Optional Parts: AMINO, 069SS, C071EC, 079L+, CODON, MARISHI

Color:

Base: 175/150/75

Aid: 100/100/75

Optional:125/125/75

Detail: 200/175/25

Joint: 75/75/50

AC Type: Mobile/Hit n' Run

Name after a famous Winchester repeating rifle, Yellow Boy is a very agile AC that likes to fight medium to close range. It also loves to fly above its enemies, getting around, and forcing its opponent to fight and struggle to keep their FCS lock onto him. Though Yellow Boy has no back weapons, his dual wield rifles and reserve pistols can finish off an enemy quick.

Pros: Very mobile even with BIRDIE2, can hit pretty hard, very good FCS box.

Cons: Little to no armor (1400 on Solid and EN), low AP, and no back weapons.

Playstyle: Fight in medium range if you must. If you can, you an engage in close combat, and circle around the enemy. With BIRDIE2, you can pratically "fly" above and around your opponent. Since your mobile, it should be relitavely easy to dodge missles and predict hits from your opponents.

Will post a picture of it.

okay, then you're way way too slow and the armor is way too low

start with gull lotus ananda and work from there

head and arms most likely gotta change

i dont remember parts off top but if we're talking about vs players (ie if ur playing me) yeah there's no way it'd work as u just described, as is anyhow

owen's got a bot sorta like this in his garage maybe look at that one to get ideas...i think it uses l2 legs too. I dont like those legs but w/e

Well I have no experience with players. I test these by fighting against the hardest AI in game (1st Rank VR, Evangel, Zinaida, and Joust imo) for about three games to see if I can get the same result.

I don't like GULL. GULL and I have had a bad relationship since Nexus. No matter what gen/radiator combo I do with GULL, it still likes to overheat like crazy. I don't mind switching to TP or VULTURE2, but I feel that BIRDIE2 seems to be fine for this AC build. And I don't want to add back weapons simply because I want this AC to be rifle gunslinger.

I could switch the dual R3 for GAST if that helps its fighting chance. I'll see and do some fiddling with random head and leg units to see which does better. Kind of want to keep the core and arm since they're generally really good.

see, it all depends on the goal

like i said if u were to play me birdie2 is suicide, its definitely not fine

tp solves everything but if u go that route, but again u mentioned players so i ignored tp

the guns arent the problem, its the rest of the bot, the head and arms arent a good choice for that legs and core and the boosters are terrible

and the generator is way too big for what you realy need

idk what to say tho if u cant get gull to work of all things in LR, thats just weird to me

switch to s2, a10 back radar, and fl or macaque arms and focus on tuning for cooling, go lotus and gull, try that see how it goes

honestly tho, if u want to do it for players, or for AI arena, or AI missions, or for fanfic, i think its important to pick one and go with that idea and start there, cuz all 4 of those are wildly diff, and thats before you talk about whether it needs to be legal or not

do u still live in cali? i forget if it was socal or norcal

Still living in South Cali.

I tend to base my AC designs on how they fare against AI AC since they're the only opponents I can only fight against, but I don't tend to fight the easy AI because, at the same time, I also want to make the desgin to somewhat be playable for pvp though I have no experience on pvp for ACLR. I tend to use the hardest AI I fight against to simulate what fighting in pvp may be like, though that is using inaccurate nature since the AI in the game have the OP-I built with in them and that in built system is why they're only hard.

Edited by Blue Falcon

ya the ai in this game 100% isnt a good test for comparing to ppl

well lets just stick to playing against ai when we talk about this then and assume no rules unless u got personal ones u want to use

unless u want to play me since i live in socal as well then we can meet up, i havent played in forever but w/e it might be fun just so u see the differences in playing a person at least

Well I still kind of tend of wanting to use the pvp rules when building an AC, but its been so long (3 years approx) since I've design an AC from my PS2 era with restriction that I honeslty don't remember the rules anymore.

Would be nice to play with someone, but I don't drive (have a permit though, but too lazy to do my license test), and busy with college. I remember reading on the forums ages ago about using a pseudo online play, but even that, I'm too lazy to try it or even get the thing myself to do it.

But you know, it is what it is...

S2

UA

FG

L2

Gull (10 heat)

LImpet

Lotus (10 en output)

Ananda (10 cooling)

-

-

RA

-

R3

R3

HP

HP

Your description makes it sound like you want to have a really light and aggressive OBer, but with only Birdie2 and no OB, you're not going to pitbull anybody's box. I have a lightweight that does something like you described, and it uses Pixie3/R3 and /UL2 OB.

What I listed prior was the route I would take your current AC. It should be way faster and way bulkier thanks to UA. Limpet gives an absolutely huge lockbox with dual ST locks.

I have an AC similar to that idea as well, using dual rifles with limpet and a huge box, but that AC was designed to either brawl or run the entire match. It uses S3 legs to gouge AP, and Gaea core to supplement the Rifles and Missiles. At near 9000 AP, it goes 460kph with 1800/1800 defense after missiles drop.

Edited by Top Notch Penis

Fiddling around, here's an update design:

Parts

Head: EYE3 0/0/0/10/0

Core: YC010/UL2 0/0/10/2/0

Arms: MACAQUE 0/0/8/0/2

Legs: LH99XS 2/0/2/0/6

Booster: GULL 0/0/0/10

FCS: CR-F73H

Generator: LOTUS 0/0/10

Radiator: ANANDA 0/0/10

Inside: N/A

Extension: N/A

Back Unit R: N/A

Back Unit L: N/A

Arm Unit R: YWH05R3

Arm Unit L: YWH05R3

Hanger Unit R: WRAITH

Hanger Unit L: WRAITH

Optional Parts: AMINO, 069ES, 069SS, C071EC, 079L+, CODON, MARISHI

Pros: Much faster than before, turns better, has better armor (1700 average)

Cons: Still low AP pool

I live in Garden Grove in Orange County. Right near the Crystal Cathredal to be specific.

I only added the UL/2 core because of the OB but in all honest, I have never used OB cores after Silent Line. Once they changed the heat system in Nexus, OB cores were pratically useless unless you knew a good combo. Not saying I hate OB cores, but it just time consuming to see what core goes best with gen/radiator/booster.

Might end up sticking with the UL core.

And that's sounds fine.

Edited by Blue Falcon

Oh, he wants it legal. Then yea S2 head and FL arms are prolly best bet. XS arms are great, but no reason to use them unless you're low on energy. FL arms are quite literally XS arms plus more energy defense.

I'm not sure about XS legs I remember them being kinda slow/clunky. Only lw legs I like in LR are Panther and L2. Vixen is decent but it has shit AP.

XS legs work fine. I have no mobilty issues with them. I think the only reasons why people hate the XS legs is because its more of a "heavy" lightweight leg, and it not very EN friendly compare to the other Crest design legs.

which was xs again iirc its the ones that used to be he high load lw legs they have high ass turning iirc they're not good legs but u can do a few kinda bullshit things with them

one dood had a bot that won an FT with the legs im thinking of i think those were xs?

ill PM u