Drac's ACDC: 4-FA Division

Queen Drac Wraith

royal guard

its like if white glint was a quad with a retarded head, this ac is that. the colors are simple and clean so it looks nice, but its too simple for it to have any credibility in an aesthetics acdc.

anthem

what the fuck is this

it looks like something stu would make

rip stu

stnap

the paint on this ac make it look like its on fire. part-wise, its edging a bit close to thermidor. i appreciate the head choice even if its so grossly unrelated to the rest of the ac just because a head part that would be appropriate would make it look way too much like stock alicia.

i am canada

DOES IT BLEED MAPLE SYRUP AND POUTINE? nice subtle woodlandish paint, paired with the part choice, make it look like a robit made out of plants (at least thats how i imagine it). overall the frame works well with itself and the weapons work well to contrast the frame, while matching the head in terms of shape. it also makes it look like some sort of knight or something with a shield and a sword and a helmet plume. shoulda named it sir plant-a-lot or something.

werehoud

wow

so color

much spike

aesthetics

americaglint

AMERICA

mr. america

FUCK YEAH

kizaru

GONNA SAVE THE WORLD AND THE MOTHERFUCKIN DAY YEAH

????????????

looks really neat from a design standpoint because theres so many different contrasting shapes of triangles and squares and cylinders that its really ????????????. the contrasting shapes are color coordinated accordingly with contrasting colors and it makes it look ????????????. its got a nice unique design that i can ????????????.

i voted

1 - 8

2 - 3

3 - 6

and honestly im probably not going to change these votes. overall this section is kinda lackluster and i feel theres a lot of potential that could have been shown but attention was focused elsewhere

Edited by Bakuhatsu Pengin

1st Place: #4

I really love this paint job. It's maybe the most well-thought out and solid coloring of the entire group. It uses at least 4 different colors but still manages to masterfully blend together as a congruent whole. There's also a good use of color temperature too: the warmer lighter brown plays nicely with the colder, darker brown, and there's a very small touch of darker, colder green to give more depth to the lighter, warmer green that makes up most of the ac's color scheme. The overall look of the frame meshes well with an overall feeling of sleek aggressiveness. The weapons are a safe and solid choice, emulating the looks of a shield and sword.

2nd Place: #9

When I first received this AC I was immediately struck by how intimidating, unique, and just straight up bizarre it was from the front view. There's something about incredible bulk of the grenade arms and large missiles on the back that juxtaposes sharply with the sleek and tall core, but there's also a well situated balance of visual weight with the bulky legs as well. The paint scheme in general is straight up unusual as well, but somehow manages to work well enough to compliment the idea of the design rather than hinder it. All these unique features makes it look more like some kind of alien, venomous creature that you wouldn't want to fuck with instead of an ordinary looking AC. It really is an intriguing look.

3rd Place: #2

I think it would be extremely easy to write off this bot, because in reality there's nothing really special or intriguing about it, but it has an overall bulky shape that harshly contrasts with a sleek and almost neon-bright looking paint job that you'd probably sooner see on a thin lightweight design. The result transforms it into something much more alien and organic like than something mechanical. This design breaks a lot of fundamental aesthetic principles in my book, but by that same token it also gets my seal of approval for its sheer weirdness that I just can't help but look it in wonder and curiosity. I think it would be even more interesting if it took some more bizarre weapons-- because acfa has plenty-- and use them instead of the standard mg and rifle that it has, and somehow turn those weapons into something very organic and alien looking as well. I want to see this bot Avatar'd the fuck out.

Honorary mentions: #3, #6 (In no particular order)

#3 is very appealing aesthetically, but at the same time I also feel it tends toward the safer side of things, not being brave enough to venture out of its own design principles. It could do with a little more experimentation. Besides the fact that it comes off as an AI bot (as others have mentioned), it also could use some slight alterations to the paint. Overall I like the warm and fiery aesthetic, but I feel as though it's slightly off balance due to the very solid and sudden nature that the color changes. #6 gets a notice just because of its comical purposes. I'd choose #6 sooner over #7 because it's more of a statement, taking an iconic face of Armored Core and MURIKA'ing the hell out of it.

1st - Design 8

2nd - Design 6

3rd - Design 9

Royal Guard

I feel like this bot has something really important to say. Like, some heavy commentary on society about how we always look for simple answers to complicated questions, or complicated answers to simple questions. It sits low to the ground, bracing for the backlash, then looks us in the eyes and says "Your issues are not so black and white, but I am."

Or maybe whoever made it just likes Oreos, but mostly just the icing. Either way, it's neat, but it doesn't do enough for me in an aesthetics contest.

Anthem

The colour scheme has a good contrast between the low-key primarys and the loud details. The frame parts play off each other nicely, and together form a design that looks solid and gives me a really good impression of its stature. I wish the head stood out a bit more against the ball behind it, but that's a minor complaint. I put this just shy of my top three.

S T N A P

I don't like the purple details on the upper half at all, and the colour combination overall isn't one I'm keen on. The frame looks good, and works well with the weaponry.

I am Canada

This bot gives me a real sense of community and helpfulness, and not just because of the name. The parts look cool and so does the paint. It's a great bot.

Werehound

For me, this bot has the same strengths and issues as S T N A P. All the parts go well together, forming a big pointy bundle, but the paint doesn't do anything for me (even less so than the aforementioned bot).

AmericaGlint

This is what the American robot in Pacific Rim should have looked like. Captain America wants to be a robot so he can look like this. #FREEDOM

Mr. America

This is good too. #FREEDOM

Kizaru

Nailed it. Perfect use of decals and parts combine to portray a great character and form an amazing bot. It's easy to focus on the details in the face and how accurately they portray Borsalino in all his glory, but I think my favourite part might be the execution of the underlying suit and tie.

????????????

So menacing, especially from the front view. I really like the look of the blocky outer portions in combination with the sleekness of the bot down the middle.

Edited by Keanushiro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is 1 of the weaker divisions, but not the weakest. if u couldnt tell, im getting really lazy with these writeups

1: Royal Guard

A solid design, but it doesn't have anything outstanding with it. 7/10

2: Anthem

A pretty nice design with come cool colors and weapons, but again nothing really special about it. 7/10

3: S T N A P

This is a nice design with some nice colors and weapons. 8/10

4: I am Canada

This design is nice but a little bit dull for my tastes. 7/10

5: Werehound

Thins thing went crazy with the spikes, and the colors work but a different shade of purple would probably help. 7/10

6: AmericaGlint

'MURICA. 9/10

7: Mr. America

PATRIOTISM. 9/10

8: Kizaru

Not bad, but I'm not feeling it. 7/10

9: ????????????

I like this design, it's a cool looking quad. 8/10

1st: 6, AmericaGlint

2nd: 7, Mr. America

3rd: 9, ????????????

1st place: 4. I GET IT IT’S LIKE A KNIGHT OR SOMETHING RIGHT. This is really the only decent-looking AC in the contest. Nice paint, cool part combinations.

2nd place: 5. This is what you see when you watch Beast Wars on LSD. The legs randomly don’t match though.

3rd place: 3. I think this is probably a reference I don’t get. Whatever, it still looks cool, even with the crazy lego paint.

Honorable mention: 1. Vanilla. Not even french vanilla, just fucking milk-in-a-bag-with-ice-and-salt-and-shit vanilla.

Last place: 2. Are you serious. Is this even an AC. I could hit random and get a better-looking AC than this.

Champion Emeritus: 8