Srash plays AC:fA!

Not-Hunter

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4th gen has shitty framerate. fA even breaks down on particular maps/stages for me.

All Arena bots are stupid easy, of course build choice makes them easier.

If you think beating the big tank was ridiculously easy, Arms Forts are a joke.

I'm surprised you're not flying all over the place because that was always my favorite thing in this gen. #Freedom

Your mic isn't the best quality, maybe talking a little softer and clearer would help (or move mic a little farther away from mouth?). Video quality is more than acceptable, this game doesn't have great map graphics anyway.

Edited by Siri

I was fine with the voice quality. I put the volume very low and could still make out what you were saying at any given point, and there's nothing I'd consider a highly obnoxious spike. That said, I get the impression that you feel obligated to avoid dead air or something. Or maybe you just like to talk, I don't know, w.

Knowing where you're coming from (5th gen) and how you compared that experience to what you're seeing in this game made the video more interesting to me. I'm not sure to what extent that is something you could continue to do.

I don't have a "real" mic as of yet, I'm only using the mic on my astro headset for now. I don't really have the space in my room to set up a proper mic either, so I'll have to try and work on speaking in a way that sounds clearer. I'm pretty bad at talking in general, due to... not really needing to talk throughout my day, usually.

I'll try my best to mention my thoughts about the generation differences when they seem relevant.

Some people on skype and other places mentioned that they want to be able to watch the cutscenes and mission briefings without me talking over them, and there more or less seems to be a few options at the moment:

1: Continue as-is, talking over cutscenes/briefings

2: Shut up during cutscenes/briefings

3: Upload the cutscenes/briefings by themselves as separate videos for people to watch.

I tend to talk about whatever comes to mind, usually, so that's part of why I didn't really ever stop throughout the video.

Edited by Not-Hunter

Man I know how you feel about talking bad, English isn't my primary language at home so my speech is always wonky right after a school break.

I would think separate cutscene vids are available on YouTube already, I don't see why people don't want to hear you talk. I like it as is.

Longer pauses might ease up the pace a little, having a few more in there wouldn't hurt. I don't get the sense you're hurrying though at least, but during some parts you do talk fast.

Forgot to mention but yeah I like the name Aaliyah. That specific spelling is the best too.

Came by to announce that I recorded something today, but when i was reviewing the footage, it seems that at some point or another, the recording just broke and a large portion of the video was incomprehensibly glitched and parts of it were outright lost completely. It's not really acceptable to upload a recording like that.

As such, the recording/upload will be postponed until Monday. I record during the week, when my house is quiet, to ensure I can record without interruptions.

I notice you hopped a lot in the first level here, but most gen/booster setups will allow you to hold down boost on the ground without running out of EN.

"[Wonderful Body]'s just very new to piloting as a whole." ww

+1 for no rate/subscribe. The very end got cut off though.

• 2 weeks later...

I notice you hopped a lot in the first level here, but most gen/booster setups will allow you to hold down boost on the ground without running out of EN.

+1 for no rate/subscribe. The very end got cut off though.

I kinda noticed partway through the fight that gliding about on the ground actually seems to be more efficient, so.. Yeah.

I don't really have any intentions to include rate/sub/like at the end until I actually start to produce a better quality of video, in terms of structure and my ability to talk, lol. I don't have any reliable knowledge of editing, so I was trying to get the end of the recording closer to where I stop talking, to avoiding a dead period at the end of the vid, but... it obviously didn't work how I expected.

Now I can definitely say I prefer when you talk over the briefings. Also, Wonderful Body sure did a lot of damage to you, considering he doesn't even seem to know where he is.

:wiggle:

I dunno if I want to talk over them or not, cause sometimes I'll just ramble for no reason without much purpose to the vid. I'll definitely try to bring up stuff that I think is cool, as I want to avoid having a bunch of things to talk about during the briefing, and then getting cut off by combat and forgetting during the level.

Wonderful Body too stronk. fromplznerf.

I'll also try to record/upload again today or tomorrow. Most likely today.

I dunno if I want to talk over them or not, cause sometimes I'll just ramble for no reason without much purpose to the vid. I'll definitely try to bring up stuff that I think is cool, as I want to avoid having a bunch of things to talk about during the briefing, and then getting cut off by combat and forgetting during the level.

I understand where you're coming from, I just find the briefings grating for some reason. It is what it is.

"Aren't programmers usually smarter about resource management "

It's FROM, so...no. There's cases of similar issues in the Souls games. There's some parts of the older AC games that are ridiculous, too. I just got through AA, and there was a couple missions where things had to be running at around 5 FPS. Speaking of AA, I also fell from the sky in my playthrough. Haha.

I didn't know there was fA stuff in VD. Neat.

• 2 weeks later...

HAAAAI. I've started the process of getting thumbnails that I'll be using, so I expect to have some ready that I can use by next week. I'll also update old vides with the new thumbnails. Two uploads today, since one of them is a tad short.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hp7NqvzSQvk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoaKtVcqxIs