Hyper-Aggressive Playstyle

As we all know, LR caters to a defensive playstyle. I want to try and make some builds that lend themselves to being all in your face and wreaking havoc.

Well, what tends to work best with this? I want something designed for this role instead of something with SHADE or RS that can be aggressive. I'm looking more in the specialized direction. So, what stuff caters to aggression and perhaps extreme aggression?

Try Type-A if you are not already when attempting a playstyle such as the one PD posted. Efficient handling for dual firing, better control over your lock box with all the fast paced constant shifts in height and turns you will be performing, also URCHIN inside part is incredibly fun to utilize when you can activate it without switching weapons. I've always been a Type-B guy, but I can't deny Type-A when it comes to running a build like Yaka's using in that vid. Edited by Nomrah

I'm going to be making a switch to Type A controls. It will be a long journey, BUT I WILL PERSEVERE!

I did a quick test with Type A and it seems that tracking is way more sensitive, which I feel will be a big asset once I learn these controls. It will probably help me with energy since my Type B setup has an unmodified right 4 buttons (O is left arm, X is boost, and SQUARE is my main weapon. Yes, that means to dual wield that I have my thumb over X somewhat. It's weird, but it works for me).

ONWARD WITH MY QUEST!!!!

PS: Anyone interested in doing some KAI matches sometime? It's been a while and it'd be nice to play again.

Edited by Queen Drac Wraith

Ya, but that's not really why you use it.

It just literally dick-kicks whatever you hit with it, it's a pretty high level of damage.

iirc, it fires ~12 mines? (I'm probably off, but I'm probably in the ball park), with 580 damage per mine and 7750 attack heat per mine.

So if you get half the mines to land on an up close burst, that's six mines, that becomes 3480 damage, and 46500 attack heat.

And this is an inside part that with a-type controls has no switch to it, it has it's own dedicated button, it's slow with 255 firing interval but it only weighs 242 and drains 75, so it's basically bordering on free damage.

Also negatory on them staying in place, Urchin is pretty goddamn tier in terms of parts, the mines will also damage you if you run into your own mines btw.

If you take a full-on hit from the urchin that you're guaranteed to overheat for at least a couple of seconds. Depending on how pressured you were prior to that and how much energy of your generator you had to use, you could go into opd or you could not.

Well, playing around with stuff and looking at other people's stuff gives me ideas.

OB is really fun to use. I find the /UL more fun to use, but/UL2 seems to work better. Is there a time where /UL is better? What kinds of things can OB be used for besides jousting and maneuvering? I watched the Culver City finals vids between Yaka and PD, so good.

What LW legs are good for aggression? I know of PANTHER, L2, and I've seen VIXEN used on 1 of Niji's designs.

Do quads and CQC go well together? I know Niji has a CQC/Mid-range quad. I was thinking maybe dual GLL for rapid damage and drop for speed boost.

Are there any good CQC combos or perhaps CQC/Mid-range combos that don't make use of PIXIE3?