AC General Sub-Forum

Harakiri Tiger

What do you guys think of me adding a non-generation specific AC discussion forum? Obscure hit onto something with some good potential there for ACOi and I'm perfectly willing to use the idea if you guys like it. I'm not 100% on adding one yet, as I can't think of enough topics that can go under it.

Post about it here if you guys want one or think it would or wouldn't be useful.

I think this would lead to the same issues I'm already seeing between 'General Chat' and 'Other' [Media Discussion] (basically that you've already got everything covered where it needs to be, and a more comprehensive/wide open section is unnecessary).

Are snacks media? Sometimes media feels an awful lot like snacks for the mind, but I don't think it tastes right the other way around.

Edit: THE

Edited by Kevin Lomax

Snacks aren't media, but I won't be performing any major cleanup until March 1st. >Calendar Link

Also, General Chat is for your typical nonsensical topics like the QOTD and Desktop Background threads, whereas the Other forum is for discussions that you wish for others to take more seriously. Of course, this does all have to coincide with what I take more seriously, as well. Haha. Either way, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the idea of an AC General forum.

From time to time I'll continue to put out sub-forum, category, and website ideas for you guys to help me decide on.

Even in light of my previous comment, I think we do need a more suitable place to put this thread and the like. Maybe just subforuming AC General in General Chat or something. Makes it more organized.

I was hoping without an AC General forum, we could avoid threads like that... Now I realize people will just post them wherever the hell they please. They might as well have a proper place.

If you guys can think up enough general posts then I'll add it. I'd say somewhere around 15 would be good.

As it stands right now, I only see enough ideas to maybe make about 3-5 topics in it. Those same 3-5 topics can simply be remade inside of the 5th Generation forum. If a new generation of AC comes out later on, I can simply move the more general topics into the new Generation's sub-forum. Naturally, I prefer to give as many sub-forums a chance as I can think of that will actually have a chance. But. I need to at least be able to envision a single pages worth of topics being in it a few months from now.

Keep coming up with ideas and we can perfect this site. Until then, just post any general AC ideas inside of the 5th Generation forum. It'll help keep eyes on the 5th Generation.