ACLR Vex

Plus Escapee

I made a video series showcasing the power of the Vex platform. Since I made these videos, I renamed the AC "Phantom" with the old game "Project Phantasma" in mind.

Here is the series.

https://www.youtube....sbr3KZ-z7z2BKis

I have a weak 4 core processor, and the PCSX2 emulator does not well support the AMD chipset. I cannot use the GPU's on my video card to increase frames for this games because PCSX2, while a great emulator, fails to properly support this specific title and isn't very supportive of the AMD processor in general. Also, the screencasting software slows the framerate while recording. The game is a blast when I'm not recording, but as you can see, I take a performance hit when recording my adventures. I hope that you guys appreciate the Vex/Phantom design platform.

Edited by Plus Escapee

I was rather confused as to what you meant by Vex at first, but now I realize that it's the build shown in the videos. It's rather interesting that you went through the trouble of designing and recording a build that seems to be mostly for PvE, though it is unfortunate that the slowed frames caused all kinds of audio distortions and the like.

Nice bot. Have you thought about using Miroku?

Miroku doesn't offer the same dogfighting factor in the arena. I chose the Monju because this AC's greatest asset is it's turning speed.

I was rather confused as to what you meant by Vex at first, but now I realize that it's the build shown in the videos. It's rather interesting that you went through the trouble of designing and recording a build that seems to be mostly for PvE, though it is unfortunate that the slowed frames caused all kinds of audio distortions and the like.

It is a shame that the PS2 is such unique and strange hardware that it is more difficult to emulate than the slightly more powerful PSP, which my machine emulates more than flawlessly.

It is also unfortunate that I live in an Armored Core desert, I've only ever played first generation PvP. Being the only fan in my neighborhood I've never been defeated, and by the time ACLR came out everyone I knew had completely lost interest in the series. So, all of my builds are geared for the game environment rather than for fighting human opponents.

It would be interesting to see how I might fare in a dogfight with a human opponent. I've seen enough videos to know that I am just average. Like my namesake, I'm sure a well trained raven could make short work of me.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that while I have completed all of the missions in AC;LR with Vex, and this design gets more A's and S's than any other design I've used, the secret final mission really deserves a specialty energy defense/verticle missile design. The final pulverizer mission is the one mission I expect to fail at when using Vex.

Edited by Plus Escapee

Oh wow, you're using monju. If you're really looking for horizontal lockbox size, you should try out the F73H then. It doesn't grant you the 6 locks like the Monju, but usually 3 is more than enough for Nymphe-- especially considering you have RM3 on as well.

For max box size and keeping your 6 locks, you can go with Limpet, the only downside if you lose some range if you fancy firing Nymphe/RM3 from quite some distance.

If you ever were up for LR pvp, you can always play on kai. I'd be game if you had it set up with a PS2 and everything.

Oh wow, you're using monju. If you're really looking for horizontal lockbox size, you should try out the F73H then. It doesn't grant you the 6 locks like the Monju, but usually 3 is more than enough for Nymphe-- especially considering you have RM3 on as well.

For max box size and keeping your 6 locks, you can go with Limpet, the only downside if you lose some range if you fancy firing Nymphe/RM3 from quite some distance.

If you ever were up for LR pvp, you can always play on kai. I'd be game if you had it set up with a PS2 and everything.

The FCS you suggest is interesting. I like the slight increase to ECM defense. Currently I have a total of 800 ECM defense with the Mayfly (tuned for ECM), Monju, and Kangi option. I made this adjustment immediately after I recorded these videos a few months ago (the videos sat on my hard drive because I wasn't sure if I wanted to share them) because I had discovered that tuning the Mayfly for cooling was done out of paranoia induced by the Gull booster and after some testing I found that the cooling wasn't needed. So, Vex is the very first AC I've made that is set in stone so far, which speaks volumes, because I bought this game for PS2 three days after it hit the shelves and it is easily my favorite PS2 title, and Vex had been shaped after years of play, with origins in Nexus and adventures through Nine Breaker.

Speaking of Nexus, I've been experimenting with an all-Mirage part build of Stinger. Building it as a pure Mirage animal has proven interesting. I have a video of that, but I feel that my piloting skills and design need a bit more work. Here's the subject for analysis;

https://www.youtube....h?v=xdH0NFMH98c

As for your challenge, I would love to get schooled. Sadly, I've retired my PS2. I used to play many hours online of Monster Hunter on PS2 years ago, but today I can't imagine going online with it. On the other hand, I never say never, and I appreciate the advice and the friendly challenge.

Edited by Plus Escapee

Can we get the parts listed?

YH12-MAYFLY ~ ECM

CR-C98E2 ~ WEIGHT

CR-A88FG ~ COOLING

YLH11-VIXEN ~ WEIGHT CAPACITY

B05-GULL ~ BOOSTER HEAT

MONJU

G01-LOTUS ~ ENERGY OUTPUT

ANANDA ~ ENERGY DRAIN

CR-17SFM

E02RM-GAR

-

WB01M-NYMPHE

WR07M-PIXIE3

WL01LB-ELF

-

-

Option Parts;

O01-AMINO

CR-O69ES

CR-O7SLA

CR-O79L+

O02-ORGANELLE

O03-CODON

O07-PRIMER

KANGI

Overall Concept;

This AC is best suited to the situations presented in the missions within AC;LR. I wanted a single lightweight design stubbornly placed on the Vixen legs that could acquire as many S ranks from missions as possible and could defeat all arena and special arena opponents without any modifications. While the end result met my goal, the unit has issues with energy consumption, single-hit attack power, and specialized medium weight opponents. Despite these issues, the visual appearance and careful balance of this AC makes it my favorite AC by far. I like to call it the "prettiest stat whore."

Piloting tips; When low on energy, use the impressive jump ability of the legs to stay mobile and reduce energy consumption. This AC unit is underweight by a large margin in order to increase turning ability and boost speed, yet still boasts an A grade ATK rating with extended ammo stores (ATK rating tested against "Eliminate the Enemy AC" and "Destroy Transport Convoy" missions.) Switch to the Inside Part weapon during laser blade attacks for a blade/bomb combo. Apply pressure in "dogfight" range with the orbit cannon and right arm weapon. Use the unit's mobility, extension missiles, and left back weapon for steady attack pressure at medium range (recommended during ECM interference). Get behind the enemy if possible. Do not tank hits. Do not forget to purge empty weapons. There may come a time when you want to purge your missile systems (extension and left back weapon) early in order to increase your dogfighting agility at close range.

Why that part? Analysis

The Lotus generator features low calorific value and marries well with the Gull booster while it's light weight and large emergency stores increase overall agility. The gull booster offers a very low charge drain to mitigate the low output of the Lotus generator. The CR-C98E2 Core and the right arm weapon offer substantial DPS at "dogfight" (medium to close) range combat. The left back weapon has the highest hit vs miss ratio during ground combat of all back mounted missiles due to it's "direct fire" trajectory and also happens to be very lightweight with a dangerous six lockon capability and low firing interval. The left arm weapon features the lowest energy usage of all laser blades and offers a respectable 3x wave attack, rapid repeat attack ability, and can be used in a blade/bomb combo when combined with the inside part for an aggressive energy/shell combo attack. Shell weapons are favored so that all generator energy can be reserved for boosters and blade usage. ECM defence is rated as "B" or "medium" with a total rating of 800, allowing for regular lock-ons during heavy interference (ECM tested against "Destroy Raging Torrent IV" mission).

Edited by Plus Escapee

S2(Head)+69RA(Back Radar)

If you're worried about VS ECM you can equip a better back radar, they pretty much all outperform all the heads in terms of radar and VS ECM iirc.

inb4 Eye3

I'm not really worried about anything as far as this AC goes. I've accepted it's weaknesses, with it's biggest issue being stability. Leightweight builds like this can't handle attacks that stun or cause heat stress, and while I could load up dingo2 legs for raw stats (just for example) I am happy with the attributes this AC has as it is. It's my baby. :)

hmm, may i build a H+ version of the unit? i have the plus in LRp thanks to a special code.

Nothing's stopping you guys. My videos are boring PVE on an emulator that doesn't run well on my (four year) old 4 core AMD, but the Vex series is done with no cheats. Episode 3 is probably the more interesting episode because it's notorious for being cruel to noobies.

If I may role play a little bit like a nerd, I have a story for you.

Remember, I escaped the plus program, then got my ass promptly kicked during the Controller war. I was cloned shortly after by the same special interest group that helped me escape, and the black box in my MT and later in the AC's I piloted allowed me to retain memories of my previous lives. Even then, I'm very lucky that over all these years my team has been able to recover the black box that allows me to remember how and why I've died in the past. There have been times when I could have easily been lost forever. I've been to Mars and back, and when my body grows old I discard it, have my DNA reconstituted, and then have my new body placed in suspended animation until I'm needed again. Although my memories are over a hundred years old now, I've never thought of myself as immortal. I've suffered too much pain and too many close calls to claim to be more than just very lucky. Pilot enhancement surgery really sucks, and I avoid it at all costs (those early days at Murakumo still haunt me). It wasn't until the Next AC program that pilot surgery was required, the G forces involved with the latest AC's are far too great for a normal human body to tolerate, but at least at this point the methods are refined enough so that it isn't a nightmare to recover from. Back in my day,

Edited by Plus Escapee

http://yourfaceisstupid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/bros-1.jpg

:D

OK I've been messing with another lightweight. As usual, I avoid medium weight legs even though the design might end up more powerful on dingo2 (dingo2, so op).

I've never had a pursuit laserpod design that I liked until this build, so it's been fun messing with it. My favorite test bed is the "Eliminate the Enemy AC" scenario, so I'll have a breakdown of this experiment soon.

Edited by Plus Escapee

u know if u want to role play u could always write fanfic

there's a few ppl here who actually like reading them, well sorta

as well as a few ppl who write them or want to write them

What I wrote already tells the whole story though. Pretty simple, cheesy concept for who I am as a pilot, and where my pilot comes from. The trailing off of my voice there at the end basically means that the old fart known as Plus Escapee could ramble on for hours about his near-death (and death) experiences to the point where it would only end up becoming boring.

I have an AC in my fifth garage that I've been having fun with. Playing AI isn't so fun unless your AC is somewhat weak. This design struggles against the "Destroy the Convoy" mission, but does very well in the "Eliminate the Enemy AC" mission. It fires a pursuit laser and is a nimble energy rifle build. I enjoy how the low-energy drain body parts match up visually, which to me is important (spoiler; I'm a dork).

CR-YH7052 ~ ecm

CR-YC99UL ~ weight

CR-A92XS ~50% weight, 50% aim

CR-LH79L ~ max leg weight

CR-B81 ~ boost power/B05-GULL ~ booster heat

CR-F73H

KONGOH ~ condenser capacity/LOTUS ~ energy output

R01-HAZEL ~ cooling/ANANDA ~ energy drain

-

FUNI

-

WB270-HARPY2

WR21PU-ROC3

WL14LB-ELF2

YWH14PU-ROC4

-

Options: O01-AMINO, CR-O69ES, CR-O79L+, O03-CODON, O07-PRIMER, O04-GOLGI, O05-HISTON

Strengths - Energy gauge recovery speed allows for rapid energy weapon use in addition to highly efficient boosting. A mobile platform with lots of ammunition.

Weaknesses - Prone to stun, ECM, and has low defense and AP.

Concept - An AC built to be nimble enough to evade incoming fire while applying pressure with a combination of energy attacks from the Roc3 and Harpy from medium range. The Funi extension part allows missiles to assist the Harpy2 for each volley fired so that both can be purged for a massive agility and energy supply gain during extended fights. The Roc4 pulse rifle supplies the AC with more than adequate firepower to finish extended fights. Alternate (generator, radiator, and boost) loadout reduces turn speed in favor of raw mobility with almost no compromise to energy supply despite reduced energy output, and requires only small changes in deployment tactics.

Edited by Plus Escapee

alrighty

also for ACs u should prolly make each one a seperate thread i think that might even be in the forum rules

if you wanna make a garage there's a seperate subforum for it i think it's called AC Garages you cant get feedback there but you can here

its the better place to post stuff you dont intend to change