Desert Fox

Desert Fox

I'm sure this isn't very good weapons wise at least, but sticking to the same basic principles...

For missions I grab the heavy plasma rifle and the Moonlight if I'd rather rip and tear like a badass.

Desert Fox

LEFT: OSAGE03

RIGHT: OSAGE03

SHOULDER: BELTCREEK03

SAMPAGUITA

SAMPAGUITA

LARE

LARE

HEAD: SOLUH-HEAD

CORE: SOLUH-CORE

ARMS: SOLUH-ARMS

LEGS: LG-JUDITH

FCS: 063AN05

GEN: SOBRERO

MAIN BOOST: AALIYAH

BACK BOOST: LB-LAHIRE

SIDE BOOST: LB LAHIRE

OB: SOBRERO

Tunes: QB forward, QB side, FCS lock, FCS missile lock, arm maneuverability, Booster vertical, Booster forward

Stabilizers, whatever. Threw a bunch on, no idea what they do.

Edited by Desert Fox

if your EN weapon is only a blade like EB-O700, using LAHIRE arms for very-quick target tracking...or 063 arms for many stats. (but it might be overweight so it maybe make you have to tuned for more load)

also change OB to KB-JUDITH if you didn't use OB that much and it could save your load capacity.

edit : but still LATONA arms is fine.

Edited by Taurus

It's reg 1.2 I just realized. Apparently blades are crazy in it, which I can agree with. Blade range is almost stupid - but it's better than crappy blades at least, if you're only playing missions. It's a bit funny seeing gigantic engines of destruction explode in huge fireballs after you swipe a tiny section of metal.

Don't see much diff in the arms, six of one... I'm also using the Moonlight a lot for fun slicing and dicing in the missions. Grenades are fun with all the little guys getting blown up, but they're small bullets compared to AC3-LR.

Not sure I'd enjoy VS in this style AC game, but the missions are reasonably fun now that I'm getting more used to the controls and have better weapons, parts and boosters. Much more fun than 1P LR at least in actual gameplay. Not liking the locked into paths to unlock all the missions though, where's AC1 game designers? Beat the game then can play all the missions, what's so hard about that?

Shotguns don't seem very good, too little damage and too long to work, and way too much effort to hit in VS. Whereas snipers and rifles seem like they'd dominate. Not sure about the cannons, I'm still trying to figure out if there's any real reason to use arm guns other than old habits.

Tunes I mostly stuck on the generator, QB and FCS.

It's reg 1.2 I just realized. Apparently blades are crazy in it, which I can agree with. Blade range is almost stupid - but it's better than crappy blades at least, if you're only playing missions. It's a bit funny seeing gigantic engines of destruction explode in huge fireballs after you swipe a tiny section of metal.

true, it was fun to do what old gen can't.

Don't see much diff in the arms, six of one... I'm also using the Moonlight a lot for fun slicing and dicing in the missions. Grenades are fun with all the little guys getting blown up, but they're small bullets compared to AC3-LR.

in FA, many blades can kill anyone if you hit someone for the right time. basically first blade for shed out PA and second blade is for kill. btw, if you using quad legs or tank (RIGEL legs) it could be kill someone by just 1 or 2 stab (blading motion of these legs is stabbing)...even not MOONLIGHT.

Not sure I'd enjoy VS in this style AC game, but the missions are reasonably fun now that I'm getting more used to the controls and have better weapons, parts and boosters. Much more fun than 1P LR at least in actual gameplay. Not liking the locked into paths to unlock all the missions though, where's AC1 game designers? Beat the game then can play all the missions, what's so hard about that?
FA had 3 endings by the story. (one of those mission that have 2 paths that I knew is about "Line-Ark", you have to choose between defeat WG or defend Line-Ark) but if you had no idea how to find them, gamefaqs.com might help you.

Shotguns don't seem very good, too little damage and too long to work, and way too much effort to hit in VS. Whereas snipers and rifles seem like they'd dominate. Not sure about the cannons, I'm still trying to figure out if there's any real reason to use arm guns other than old habits.
shotguns is the one of good CQC weapon, it was great when you carried for both shotties, one for shed out PA and then take damage...but yeah, it was lag on firing range. and for cannon, 049ANSC, 051ANSC, PHACT, and ACRUX are good cannons to using with.

Tunes I mostly stuck on the generator, QB and FCS.
always generator output first and you did it right, the rest it's up to you.

Just a quick note, the VS stages this AC would use most are Ancient City and the Highway, (in that order) due to having more cover.

Toyed with having vert shoulder relations, but the relation ammo depth seems too shallow. Also the current setup is almost identical to the AC loadout of weapons from SL-NB, dual shotguns, 1 vert and R24 relations. (LR made the setup hard to use) It's more recognizable with the current loadout.

Somewhere I unlocked bigger shotguns so I put those on. They're heavy but the extra damage is a big plus. Likely really difficult to use against ACs on the fast side. They do punch through PA quick and then rip AP pretty well if you can keep up the offense with full blasts connecting, without getting flattened yourself.

I have no illusions this AC probably isn't competitive, trying to run people down and close to CQ seems likely to be inordinately difficult, (based on matches against a few AI ACs) especially quads, RJs and other lights. Particularly if they're airborne - given how fast I can boost around in this AC, closing to CQ and getting off good shots with the shotguns is likely very difficult. (and unfun, like SL blading) The only saving grace here is the AC may be so hard to hit itself if it can keep to cover. Not sure how that would play out against a good player with rifles - not well I'm guessing.

Changed arms for higher maneuverability and recoil control, and noticed after it was a good call since the shotguns have more recoil than BZs. (seems dumb) Don't know if recoil control matters much anyway, since shotguns normally only get one blast at high speed. Precision also shouldn't matter a ton since shotguns need CQ to be effective. Maneuverability seems to matter a lot though, good for attack from above, if you can get lined up right and a sweet spot close range.

Which HGs are best? I'm more drawn to the highest stun-impact ones, but another one has about 100 more bullet velocity which is probably more important. Neither seem very accurate, (require CQ?) is that normal with light arms?

Core and legs are mainly - stats are ok and they look better than most other light parts. I just won't use parts that look ugly or terrible cosmetic-wise.

Is it worth having an Assault Armor OB? Do people actually use it? I'm thinking it might be a tactic to blast out heavies or tanks PA, then rip with the shotguns directly to AP, since getting hit likely means you're dead anyway in a flimsy AC like this. OB stats are much better on pure OB boosters, but OB seems basically useless except for a few missions where super long OB helps finish quicker.

I probably need a second missile instead of the radar if the AC is to be properly designed for VS (even if not very competitive) but I'm not sure what to go with. Toyed with maybe just adding a second vertical missile, but I have no idea what else would be effective for a light in FA VS. My AC can just run away from missiles fairly easily so I'm not sure if any are that great. The old design principle was 1 vert and relations, and if they ran dry just finish with shotguns (quite reliable) and speed. Here since shotguns feel much harder to use, I can spare the weight for it, 2 can be fired simultaneously and missile ammo depth is shallower due to automatic volleys, it feels like maybe I should have a second missile? I'm open to suggestions.

Changed the FCS too, since I dropped the hangar blade.

Overall designing for VS is probably similar to SL, rifles for reasonable accuracy at mid range or closer, ease of use, good spammability with deep ammo reserves. Toss in some higher accuracy guns like sniper cannons and rail guns, and maybe the odd laser cannon. That's probably the top tier VS weapons in a nutshell.

Edited by Desert Fox

NEMAHA01 had a lot better missile tracking. (BELTCREEK in AC4 was good but not good as it does when using in FA)

if you want to use PA bomb to people, then change generator to LINSTANT/G, SOBRERO gen is bad case for this. (in other words, if you don't want to PA bomb people just swap your OB part to be KB-JUDITH)

other that, it's yours.

1.2 is terrible for pvp straight up

1.3 got better but it still had problems

1.4 is fairly solid but it still has some dominant archetypes in terms of design. its definitely competitive and allows for a lot of niche designs though

each regulation is as big of a jump as going from AC3 to ACNX and the differences between 1.2 and 1.4 are insane.

most of the bad rep for FA came from reg 1.2 and by the time 1.4 fixed stuff, everyones copy of FA was in the trashcan

also like every AC game, offline vs AI and missions is a completely different world from pvp

even within the same regulation, there is a huge gap in metagame between online and offline since online lag makes it very hard to use weapons with a velocity lower than 1000 (offline, you can reliably hit with weapons near the 600 mark)

one thing about cqc is that in 1.2 its pretty much the only way youre going to be able to hit people online, provided you dont even use cqc weapons since they suck. 1.2 is terrible.

mgs, sgs, and other cqc weapons are much more viable in 1.4, but so are mid-range and long-range oriented ACs.

itd be pretty useless to tell you whats good in 1.2 since its so obsolete, but top tier in 1.2 is blades, wheeling01/03, AA, kapteyn, and 063ANAR. and by top tier, i mean theyre like the only usable weapons in online period. you might see gatling cannon or SC here and there, but everything else outside of that list will not hit anything with 1.2 speed/lag.

handguns in all the regulations are trash its not like AA or LR where they actually hit things. hangars in general arent worth the weight and en drain unless you are using a tank since tanks can hangar any weapon

AA is extremely useful in 1.2 but becomes a very niche thing to use in 1.4. OB is the opposite where in 1.2 its redundant because of the speed of the reg and the necessity for good AA OBs, but becomes a good positioning tool in 1.4 provided you use it wisely.

for arm stats, the order of most important stats from highest to lowest is mobility, en control, accuracy, and stabiltiy. en control only matters if youre using en weapons too, since it determines how powerful your arm EN weapons will be.

tune priority is to always max ENO and EN cap, then KP and load cap if you need it. then its QB and normal boost, and after that is to fill whatever else you need. heavier ACs and RJs need turn speed points a lot.

the following is written regarding 1.4 online play

arm stats depend on range

example: for rifles (450-650 distance), 047an > 063an arms

aim precision and good tracking will land far more shots than an extra 200-300 hundred points in mobility

both precision and mobility need to be max tuned regardless, though

osage's ammo and missile speed make it useless against anyone wearing big boy shorts

cqc is weak