CODE: Peter Benchley

Nescient

ya so this was my primary 'Heads Up' build for ranked matches. I rode it to A-rank amongst a fairly competitive crowd in 2009-2010. Nob will hate it for sure. Its decent at doing what it does but rather underpowered. If it can land successive hits with Kamal and Motocobra its got some quick kill potential, but its too slow to reliably pull off frisky CQC tactics. Without AA its generally forced to fight with a long-term approach. It's a Kiter in the truest sense, DPS/PA breaker parts are more of a deterrent than reliable offense here. The standard WG frame has more quick kill potential.

Its strength lies in a generalist battle plan, it can basically fight at any range and while it is far from optimized for any one roll the weapon set performs reliably. It excels at dealing out consistent damage, the weapons were chosen to fight off the endless swarm of cracked-out Japanese Lahire builds that made up the majority of the competition I was faced with in the year before From pooped out ACV.

I give the frame 4/10 for functionality, like most of my builds it was largely built to look cool in a military/OG sort of way. The head sucks ass… the core offers decent defense for its weight, the arms are arguably high tier (but losing the shoulder unit slot hurts big time… Missile builds cause problems here as the frame is too slow to dodge if the opposition can pressure continually)… The legs offer great defense and reasonable mobility.

Head- Hilbert-G7H

Core- CR-LANCEL

Arms- White-Glint/ARMS

Legs- 063ANO4

FCS-047ANO5

Gen- 03-AALIYAH/G

CB-Judith main

BB11-Latona

SB128-SCHEDAR

Linstant/O

RA- 03-MOTOCOBRA (probably the best ranged weapon in the game… jmho)

LA- 063ANAR (wg rifle)

RB- RC01-PHACT (rail cannon)

LB- KAMAL (slug gun)

TUNES:

Leg Cap- 46

EN output/cap-50

Arm maneuv-50

Lock Speed-50

V. Thrust-50

H. Thrust-50

Turning-50

Conclusion:

Its a great starter build for anyone feeling uncomfortable with PvP. The weapons are among the most reliable when the gods of ping aren't on your side… Very easy to use, figure out how to zone properly and pay attention to cross-wielding.

Very strong vs damage racing LWs.

Unbelievably weak vs high shell-defense builds. Tanks are this things WORST nightmare.