EN Supply: 2848 (3349)

Max Boost Speed: 441 (499)

Turning Speed: 1323 (1352)

Stability: 5425 (5436)

Cooling: 15084/17464

Def Shell/Energy: 1497/1545

--------------------------------------------------

Description:

Arctic Storm: a cooler name than "Blizzard," with high winds and slow reducing visibility to almost zero. This AC is built for aggressive CQC fighting with OB for massive speed. The VULTURE2 and /UL2 combo allow for lower heat inducing maneuvers and give me more armor and option slots than GULL and /UL. GRIFFON is used as a powerful energy weapon for early game damage to try and get AP lead and to control the match. This AC is almost identical to Yaka's 3 Cherries.

Tactics:

I'm still ironing out the kinks with how I fight with this. The idea is to be aggressive and to bulldog it's way to victory. If AP lead is taken, then use that to set your opponent up for aggressive maneuvers.

Known Issues:

Low AP and fragile. Can't brawl well.

PvP Information:

This AC has done well sometimes, but other times I fall flat on my face with this. If I really focus I can get results with this AC. This is my most fun AC to pilot and my personal favorite.

--------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Niji and I made some nicknames for 3 Cherries. It was fun. I only remember "Threesome Wipeout" and "Ninetoes Mars" (second name explanation: Ninetoes, BL1 character, has 3 balls). Yeah, some of these nicknames are pathetic.

Edited by Queen Drac Wraith

Yeah, I know about PANTHER legs. My reasons for not using them: less AP, load, cooling, speed, turning, and part break resistance. L2 gives me superior speed and handling to assist in aggression. L2, however, has low stability. S4 is there to squeeze as much as I can out of those legs, which is vital since this AC is meant to get into the thick of things. I'll experiment with S2, but S4 makes me feel safer. As for the missiles, I want a quick spam/drop setup to give me an early game speed boost with potential to score a good chunk of damage.

These reasons are pretty much the same as TMRaven's Black Mamba design. That design did help me a lot with this, so they are pretty similar. I was looking at handgun/handgun for left, but a vid of that design had the rifle run out, so I put the R3 on. Poking with rifle/missile is always a nice option.

EDIT: PANTHER/S2 works way better, just tested.

Edited by Queen Drac Wraith

Why u stealing my bots.

Btw /UL2 and Vulture2 is the superior choice if you plan on using this in-close for super aggro play. That's why mine runs V2 and /UL2. Of all the OB cores in LR that go to shit once they hit yellow, /UL is the worst in that regard. Your OB aggression game turns to shit once you hit yellow, as you build up heat very fast. Gull and no Marishi only compound that issue. /UL2 doesn't get affected as much by yellow status. In short it's all about being able to play aggro without suffering from heat that could change your playstyle for the worse and make you apprehensive in-close.

L2 aren't bad lw legs, they're lighter, turn better and break less frequently than Panther, but they do lose in the stability department. I like the way L2 feels more than Panther. S2 is usually better than S4, sometimes in situations like this you use S4 to maximize stability. If you're rocking Panther though you're way better off with S2.

Lightweight legs aren't super bad in LR, Dingo2 definitely doesn't make them obsolete. If the bot is light enough with lightweight legs, the handles are way better than with Dingo2. Dingo2 is king of ground max boost speed though, so if you didn't plan on being really agile and wanted to control range, Dingo2 is usually the better option.

Edited by POSTER X

I'm experimenting with the GRIFFON and really like it. Watching some vids of Yaka play with his LWB have helped some.

My biggest issue with PANTHER is the lack of load. I find that GRIFFON with batteries is way better than something else since I can still spam with it.

For legs, I'm trying out VIXEN. While I lose some speed, I gain many other things (PANTHER stat-wise is only better in AP, weight, and energy drain). I have the second best turning legs in the game (best is a light quad leg that's probably crap), better jumping, better defenses, better stability, and better load. The turning and load are major selling points for me. With PANTHER, I'm unable to use any back weapons with batteries.

With VIXEN, I can mount a missile launcher which works with this tactic: early game poking with NYMPHE and GRIFFON with batteries for support. Drop both once GRIFFON runs out or soon after. GRIFFON/NYMPHE combo should net a good chunk of AP from the opponent. If batteries still have a charge, retain the batteries. With this poke/drop strategy, I gain enough speed to play an aggressive game.

Updated design.

Changes:

Frame completely different.

Left arm weapons and optionals.

Different extensions.

• 2 weeks later...

This AC hasn't brought me the most success, but that's partially due to piloting. The current setup I have is S2//UL2/FG/PANTHER with PIXIE3/GRIFFON w/handgun and URCHIN. It is a good setup, but I'm just not sure it it's the best for me (it can run into ammo issues). DINGO2 legs seem so appealing (more load, more AP, more speed, more turning, less energy drain).

Part of me is considering going back to the drawing board with this thing. The only thing that I'm really set on is an aggressive AC. Anybody got any ideas on perhaps another direction I could go or tips on how to pilot this thing better?

Can't really go in any other direction unless you want something that plays differently. Pixie3/Griffon is the best at the game for being aggressive and getting loads of damage fast. Anything else will be a downgrade or a different concept.

DINGO2 doesn't seem to work for this AC. As for GRIFFON, the biggest issue I have with it is longevity. It doesn't last long and lacks overall damage potential. I'm playing around with this AC and it seems that I can fit a handgun under PIXIE3 (if I really try) in the case of needing more ammo. There's also maybe going to S4/L2 combo again on frame. The handling difference and speed increase is really nice, but of course all my opinions may change upon PvP testing. I want this AC to work so bad.

No disrespect intended if this all sounds harsh.

This AC hasn't brought me the most success, but that's partially due to piloting. The current setup I have is S2//UL2/FG/PANTHER with PIXIE3/GRIFFON w/handgun and URCHIN. It is a good setup, but I'm just not sure it it's the best for me (it can run into ammo issues).

Part of me is considering going back to the drawing board with this thing. The only thing that I'm really set on is an aggressive AC. Anybody got any ideas on perhaps another direction I could go or tips on how to pilot this thing better?

It's due entirely to piloting. Booyaka's bot is more or less perfect for what it does. If you're not getting results, it's just not your style. The one you have posted currently (with vixen and small missiles) is just plain inferior to 3 Cherries, and what you are proposing with hangering a weapon under the p3 is just more of the same.

If you want to make 3 Cherries just make it, changing it will only make it worse; otherwise just make a diff kind of bot altogether.

DINGO2 doesn't seem to work for this AC. As for GRIFFON, the biggest issue I have with it is longevity. It doesn't last long and lacks overall damage potential. I'm playing around with this AC and it seems that I can fit a handgun under PIXIE3 (if I really try) in the case of needing more ammo. There's also maybe going to S4/L2 combo again on frame. The handling difference and speed increase is really nice, but of course all my opinions may change upon PvP testing. I want this AC to work so bad.

d2 is one of the best legs in the game, and it works for almost kind of build. Griffon is easily one of the most reliable weapons in the game. It doesn't lack shit. This all sounds like piloting problems.

I'll give you one bit of info that might help: Booyaka's whole plan with the bot was to take the AP lead using griffon then control the pace and range of the match with his speed while looking for moments to blitz with the p3/69h. Usually these moments are either you gen bust or you got a little too close while he was moving forward and had enough energy to dive into your flank. The batteries were there to either make sure he secures your flank or to let him stay on you extra long for more damage if he already has his lock and is laying pipe. He didn't use the optional for the generator so he could recover extra fast from the gen busts because he had that problem often. The thing about him and that bot is that his timing for the blitz is impeccable and he's second to none with that p3. Luckily, you don't have to be him to get results cuz he made the bot foolproof (intentionally).

If you need any more handles and more ammo than what you already have, you can just make my bot again. I intentionally use P3/R3 with Limpet and L2 legs/FG arms for the handles and the ammo. It serves me well. I wouldn't want to pilot anything heavier or with less ammo. With P3/R3 and handgun under R3, you can almost literally hold buttons and pray. I also have a different mindset with it than Yaka did with his bot tho. I'm not sure which mindset you're after with your bot. Edited by Top Notch Penis

No disrespect intended if this all sounds harsh.

~Stuff and things~

Don't worry about it, it definitely gave me at the least some stuff to consider for this AC. It was also nice to see how Yaka meant for 3 Cherries (now I know what it's called, thanks). As for DINGO2, it just feels wrong for some reason.

As for what I want out of this design: I want an AC built to be very aggressive. I guess my piloting issues are from a combination of lack of experience and perhaps not my style (in AC at least, other things like I like to be aggressive). I want to try and become more aggressive overall with my designs though. One of my new designs (the R2/HP MW, currently named "Shifting Fire", but I'm not sure I want to keep that) seems to work well for me due to it's versatility. I guess maybe go back to the drawing board to make something that works good for me may be the best thing I can do.

So, where to go with this... I still want this AC to be primarily aggressive. Perhaps adding in the option for defensive play may work. Why does that sound like Black Mamba to me... ugh. I'll figure something out with this. So, is OB important for an aggressive design? I'm thinking of maybe going without it. I'll try and figure out something. This design does not make me happy right now despite my plan to make this 1 of fave ACs. Why do I see myself scrapping this thing in the future...

I think maybe you should ask yourself "What is it I like to do as a player?" then work from that base towards your goal, that way even if the end result is someone else's bot you'll at least be able to pilot it (probably)

I think as it stands you're starting too often from someone else's machine and tweaking it to be yours

Maybe you don't like Dingo2 because at the end of the day it still handles like midweight legs, and not lightweight legs.

There are certain aspects to handling (low weight, high turning, good cooling, good stability, good surplus en) that the game can tell you, but there are other aspects that are less obvious. Things like how well does the AC respond to shifting while on the ground, how likely it is to randomly 'hard land,' etc, that contribute to the handles of an AC as well. Bottom line Dingo2, while insanely light and fast, still isn't as responsive as most other LW legs in the game, making it less ideal for aggressive play. It's the go-to leg if you want to control range though, because nothing else in the game matches its max ground boost speed potential.

You should make bots that cater to your specific piloting criteria, and go from there. If you're comfortable with running away, then keep the Dingo2, RS, MV bots. You also seemed to be a natural fit for that lightweight R2/HP and orbit bot as well. That type of bot is very easy to.. ease in to, because it's just so damn easy to pilot.

, but it uses Verts instead of Orbits.

When you have something like

Eye3

UL

Macaque

Dingo2

Vulture2

F73h

Lotus

Hazel

-

RM2

Orbits

-

R2

HP

-

69H

And it goes 540kph on the ground with Vulture2 acceleration after the Orbit drop, it feels very natural to play with it and mix it up from being aggressive or defensive, depending on the situation. RS/MV is the same way.

I think maybe you should go back to basics, make some basic bots, and ask yourself what is it about them you like the best, then naturally progress your designs from there. Ultimately making something worthwhile is all about making design decisions that work best for your particular playstyle. What works best for someone else might not work the best for you. You started that process somewhat when you made a couple of those heavyweights and played me, and then started answering yourself about what needed to be changed.

Edited by Top Notch Penis

Hazel's the second most useful radiator in the game. If you have something running vulture2/lotus without ob and have 14000 cooling or more with hazel, you'll be a-ok on the cooling front. Besides being the lightest radiator in the game and having really low energy drain, its forced cooling is also really good, so on the off-chance that you do go into overheat, it'll cool you down fast without much energy loss.

Usually the top kph of a vulture2/lotus/hazel bot is the exact same as a gull/lotus/ananda bot, but with the added benefit of vulture2 accel compared to gull. But as I said earlier, you usually want something that already has decent cooling and no ob.

Well, I've experimented some more and feel like I have something that may work.

http://i.imgur.com/zt10CvZ.jpg

The idea is a relentless attack, whether it be during aggressive or during defensive play. L2 is used for handling and increased speed. Due to the usage of PHAGE, I can't really find a way to fit in the stability optional part unless I don't use PHAGE, but that could result in energy issues. Testing in PvP will determine if that will be a major issue or not. The game shows landing (ability to absorb impact of landing iirc) and defense (ability to absorb attacks) stability with the overall stability stat seeming to describe more defense stability than landing stability, which means that just maybe landing stability isn't affected. I'm probably wrong though.

The idea is to fire the GRIFFON and purge it quickly and hopefully the missiles as well. NYMPHE/GAR is used with LIMPET for massive missile salvos. The missiles can be used defensively so that this AC isn't limited to CQC which can result in more damage than intended. GRIFFON/missiles will hopefully result in a nice AP lead with aggressive maneuvers to finish the job. The biggest issue I can see with this is no batteries for early game GRIFFON usage, but perhaps piloting can overcome that plus sometimes the nature of PvP matches with position changes and such could provide energy regain time.

I'm thinking this design should work ok except for maybe GRIFFON not synchronizing well with it, but I can just put R3 on it and adjust optionals to have something similar to Black Mamba again except with more fun missiles. Or maybe batteries/69M again but different frame. That concept did seem to work but VIXEN legs aren't that good.

I know I'm not the most aggressive pilot, but I've still gotten some results with some of the variations of this thing. Not many wins (maybe just 1), but I've been able to get something out of it (some close matches, some AP gap closed some, etc), so I'm not completely helpless in the thing. It's also pretty fun to try and use, and I guess now fun is all that really matters. If I don't get notable progress next time, then I guess it really isn't for me, which will make me sad.