank, but other than that, it's a bit of a hot mess I think. A lot of the parts used are ones that I think flat out look cool...but for different reasons, and not when thrown together like this.

Skidmark

Yeah, I dunno. I like the paint and the weapons. That frame does nothing for me, though. I'm confused.

Ramulken

I'm having a hard time figuring out why I like this as much as I do, so I'm going to stop trying and just enjoy it.

Starscream

The part choices are great, and the paint is great. I just don't think AC parts work as well for Starscream as they do for Megatron. A nice design nonetheless.

Pantokrator

All those prongs between the weapon arms, back units, and head create a pretty cool look. The paint has a great transition between parts, and the parts themselves work nicely together. I especially like the balance with the knee caps and the centre of the core.

Safety?First

It's got a pretty cool industrial look going and gives the impression of barricades and warning signs and girders and hard hats and BIG MACHINES and stuff. It's neat.

facebat

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Edited by Keanushiro

• 2 weeks later...

this category has some strong designs but also some not so strong designs

1: Gym Guy

This is a cool design with a name to go with it. The colors work but could be better. The legs don't match up with the top as well as I would like, but they still work. 7/10

2: Burning Man

This is also a cool looking design. I don't see any glaring flaws with it, but I don't see much that sticks out. The back weapons could be spruced up a bit. 7/10

3: Promise

This design stands out for not being that good. The frame could be better and the paint and weapons aren't the best. It tries to look nice, but fails. It's not flat out ugly, but it's not that good. 4/10

4: Face of Bear

This design is simple and rugged. The weapons are nice except for the HP handgun which doesn't add much to the design. Solid overall. 7/10

5: Endbringer

This is a great design. It's mean and knows it. The frame and paint choice is great though the arm weapons are a little bit lacking. 8/10

6: R-Frost

This is a cool design with a unique paintjob and weapon selection. It meshes to create an aesthetically pleasing design. 8/10

7: Megatron

This is another solid design that is simple and rugged. Solid, but I don't see anything outstanding. 7/10

8: Guardian Mk. II

This tank isn't horrible but it isn't great either. The parts and colors don't match up well. It tries to be cool with little success. 5/10

9: Skidmark

I don't really feel it with this bat. It has some cool parts but the legs looking sort of like RJ just throws me off. 6/10

10: Ramulken

This is a solid design but that head, just ew. Otherwise the design is good with nice weapons and a solid paintjob. 7/10

11: Starscream

This design isn't quite as good as Megatron but is still solid. The paint and simple weapon selection looks nice. 7/10

12: Pantokrator

I really don't see what others see in this design. It's a solid design but I'm more of a heavy quad person. The paint is good, but not fantastic. 7/10

13: Safety?First

This is a nice design to look at, simple and rugged. It could use some tweaking, but otherwise solid. 7/10

14: Facebat

There is a reason I put this design last: it is so good. This design is just so original and funny. This may be the best design in the whole contest. 10/10

1st: 14, Facebat

2nd: 5, Endbringer

3rd: 6, R-Frost

1st place: 12. I bet stu made this one. Only stu could concoct a robot so sexy.

2nd place: 14 Objectively the best thing to come out of an AC game since Artificial Sky. Not giving it first though because fuck objectivity, lolololol.

3rd place: 2. Mythic Dawn Robes the AC. Sleek as fuck.

Honorable mention: 10. Cool, but kind of bland, and the head doesn’t match.

Last place: 8. There is absolutely nothing interesting or appealing about this AC.

Champion Emeritus: 11.