Anyone want to talk MOC?

Hey people. Tearsin and I want to dedicate a podcast to the Masters of California & West Coast scene for old school AC tourney play - we were wondering if there were any previous competitors, organizers, hosts, bartenders or bouncers around that would like to sit down for a second and share some experiences? If you're free at all this week, just a drop a line via this thread or by PM.

Thanks and peace out!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bishop, will do ASAP! Thanks for making contact.

Also get Tearsin to find the old ACMM/ACMA vids.

Shit's prolly on VHS tho, fucking back in the day son.

^ Straight up, I was thinking he only got an 8-Track recording at this point. He will be hounded to the end of his days about this. This chapter has been missing from the U.S. tourney base for far too many years, good Lord.

How come you guys don't post regular TRV updates on acu anymore.

Ha, hey TM. Those of you that have followed us are usually pretty swift to catch things at the ACL hub point, so we normally consolidate there. Do I hear demand for more ACU rep. though?

Ha, hey TM. Those of you that have followed us are usually pretty swift to catch things at the ACL hub point, so we normally consolidate there. Do I hear demand for more ACU rep. though?

It'd be good to make some facetime, yeah. Maybe expose yourself to a wider audience, and open yourself up to people who won't be returning to ACL even though they did listen to your podcast from time to time.

No, but I do find it funny that the first time in months you come over here asking for TRV show-stuffing information, it's something that you knew only ACU could provide.

All's I'm saying is maybe it wouldn't hurt if you posted more topics about your podcasts on here so the people who frequent ACU but don't go to ACL could post more insight on the rest of your topics (like the most recent one about the ACDC, the one about the missions of AC, the one about the From Software management change, the tricks of the trade etc.)

Also, while I'm at it: http://armoredcoreun...old-moc-videos/

https://www.youtube....rnandez1/videos

Edited by Top Notch Penis

No, but I do find it funny that the first time in months you come over here asking for TRV show-stuffing information, it's something that you knew only ACU could provide.

All's I'm saying is maybe it wouldn't hurt if you posted more topics about your podcasts on here so the people who frequent ACU but don't go to ACL could post more insight on the rest of your topics (like the most recent one about the ACDC, the one about the missions of AC, the one about the From Software management change, the tricks of the trade etc.)

Also, while I'm at it: http://armoredcoreun...old-moc-videos/

https://www.youtube....rnandez1/videos

I assumed someone would adopt the line of thinking that I'm hopping in to siphon resources. Correction though - ACU is not the only place that can make provisions for this kind of old school topic (a little odd to hear this from you really), but the fan base here is why I consider it the first-rate pick...the dibs should be here IMO. For one thing, you heavily discount Raven's Haven. This isn't a hunt for extra fluff, but rather the heart of the topic - I personally see little point in even doing a podcast about this without information from people who were on the scene. This topic is bigger than us or a singular forum, and should be treated as such.

You and 'Raxis make very fair points about listenership though, much appreciated.

nah I can definitely outdo RH lol

I'm prolly the only person on any forum who can talk about SoCal, for one

and I'm the prolly the only person who can talk about ACO and it's relationship with the WC scene, too

And I think me and Leperman (who is in the Philipines) are the only doods with footage from the MOCs on youtube? Maybe EJRaven has a few somehow

I think that's why owen made the statement he did, cuz I'm prolly the best source for this info there is. I think that you probably didn't know that tho so that is unfair to accuse u of (at least in that regard) but I get where he is coming from

unless I don't lol

You should go to RH too then; get some info from them as well. Whatever helps the show. You should gather as much resources as you can for every one of your shows, that's not the problem. I hope PD can help you as much as possible with as much fruitful information as possible concerning the moc tournaments.

The problem is your guys' negligence on the show's behalf and its lack of representation on acu-- or hell other ac forums for that matter. You guys used to post about the show on here months back, but stopped for whatever reason and continued to keep posting discussion topics about the podcast on acl, plugging acl every time in the beginning of one of your shows (even though Tearsin himself said trv has no affiliation with acl). The discussion topics on ACL are there to promote discussion of that particular week's trv topic, and during the trv shows, your reading of those particular posts and said topics and describing them as 'from the forums' almost makes it seem like you're referring to the acl forums as a collective ac forum in general. It should be more appropriately called 'from the acl forums.'

Again, why can't those same TRV topics be posted on here at acu, or other ac forums as well? Are you guys here to promote Armored Core as a whole or just ACL? Why do we have to go out of our way and head over to acl to see what the latest trv topic is and post our thoughts there rather than on the forum we like to frequent? Were you guys even going to post the link to this particular show on the the acu forums like you do with acl? Probably not.

The only reason why you're hear right now making posts is because you want information that some at acu can provide that you know acl can't, only to further your podcast as far as I'm concerned. Prove me wrong by paying more attention to the rest of the ac community more often so we don't have to go through acl as a middle man between us and trv discussion. Maybe don't post any acvd related topics here because fuck that game, but I see potential missed opportunities when you guys neglected to post the topics concerning the other, broader topics you discussed in the past which I covered in my previous post (missions, specific parts like the sawa, moonlight, tricks of the trade etc.) Hell you probably could have gotten a shit-load of information out of Raor Stones here about the midwest tournaments if you posted the topic about that week's particular trv show here. If not wanting to post trv discussion topics here is an issue of not having the right type of forum layout on acu to properly contain the trv topics, maybe you can talk niji into giving you guys an extra, dedicated subforum.

Zealous you're a cool guy to me man, but a lot of the stuff you, your friend Tearsin and the rest of the ACL staff does is just ass-backwards towards the ac community, and this is another example. Of course you can see why me and maybe a few others here feel this way towards your podcast when you just randomly out-of-the-blue show up after months, asking for moc related information.

TM, you realize that Tearsin/Zealous were either at or running most of the events right?

I think I was at like 2 they weren't at/running.

But fo realz they should keep the peeps in the loop, cuz the whole no-ACL affiliation looks pretty bogus if you only update on ACL.

But don't pull a fucking EJ either, and get info from other places and not give credit, that's pretty faggy.