Cast a Character for ROTK X

Shirtless Crackhead

Gonna play Romance of the Three Kingdoms 10 aka ROTK X.

Want you guys to throw in some created officers to spice up my games, preferably for your own force(s) to compete with mine or possibly for me to join as a vassal; one of the things that makes ROTK X way better than 11.

Anyhow I'll give you the low-down on what you need to know for making officers.

Name: (First and Last [Family and Given in Chinese terms], 8 characters max for both, 16 overall)

Sex: M/F

Birth: 135-235 (default is 170 since that's the youngest you can be for Scenario #1)

Lifespan: 30-99 (default is obviously 99, I play with Life Extension so nobody old-ages out anyhow)

Father: Anyone who's 14 years older than you, must be born 146 or after.

Mother: Same

Spouse: Anyone of the opposite sex, age is not a factor.

Close Friend: You only get one, best used to group a number of created officers together.

Portrait: Men and Women (There's more I'll talk about below.)

Abilities

LDR - Basically how good you are w/ troops in the field, raising order, moving around, AP in battle, and drilling troops.

WAR - Duels, how hard you are to injure, raising defenses, AP in battle.

INT - Debates, tactics, advising, raising tech.

POL - Diplomacy, raising Farm/Trade.

CHA - Debates, recruiting officers and soldiers,

^

All above can be 1-100.

Fame: (effects base deeds and a bunch of other crap) can be 1-500, default will be 100, Hero skill automatically defaults to 200 at the lowest (below that can't have the skill), if you want your character to be a liege right off the bat, I'll max them @ 500 fame, it'll help them out.

Skills - (there's sub-categories for skills but their pointless default will be Leader, but there's Ordinary, Brave, Wise, Cunning, and Versatile as well)

Farm - You can develop for longer periods of time, it's completely and utterly useless, and actually annoying for lieges.

Trade - You can develop for longer periods of time, it's completely and utterly useless, and actually annoying for lieges.

Tech - You can develop for longer periods of time, it's completely and utterly useless, and actually annoying for lieges.

Repair - You can develop for longer periods of time, it's completely and utterly useless, and actually annoying for lieges.

Order - You can develop for longer periods of time, it's completely and utterly useless, and actually annoying for lieges.

Hire - You recruit troops with better base EXP and Morale, pretty solid.

Drill - You can drill troops above 100 EXP and Morale, although not once they are above 100, pretty solid.

Charge - You can use Charge attacks, pretty good.

Missile - You can use Missile (fire arrow) attacks, awesome.

Unison - You can use Unison attacks, pretty good.

Settle - You get the Settle tactic which lets you cure units of Taunt/Confuse, pretty good.

Rally - Let's you raise rally to your own and adjacent units, dumb.

Surprise - Let's you use a surprise tactic in bad weather at certain ranges, dumb since it almost never succeeds.

Distract - Let's you move past enemy units, pretty good.

Blunder - Chance to cause one enemy unit attack another, great.

Stun - Chance to lower unit AP and basically delay their turn, crap.

Entice - Chance to taunt unit and force them to try and go after you, great.

Confuse - Chance to confuse unit, great.

Aero - You can use Wind (useless) and Weather (ok, but only for getting rid of fog).

Geo - You can use Pit and Boulder, pretty dope.

Maze - Let's you build mazes, dumb and annoying for lieges.

Recover - Duel skill, let's you use 3 evades to recover HP. (All duel skills are good for duels, but otherwise pointless.)

Shout - Duel skill, let's you use 3 slices to recover spirit.

Scare - Duel skill, let's you use 3 slashes to sap spirit.

Parry - Duel skill, let's you use 3 swipes to counter any incoming attacks even specials.

Counter - Duel skill, let's you use 3 sweeps to counter any incoming attacks and lower enemy spirit.

Crush - Duel skill, let's you use 3 stabs to do huge damage.

Maul - Duel skill, let's you use 3 strikes to do huge damage and lower enemy spirit.

Awe - Debate skill, let's you put a DoT token on the board, basically.

Plead - Debate skill, trap card that blocks specials.

Refute - Debate skill, trap card that reverses specials.

Fault - Debate skill, trumps normal tokens and awe, moves the bar a lot.

Argue - Debate skill, trumps normal tokens, awe, and fault, moves the bar a lot.

Incite - Debate skill, trumps normal tokens, awe, fault, and argue, makes your opponent miss 2 turns.

Taunt - Debate skill, trumps everything but trap cards, opponent loses 2 turns, moves the bar a lot. (Same deal as duel skills but for debates.)

Note: You cannot have Refute w/o Plead, Argue w/o Fault, or Taunt w/o Incite. Just something you can't do, so keep that in mind.

Warlord: Gotta have 70 INT, but let's you command allied units (that don't outrank you like lieges), super strong skill.

Hero: Private units cost 0 food, let's you employ officers without orders, let's you debate guards and bandits instead of fighting them.

Admiral: You don't suck on the water.

Spy: Let's you put spies in cities and keep info on them until the spy is found, vs just finding out what a city is up to at the time you survey it.

Host: Let's you host banquets, makes your character automatically love alcohol.

Doctor: Let's you heal officers who are injured, prevents you from getting injured, and you can revive troops in the field.

Wizard: Let's you magic past guards or bandits, and you can use lightning.

Psychology (pick one for each category)

Mindset - Ambitious, Loyal, Spontaneous, Heroic, Selfish

Personality - Timid, Cool, Bold, Reckless

Alcohol - Dislikes, Likes, Loves

Interest - Martial Arts, Collecting, Literature

Desire - Selfless, Average, Greedy

Mysterious JG tutorials

&
(debates then duels, if you wanted to know how that works).

Limitations, I'll set the Stat cap @ ~400-50, but you can go over a bit if you want. Nob if you wanna come up with a couple dudes who are totally maxed, I'll do that and you can run an opposition force, since I feel like that's your bag. Skills I'll let you go up to 24/25 (24 w/ 450 stat cap, 25 w/ 400 stat cap, I guess, but you can basically go to whatever).

Feel free to check out Mysterious JG's let's play on ROTK X if you want to see how the game works. But I'd like to have both a force to put my character and his fam w/ to fight for, versus running a force (cuz it's too ez), and possibly even more so, a force to be the protagonist, since the standard AI sucks, CC's are usually a lot better, and I'll tweak whoever the liege will be to be really good.

There are extra portraits I have unlocked, but I can't find the gallery for the majority of them. There are non-officer portraits, most of which are here. There are also some of the portraits from ROTK 9 (not all of them listed on kongming, and many that are not, from hidden characters) and some from Kessen 3 (which I cannot find any gallery of). If I can stream this, I could do screen caps, but since I run component PS2 on an HD set, it'll look like shit. TM get me some s-vid hookups and send them to me plox.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steven Seagal

Nico Toscani

Mason Storm

John Hatcher

Gino Felino

Casey Ryback

Forrest Taft

Austin Travis

Jack Cole

Jack Taggart

Wesley McClaren

Orin Boyd

Frank Glass

Jonathan Cold

John Seeger

Jack Foster

Marshall Lawson

John Sands

Matt Conlin

Cock Puncher

Shane Daniels

Rogelio Torrez

Paul Weland

Samuel Axel

Paulie Trunks

Elijah Kane

Come up with the stats and shit.

I cut any characters who's names didn't fit 2-3 and the 2-3 dudes with no name or just a first name, since you need first/last for ROTK.

I'll post my characters as I make them for this play-through.

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c120/cm31.jpg

Raor Stones

Male

170 AD

(Relations will be added later.)

Stats

LDR: 100

WAR: 100

INT: 85

POL: 40

CHA: 100

Skills

Hire Drill

Charge Missile Unison Settle Rally Surprise Distract

Blunder Stun Entice Confuse Geo

Recover Shout Scare Parry Counter Crush Maul

Warlord Hero Admiral Host

Psychology

Spontaneous

Cool

Loves

Martial Arts

Average

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c120/cf27.jpg

Sara Stones (my wife)

Female

170 AD

Stats

LDR: 85

WAR: 40

INT: 100

POL: 100

CHA: 100

Skills

Hire Drill

Charge Missile Unison Settle Rally Distract

Blunder Entice Confuse Aero Geo

Awe Plead Refute Fault Argue Incite Taunt

Warlord Hero Admiral Doctor

Psychology

Loyal

Cool

Dislikes

Literature

Average

Nobs force is done.

Steven Seagal 156 AD (so he can father the rest of Seagal's characters)

100 All Stats, 500 Fame

Hire Drill

Charge Missile Unison Settle Distract

Blunder Entice Confuse Aero Geo

All Duel skills

All Debate skills

Warlord Hero Admiral Spy Host Doctor

Spontaneous (subordinate characters are loyal)

Cool

Loves

Collecting

Average

Queen Drake has come up with a good idea for an additional protagonist force by using Nick Cage. I'll probably use the ROTK 9 portraits for that.

Update: Nobforce was cut short by 1 (Elijah Kane got cut). Queensmen will be headed by QDW's OC and Nic Cage incarnations will populate the ranks.

Name: Queen Drake

Sex: Female

Birth: 156

Lifespan: Life Extension

Father: TBD

Mother: TBD

Spouse: NONE

Close Friend: TBD

Portrait: http://kongming.net/...p/c240/cf15.jpg

Abilities

LDR - 99

WAR - 90

INT - 99

POL - 90

CHA - 99

Fame: 500

Skills

Hire

Drill

Charge

Missile

Unison

Settle

Distract

Blunder

Entice

Confuse

Aero

Geo

Maze

Warlord

Hero

Spy

Doctor

Psychology

Mindset - Loyal

Personality - Bold

Alcohol - Dislikes

Interest - Martial Arts

Desire - Selfless

Edited by Queen Drac Wraith

I made some changes for ya.

LDR 99

WAR 89

INT 99

POL 89

CHA 99

Loyal -> Spontaneous

I'm also gonna add a couple skills to your lady. Namely, Admiral and Host; which means I'll swap your Alcohol pref from Dislike to Loves.

^ This doesn't make your character act different btw, it just means their more likely to get a long with more officers. People who dislike alcohol are basically coded to be NEET types who don't socialize, it's an unlisted stat called compatibility and it exists in most ROTK games. There's a list somewhere for one of the games either 7, 8, or 10; but it's rather unimportant, just trust me you want this free buff.

make mine a farmer

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c120/cm56.jpg

Name: Yung Caligula

Sex: M

Birth: 170

Lifespan: 99

Father: No father to my style BITCH

Mother: Pick a fine bitch for me

Spouse: Pick a fine bitch for me just not my mom obv

Close Friend: Whoever just make it the ruler i serve fuck it

Portrait: see above

Abilities

LDR - 80

WAR - 40

INT - 90

POL - 100

CHA - 90

^

Above total 400 that's cap right?

Fame: 500 obv but i'm a man of the people so no liege status

Skills - Wizard Warlord Doctor Taunt man how many of these do I get I just want to be a wizard doctor warlord who fucks ppl up with my mind as a god of farming or w/e

Psychology (pick one for each category)

Mindset - Heroic

Personality - Bold

Alcohol - Loves

Interest - Literature

Desire - Selfless

She's also married to Meng Huo, so you can't marry her.

I can totes make you a wife/mom, trust me bro, I'll hook you up B.

Monica Cruz is mom, and give me the name of that one model you used to have as your avatar, and she'll be waifu material.

Jessica Gomes amirite?

I tweaked your dude for maximum mindfuck.

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c120/cm56.jpg

Yung Caligula

LDR 85

WAR 25

INT 100

POL 100

CHA 90

Fame 500

Hire Drill

Missile Settle Distract

Blunder Entice Confuse Aero Geo Maze

Awe Plead Refute Fault Argue Incite Taunt

Warlord Hero Spy Host Doctor Wizard

Psych is Heroic/Bold/Loves/Lit/Selfless

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c120/cf37.jpg

Monica Cruz (Mom)

156 AD

LDR 75

WAR 25

INT 75

POL 25

CHA 100

Fame 500

Hire

Missile Settle

Entice

Awe Plead Fault Incite

Hero Host

Loyal Cool Loves Collecting Average

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c120/cf13.jpg

Jessica Gomes (Wife)

170 AD

LDR 85

WAR 75

INT 65

POL 55

CHA 99

Fame 200

Hire Drill

Missile Settle Distract

Plead Fault

Hero Admiral Host

Loyal Cool Loves Martial Arts Average

~

Gomes has good War because PD, like Snoop, keeps a bad bitch with him, 7 days out the week.

Also I took Host off Queen Drake and made her non-alcoholic, since nob made a good point to that being the right way to make her.

UPDATE (not that anyone cares)

Might start using this dice roller (since I can do 5 d100 rolls at the same time to get the 5 stats) to make changes/tweeks and extra characters. If you want me to do that, I'll roll 5 d100's 5 times, and take the best of the 5 rolls for each stat.

http://i5.minus.com/jg239CpYXrL5v.png

^ It works like that, so if I rolled that for ur dude, 96 LDR, 88 WAR, 97 INT, 51 POL, 87 CHA (pretty goddamn legit).

QDW lemme know if you want me to just roll stats and pick skills for the Queensmen.

I might do the re-roll for Nobforce, cuz I tested out how strong it'll be in game. And it's ridiculously OP, like nobforce maxes out a big city in about 6 months (which is fucking quick) and steamrolls all the AI. So if I did good stat rolls, and left the skills, nobforce would be still insanely strong, and stats would obviously be good, but you might be able to like get a tactic to succeed or something.

Edited by Top Notch Cock

I buffed your dude anyhow, and I'm likely to buff Gomes and Cruz as well.

I think I'll make ur dude the head of faction Team ACU, so you can take on the Nobforce and the Queensmen. But I'll be working for ya, so you got that in your favor brochacho.

do you my guy i just want to bury these cockroaches

i want gomes to have high INT as well iirc that controls the tactics in battle but iirc CHA tends to help with tactics and training as well so yeah

skimp out on the POL for her tho she is an amazon fuck that bullshit

my guy has a bitch with a knife i dont need WAR and I only need LDR to not embarrass myself

yung sima yi in this BITCH

That's the idea, but I'm thinking of having 3 major factions of created officers.

Team ACU, who's liege will be Yung Caligula.

Nobforce, who's ran by Steven Seagal.

Queensmen, ran by Queen Drake.

I'm gonna try and use the rest of the slots to make officers to buff some of the nearly competitive forces in Rise of Heroes.

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c240/cf13.jpg

Jessica Gomes

170 AD

Married to Yung Caligula

Friends w/ Yung Caligula

LDR 99

WAR 99

INT 80

POL 20

CHA 99

Fame 200

Hire Drill

Charge Missile Unison Settle Distract

Blunder Stun Entice Confuse

Recover Shout Scare Parry Counter Crush Maul

Plead Fault Incite

Warlord Hero Admiral Host

Loyal

Cool

Loves

Martial Arts

Selfless

then we're good

i think making her comparable to like Ma Chao/Lu Bu was what I was thinking but if she's comparable to Guan Yu then hey I'm all in

well aside from POL iirc he's real high in that cuz he's like a top 5 general overall in the series

but me saying it that way u prolly got what i mean, doods are buff as fuck warriors who have high CHA as well but they're useless off a battlefield generally lol

for me yeah sima yi was what i was thinking, not zhuge liang cuz he's more tactics than city building iirc and i wanted city building

also i liked sima yi more in the books tbh

Shit quite literally shits on Ma Chao and Lu Bu.

Ma Chao's stats are-

LDR 89

WAR 96

INT 43

POL 23

CHA 82

He also has 14 skills.

Lu Bu

LDR 95

WAR 100

INT 26

POL 13

CHA 32

12 Skills

Guan Yu is the standard to measure your God's of War up to in ROTK games since he's a gangster.

LDR 96

WAR 97

INT 76

POL 64

CHA 93

20 Skills

http://kongming.net/10/i/p/c240/cf13.jpg

Jessica Gomes

170 AD

Married to Yung Caligula

Friends w/ Yung Caligula

LDR 99

WAR 99

INT 80

POL 20

CHA 99

Fame 200

25 skills

for comparison i quoted that here and wrote out skills by value since the names don't mean shit to me lol

yeah she compares favorably she's not as dope in towns as guan yu but thats fine

good times

In town it breaks down like this.

LDR = Raising Order, Drilling Troops

WAR = Raising Defenses

INT = Raising Technology

POL = Raising Farm and Trade

CHA = Recruiting Soldiers

So more POL doesn't have to mean someone's better in town, it depends on what you need.

Anyone with high LDR is always useful since doing any raising of city stats, lowers city order, so you have to like split 50/50 raising farm/tech/trade/defense w/ raising order or you'll drop city order which can cause riots which cause troop loss and damage, and bandits which can be annoying.

by town i mean farm and trade almost specifically

i never considered training troops town since it only thing it has to do with town is that they protect it

searching/recruiting i don't count as town either altho u could since u do it in town and it doesnt actually relate back to just warfare