ROC | HP | WRAITH | WRAITH

Optional Parts:

AMINO | ES | 79L+ | GOLGI | CODON | HISTON| RIBOSE| MARISHI

--------------------------------------------------

Notes:

Cooling 15621

Stability: 6803

Max Boost Speed: 457

I wanted a ROC4 build because ROC 4 is cool.

Ripped from PD's post.

The tunes are pretty random. I had no idea I was doing with it, and got lazy.

As noob pilot, I don't know how to pilot this thing.

Dracy made me post this.

Edited by Mari Churin

You almost always wanna tune heads all defense, because heads usually get +2 defense per tune point, while very minimal returns on weight and cooling. Other frame parts can get you +3, +4 and on rare occasions +5 on certain defense, but usually after a couple tunes to defense any other frame part will grant you only +2, but at the same time will give you larger weight and/or cooling returns than a head will give you.

Cores and Legs will give you the biggest returns to weight. I usually like to tune stuff for weight if they give me 10+ units of weight reduction in return for one tuning point.

the bot looks almost exactly like my roc4 bot, i cant look up my tunes sorry but I can say the bot itself is good

I think I use s4 head and the midweight shell defense arms instead but I don't see any problems with what you're using, ur prolly a lil lighter and faster but a lil less armor and AP, fine either way

i cant give too many recommendations on tunes tbh its one of those things you have to feel out based on how you play, just try to figure out what you prioritize and stuff, like me, I tend to try and hit nearest 50s for defense (ex. if i were at 1585 I would try to get to 1600) and after that I tune for cooling and weight. I'm not too big on armor tunes generally and I think I favor cooling the most because I move a lot.

the bot is strong tho that much im sure of, just remember to keep movinng in on people and stay close, and also try to utilize the ground boosting when you go in to attack cuz closing distance is key with roc4

how about ....S2 | U2 | GIBBON2 | 80S2 (or u wanna tried for 73SSA) for frame? and ROC2 for pulse gun?

That is like... a way inferior bot. Almost every part you listed is a downgrade from what Mari already as.

HOURAI is a pretty strong bot. Fully loaded, this is a 450+ kph 8.5k AP with I want to say 1800/1700 defenses or somewhere close to that (defenses are pretty good either way). With it's AP and defenses, this is 1 of the tougher bots to crack.

An issue I'm seeing with the ROC4 is that you sometimes fire it outside of it's effective range. This isn't a rare occurrence either. Every match we play it seems I see this happen multiple times. This might be me backpedaling because I don't want to brawl with ROC4/handgun, but you need to work on range control. Also, just a general tip: pay attention to the lock on reticule, it'll tell you which weapons are locked on. If you only see a range number on the left side, then your right weapon isn't locked on and vice versa.

This bot needs to be played aggressively. Not hyper-aggressive, but aggressive. ROC4/handgun is a powerful CQC combo and your defenses help you to take hits better than other ACs. Basically, I see your AC as a potent brawler with missiles for longer range and hopefully a great punish with 69M/RM3 salvos.

Don't be afraid to get close to enemies with this AC. ROC4/handgun is something I usually try to avoid brawling against since I may end up tanking more hits than I want to. In 1 of our matches last night with Panzerfaust, I think I had at least 4k AP and before I knew it, I was at like 1.6k IIRC. I won the match, but I was surprised how much damage I took. With Arctic Storm, I can't brawl against you. With my paper thin defense, I can't tank hits.

Now, this AC is a MWB on COUGAR2 and packing some armor with it. Because of this, your handling isn't the best, so I don't suggest trying to get super crazy close. Getting super close is better for ACs with better handling. I found that with Arctic Storm, my best strategy is to get within 50m or so and use my handling to bulldog your lockbox and prevent you from getting hits while I hammer away with PIXIE3/69H. I saved the match where I successfully did this to you and won. Most of the others matches though, you did a good job of keeping enough range between us so that you were able to inflict more damage than I could to you. I need to work on my aggression and make it more coordinated than it currently is.

Also: Panzerfaust's grenade launcher says hello.

damn rite...but that's also too damn boring to me TBH.

edit : ye, I like all of old gen (AC1-LR) cuz there are still having some parts that maybe wouldn't good or great as competitive choices but it works on some situations, sometimes, and maybe useful for someone...and things become to be a kind of fkng-bored stuffs since ACV-VD.

and yes, I'd totally agree for most of competitive parts list of LR stuff, but still, I don't wanna see things too much same or similar from different person, and like I said...."too boring".

edit 2 : even if I said I'm agreed for totally competitiveness parts but I didn't care about it that much.

Edited by Taurus

ROC2 definitely isn't an inferior part, but it does work way differently. It's way more accurate than ROC4 but it's not as damaging up close. Treat ROC4 like a shotgun and ROC2 an energy HP.

Gibbon2 is a pretty neat arm too and can be better than macaque for some very specific cases, but with this bot, you're already fast enough, so macaque is a great choice.