Armaments:

Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

N/A | RM3 | Centaur | Centaur

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

KRSW | Moonlight | N/A | N/A

Optional Parts:

Amino | ES | SS | EC | Codon | 86R+ | N/A | N/A

--------------------------------------------------

As you all should be able to see from one quick glance at this AC, it is overweight, and not competetive legal. There is a reason for this; I'm not using it in any kind of competetion more serious than against me and my three friends. However, the overweight thing is a serious problem that I need to resolve. The problem is that the entire point of this AC is to look, feel, and play like a classic and proper heavy weight AC.

So, I'll start by listing the things I'm absolutely unwilling to compromise on in terms of this ACs performance. First, it might have a heavy weapon on its right arm; it doesn't need to be literally heavy, but it needs to be powerful. I've tried out all the weapons I assumed would work well, the Ogre2, Spirit, BP, KRSW, Fenrir, and the 81G, just to name some of my favorites.

Second, the Longhorn stays. Period. Don't touch my favorite head on a heavy.

Third, the Moonlight stays. One of our groups rules is no dual arm guns; blades and shields are allowed however. Also, I really love the Moonlight. So, it is also going to stay.

Fourth, the Centaurs are my favorite missiles. If possible I would like them to stay, but I will reluctantly consider changing them if it is a necessity to make this AC function properly.

Aside from these restrictions, I am open and willing to take any advice on changing this unit to make it more effective.

So far I prefer to use him similarly to Lurker from Silent Line; a mid range unit who spams missiles and a higher power arm weapon to keep his opponents away from him with their machine guns, handguns and blades. I play him defensively, poking around cover, avoiding my enemies as best I can, and I fire with maximum aggression whenever I get a lock on.

Okay, so that's all been said; post away! Critique as you will!

Haha I hear you. Longhorn's stupid high weight doesn't make it very viable, but it's still a buff head regardless.

With just the sawa, and even with TP boosters, I don't feel as if you need the G84P. Save some weight by going to the G91. Then with the cooler generator, you can take R92 down to Ananda. Not only will you lose some more weight there as well, but you'll get a lot of extra energy surplus which will help offset the 1k or so more output G84P has on G91.

If you're not dead-set on the sawa, you could run with the BP. It hits equally as hard as the sawa ( I guess harder-- it deals the same damage but it actually has impact.) The BP weighs less and is more reliable than the sawa. Unless your opponent is horrible at dodging then you will probably still find yourself needing a hangar under the BP. Something light like 69H or Wraith is more than enough there. If you used BP, then you could get away with TP/Lotus for even further weight-loss, if your energy management skills are good enough. No doubt the sawa has more style points though.

Longhorn, UA and Lemur all tune really well for weight because they tune pretty poorly for defense. With the UA, you can get good returns out of 3-4 energy defense, then the rest could either go to weight/cooling. Lemur tunes horribly for defense, so you almost always want to put 9 weight tunes into it, then the last one either into cooling or aim.

Longhorn is so heavy and gets virtually no returns out of shell defense tunes, so you could put most of the tunes for it into weight and cooling.

FA actually tunes very well for defense and cooling, so I'd put most of the tunes into those. Tune for defense until you stop getting returns of 4-3. Once you start getting returns of 2 or less then put the tunes into cooling or weight-- or max leg weight if you find yourself needing it.

G91 can be tuned 9 output and 1 capacity. The last output tune for G91 gives you almost no returns, so put it into capacity.

Ananda 10 cooling always.

And also, if you aren't extremely deadset on the Moonlight (it appears you are) you can switch it out for a shield and run S3 legs instead of FA legs. Your AC will be more like a heavyweight when it comes to AP and defense, but you probably won't be able to carry Centaurs+RM3 and a sawa.

Edited by Top Notch Penis

Oh and use Monju instead of Miroku. Miroku is godly for single wield standard weapons, but is horrible for anything else. Monju is great for single wield special, especially when you have missiles on the back because it locks on slightly faster with missiles than miroku.

Thanks for the tips. I've made the changes and done a couple of tests; the unit performs considerably better in the speed department with zero changes in anything else. I'm a fan!

The biggest thing I'm now juggling is KRSW vs BP. On the one hand, BP is completely superior without the energy optional parts. With them though, I'm not quite sure. The KRSW seems to have better damage racing potential with them due to a higher fire rate, but then that was on the test AC so its hardly a good comparison.

Does anyone know how much the optional parts change the KRSWs performance? Is it a percentage boost or a flat number increase?

The Golgi is the one that adds energy weapon attack power right? It boosts all damage done by energy weapons done by a flat 7.5%.

In other words, if you use up all your sawa shots in a round and hit somebody with a respectable 30% accuracy-- 12 shots, and each shots does 450hp without the golgi, that's 5400ap. With golgi you deal 5800ap.

It's actually not worth the 3 slots if energy weapons aren't your main form of damage, but if energy is your main form of damage and/or you have lots of extra optional slots to spare, then you should use it.

BP vs Sawa with Golgi should produce almost exactly the same damage if your opponent has average defenses. The difference is-- as you say-- the better reload of the sawa, which can be beneficial in piling on the damage fast when you get good angles. More often than not you'll be biding your time and looking for the perfect situation to fire the sawa though, because it doesn't track the best, and you need to doctor its usage in a sense. The BP tracks a bit better, weighs less and won't eat your energy up. Overall it's just a way better weapon, and is one of the top 7-10 best weapons in last raven in general.

Spirit has horrible tracking, plus slower velocity and a thinner projectile than the sawa. It's not a competitively viable weapon in my opinion. It's cool to use, but Sawa is just way better because it's way more accurate. Both the sawa and spirit will not compare to the BP, BP is one of the most dominant weapons in the game. The only heavy energy weapon I can think of that's around the same tier as the BP is the Hollow. Edited by Top Notch Penis

It is yes, but it also has like 2.5x the ammo, which is a really good deal. More often than not you'll find Shade to be a safer and less restrictive option than the Hollow, but the Hollow is a good bit more accurate compared to the shade thanks to higher shot velocity and thicker projectiles. Both the Shade and Hollow have around the same tracking.

This tool would probably be really good for you:

http://i.imgur.com/IBZUKHO.png

bp is a top 5 gun, if ur talking overall ur usually better off with bp > ksaw

i like ksaw more personally but bp is easier to use and generally better

it is what it is

hollow is a completely diff gun but its cool

think of it like an energy machine gun that might help when ur using it

I've been using that actually! It's really helpful. I had no idea that the Griffon and RS were so high tier. I'll be trying the Hollow out against the AI for a bit. It'll probably surprise my friends when I pull it out against them.

Yes the RS and Griffon are some of the most accurate guns in the game-- top 3-4 in accuracy easily.

I've taken yalls advice, and finally completed Titan; I am comfortable with his performance, and have decided that he will do just fine for what he needs to do. I reluctantly submit that he was just too darn heavy, and have as such changed some parts up.

--------------------------------------------------

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

Longhorn | U2 | Lemur | FA(Heavy Biped)

10/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0 | 10/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/10

Internals:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

TP | Monju | G91 | Annanda

0/0/10/0 | N/A | 0/11/0 | 0/0/10

Armaments:

Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

N/A | RM2 | 3mv | N/A

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

KRSW | Moonlight | Roc4 | N/A

Optional Parts:

Amino | ES | EC | Codon | Golgi | Histon | N/A | N/A

I reluctantly dropped my beloved Centaurs after repeatedly failing to take down Evangel, Zinaida, and Daemon in the Free Arena. If I can't take on AI controlled ACs who are aggressive, than my chances against players are almost nill. Reducing my weight through dropping to the U2, and the heavier missiles have granted me a considerable enough boost to my speed to make it so I can fight back.

The Roc4 was a beautiful choice for hanger; I had never used it before because I would just use the Shade if I wanted an energy weapon, or HP if I wanted a hanger. But in conjunction with the KRSW, Golgi and Histon, I realized just how magnicent this weapon could be. I have only modest regrets when it comes to these changes; I just don't feel like a true heavy anymore. Still, these changes needed to be made, and as such, I have made them.

I do now have a question regarding conduct on these forums; if I want to sibmit another AC for critique, is it acceptable to make a whole new topic, or should I just post the AC here?

Here is fine too.

I can't really agree about using U2 instead of UA. UA is like the single best frame-part in the game if you are allowed to use hangars with it. If you want to cut weight, you should do it elsewhere. Of Longhorn, UA, Lemur and FA, the Longhorn and FA are your weakest parts. I know you want to keep Longhorn really badly, so perhaps switching FA out for Cougar2. If yall don't care about the best arms in the game, then you could go with Lemur2 as well.

I'd go something like this:

Longhorn

UA

Lemur2

Cougar2

TP

Monju

G91

Ananda

-

RM3

MV

-

KRSW

Moonlight

ROC4

-

Here's an alternate frame:

Longhorn

UA

Loris

S3

The U2 was taken on to accomodate the Golgi and the Histon; the extra optional slot really helps in that area. I'm insisting on a fairly heavy frame, with heavy legs, because its extremely so out of my comfort zone. I normally play highly mobile ACs with plenty of evasion; something that my heavy currently and intentionally lacks.

Although we have no ban on any parts, I've come to realize just how absolutely broken the Lemur2 and Loris are, and you can garuntee I'll be introducing the concept of banning certain parts when we play next.

I'll test out RM3 with the missiles. If it works, I'll probably switch back to UA, provided I can fit the weight. I've currently been hypothesizing that they'd just be an indirect offense method, hardly intended to actually kill stuff, but more so to soften my foes up so my sawa can finish them.

Why are dual H3s banned exactly? Aside from their massive ammo supply, they seem to be pretty average when it comes to handguns. Of course, I've never played competetive pvp, so maybe they're actually super competetive. I dunno.

owen prolly was against u2 cuz u4 is better

h3 is banned cuz of the heat and ammo count and weight

rm3 is bscly the most powerful missiles in the game hahaha, and the single shoulder verts are the most foolproof ones in the game, bscly together that's the easiest to use and most effective missile set in the game

ur right to want golgi and histon tho those are important for ksaw