Jierdan's AC topic

Jierdan Kain

Hello members of ACU! I found such assistance in my last topic that I've been persuaded to create one great big topic for all of my ACLR building needs! I'll be using this topic to build ACs which I will use in a fanfiction I am writing, and sometimes for friendly PVP with some friends of mine. Each AC I post will have criteria to go with it; I hope to use a lot of less than badass parts in some of these builds. So, without further time wasting, lets move on to the actual building!

AC Name: Fallen Star

AC Game: Last Raven

--------------------------------------------------

Frame:

Head | Core | Arms | Legs

Drone | U2 | Lemur2 | Cougar2

0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0 | 0/0/0/0/0

Internals:

Booster | FCS | Generator | Radiator

TP | F73H | G91 | Annanda

0/0/0/0 | N/A | 0/0/0 | 0/0/0

Armaments:

Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

N/A | RM2 | Kinarra | LGL

R Arm | L Arm | R Hanger | L Hanger

Shade Nix | HP | HP

Optional Parts:

Amino | ES | SS | Codon | 79L+ | Golgi | N/A | N/A

This AC is to be used in my fanfiction, and is intended to actually represent the games main antagonist, and final obstacle for the protagonist. He is one of two pilots in this story who are human plus, with the other being the protagonist. Because of his role, I want nothing less than a top tier, completely over powered AC capable of taking down multiple high ranking, highly skilled Ravens on his own.

Fallen Star is, in this fanfiction, a mid weight AC that is brutally effective at all ranges. It should possess reasonable speed and defense as well, but not be top tier in any of these areas. It is the versatlity of this plus pilot that makes him so powerful, not his specialization in any one particular area.

The AC above is what he currently pilots, and I felt I did a good job with balance. The shade cuts through shell defense heavy ACs, while the LGL is the best weapon in this game(or so I've heard). The Kinarra missiles are mostly preference; I'm sure there are better choices. The RM2 bridges the gap between ammo capacity and weight. The RM3 is liable to replace this part as soon as I can shed 150 LBs of this AC. The Nix I'm not sure about aside from its efficiency against AI units and my friends. The HPs are the HPs.

Frame selection is pretty top tier I think; the Lemur2 are the best arms for an AC who isn't using a blade, while the U2 has my personal preference for balance of weight, armor and AP. The UA is probably superior, but I can't fit all my optional parts on that beastly part, so I'm forced to weigh my options. The Drone is excellent, but also asthetically badass; I hate the Eye3 asthetically, and have yet to find a compelling argument to use it over the Drone. The Cougar2 is somewhere between the S3 and the Dingo2, packing more armor and AP than the Dingo2, and less weight and drain than the S3.

The TP boosters are broken as hell, and are almost assured to stay. They were banned for a reason! The G91 and Annanda are basically place holder parts; I've been told that plus ACs should use the lightest generator and radiatior possible, since their exceptional cheating skills negate any bonuses the heavier parts would provide. The FCS are best for dual wielding, or so I've been told.

The optional parts may need work. I figure the defensive parts are a must have, as was the Codon and SS, but I'm not sure. I'm least certain about the Golgi, and the role it may offer this unit. 7.5% extra damage may not be worth much... But then again, without EC and Marishi, I might as well max the damage of the right arm...

Thoughts? Concerns? Critiques?

Edited by Jierdan Kain

I can't really comment about the fanfic side of things.

As far as the general effectiveness of parts, I'd say it's extremely hard to find a compelling reason to not use the Eye3. Aesthetics aside, Eye3 is overall the best head in the game. You won't get the same defense per speed out of any other head in the game. Drone has slightly inferior defense and will set you back about 7-10kph in comparison to the Eye3. What Drone excels in is not being able to break easily, and so it's a good choice for tanks who often get pegged from the air a lot.

You can easily get away with UA, because you don't entirely need SS with Cougar2 legs.

Sylph is the best left arm machine gun in the game. For whatever reason it has higher projectile velocity on the left arm than the right arm. Not only is it the most accurate left arm machine gun, but it isn't crippled by mag reload time like the Nix, and is more damaging to boot while weight less.

Yeah with plus you can probably get away with Lotus and Hazel. If not, then you can easily do G91/Hazel. Plus doesn't let you overheat at all.

I have no experience with pvp and using plus. LGL is a great weapon on tanks so it's probably amazing on plus bipeds. I would think other parts like Lamia2 and 98G would be especially good as well.

honestly bro when it comes to fanfic just remember you can take all kinds of liberties on how bots work

also you dont have to sweat certain details

just use the games parts and mechanics as a starting point, thats what I did with mine (altho one of mine is a parody one)

its good to understand the game a bit but yeah man...you don't need to know too much even about the builds

I'll be taking tons of liberties to be sure. A single missile barrage for example will be enough to outright destroy ACs if enough of them hit for example, something we do not see in game. A shoulder mounted grenade launcher should be inflicting massive structural damage on an AC, not just stunning them for a moment or two. Blades should be slicing off arms, weapons, and on lighter, less armored ACs, just insta-gibbing them.

At the same time, I want the story to make some sense. If the most dangerous pilot in the game was using the Rasetsu on their right arm and the Silky on their left, with dual radars on his back, it would be silly; no one, no matter how skilled, is going to kill a human pilot with a parry blade, except for maybe a tank without OB. I've read some fics about missile boats who just have field days, and don't struggle at all, with the author completely ignoring that decoys and ECM makers exist.

As for parts I'll experiment with the ones suggested above, though I'm also confident that this AC is sufficient. And yes; the LGL on a biped is broken. Think of Evangel using it, only in conjunction with the H3 or HP, while actually dodging his opponents shots. It is completely broken with the combination of stun and heat it inflicts, with decent per shot damage and part breaking power.

Oh wait, this is an H+ bot?

Oh, I've got this jive turkeys.

Don't worry about head radar, the H+ radar is legit. Just rock S2 alone for low weight+high AP/Defense. U2 is fine, but try and squeeze UA if you cane, when it's all said and done. Arms are generally a toss up, although I'd suggest Loris which are way lighter. The combo of UA+Loris should give you better AP/Defense than U2+Lemur2. Legs are fine if that's what you want, but S3 are probably the best H+ legs since mw handles + tons of defense, Dingo2 obviously get a nod as well.

TP boosters are core on all H+ bots, you can just as well go any Gen you're not really going to have energy problems unless you want to use laser spread arms or something like that. I go Lotus cuz it's the lightest generator, and I use the default radiator; against cuz it's the lightest.

FCS is dead on for cannon+dual hand weapon work. Missiles are kind of a tossup, I know micro missiles are the ez way of beating that last mission in LR but their not so hot vs ppl, Nymphe+RM3 is generally the best missile combo for the weight, but you can honestly just go w/ cannons. GL+LGL is pretty legit, but missiles offer the same sort of punch tbh, just not as reliable.

Shade is pretty solid, but you have an LGL so it's not like you have ammo concerns, I would rock 98L (mini sawa) or maybe the Hollow if you can fit it, since their much more accurate. NIX is doo doo, just put an HP on the left hand or any other WS handgun. If you use this in campaign/missions I would sling a blade on it, good way to kill mt's.

Optionals are fine, probably slap Histon in there, oh and tune everything for weight. Not weight capacity, just tune for weight, makes everything faster. You don't need cooling at all, or energy.

My precious Nix... I feel awful for having traded it away, but it took me like 2 minutes to agree that the HP just shits all over it. I'm half tempted to just pretend its awesome for the sake of my writing, or that Mirage made a Nix2 which was epic or something.

The 98L just doesn't agree with me though. I've been using it a lot lately on friends, family, AI, and anyone I can get my lockbox over. Thus far, I'm underwhelmed. Like so completely not feeling the hype of this weapon. I feel like this thing is just not good for anything short of highly competetive gameplay, and even then I feel like I'd be better off with the Shade. Its fire rate is exceptional, and its shot is the coolest of any weapon in LR, and because of these things I will definitely concede to its awesomeness. But aside from that, Shade just feels better.

I'll try out the frame parts you mentioned. I'm so used to using Drone, Queen and Eye3(cause I love my head radar!) that I forgot other heads even existed. I never really considered S3 aside from just how cool the legs look. Ultimately I suppose actual performance will be irrelevant, since this AC won't ever see use outside of in my mind. Still, all advice will be considered and tried out.

Thanks for the posts guys and gals!

hey man, if your not feeling it your not feeling it; no shame in that

shit happens sometimes ppl just aren't comfortable using certain weapons regardless of whether its top notch or not

yeah nix is trash the gun not the dood, he's a good dood

its ur fanfic tho man if u want it to be good, just assume it is fk it

personally i think the one thing im most comfortable taking artistic liberties on is the accuracies of guns

like l arm grenade rifles for example, i think if i were wanting to use one in a fanfic id assume they were more accurate just so there'd be a reason to rock them

Also, you can totally do H+ in LR, you just need a codebreaker or something.

You can even Kai with it, it just doesn't store on the save file like it did in NX and NB.

EDIT: If you want to do it on Kai however, both parties have to load up the cheats then connect, and if anything reboots you have to start all over, iirc from what Niji said.

Edited by Top Notch Cock

If you actually want to make a topic that has all of your ACs (or a large amount) catalogued you're better off doing it as a post in the Garage section. This area is more for discussion and/or critique of single bots or just a few at a time, such as paired bots. Too many bots in a topic can make the whole thing a mess to navigate once it gets too big. Don't feel bad about covering the AC Designs section in endless topics with your name, there's nothing wrong with that. My only suggestion about restraint would be to only post the bots in this section that you actually want critique/discussion on, with the other bots going into the garage topic exclusively.

I use H+ in LR sometimes too, it's super fun. LR H+ is more powerful than NX/NB H+ and definitely stronger than H+ from games older than NX. It gets weird properties in LR, such as funky weight multiplication so your AC goes faster than it should by a large margin. Things that are definitely not in NX. The big problem is that unlike NX/NB, LR doesn't save your H+ to your file. That means you gotta load the H+ codes every time you turn on LR.

Anyway, LGL is one of the king weapons of H+ mid and lightweights. There's almost nothing that compares to having a high speed LGL + HP flying around with boosted lock-time chasing people down at 500-700kph. In general, part decisions don't matter that much in LR with H+. They yield a lot less performance differences than normal because of all the buffs. I'm not 100% sure, but I think I remember H+ making it harder for your parts to break as well. Generally you just want to build so you have high AP/Def and TP booster and then a really deadly weapon. Hollow is a good choice on bots that have a really buff cannon like GL.

If you're using Type A controls I suggest adding Hoshi ECM Maker or Syamana ECM Maker to every bot you use with H+ for missions, assuming you want to do missions with H+ and stuff. Against non-H+ bots Hoshi and Syamana are cripplingly effective with nearly no way to build against them without sacrificing heavily on your own bot. Against other H+ players the ECM Makers aren't effective tho, even if they don't cost you more than a couple kph in speed. It's far too easy for an H+ bot to resist ECM. They're basically deadweight there and you're better off trying to joust Urchin or hit your opponent H+ player with napalm rockets.