New to the Scene. Wanting to grow a community

Hello everyone. I am a bit late to the party, but I have discovered just how much I am in love with this series over the past few months. The reason I am making this post is that I have noticed more and more AC players in my area, and I am wanting to start a solid community and also a tournament scene. That being said could you guys answer a few questions for me please? 1. What would be the strongest game to promote? 2. I see a LOAD of tournaments being played in 4, is there a reason that 4 is generally more accepted than ACFA? 3. Is there any pre-made tournament standards such as banned AC or AC parts?

1. the community is so divided and separated that i dont think you could really promote a strongest game. everyone has their favorites and some people even hate certain ac games. id recommend running AC4 and onwards because online is much easier to set up than kai or something else. iirc AC4 servers are only up and running for 360 side and have been shut down for PS3

2. ac4 was better balanced than FA for a long time and overall the game takes more skill. FA got balanced decently with its latest patch, but everyone completely lost interest by the time it came around and now FA has a terrible stigma for being trash. also, some people like to feel old so theyll always tell you that the older games are better than the newer ones

3. later gen games dont have many tournament standards as far as ban consensus and stuff since nothing is really worth banning in current versions (AC4 blades matches should ban parry blades though). rules for AC4 are generally BO3 5min/ea and restricted to 2-3 maps. other rules like winner/loser AC switching should be considered but last tournament i saw, they had no restriction on AC switching. i prefer that winner cant swap ACs but loser can

good luck with starting a solid community tho. ur gonna need a whole lot of magic to pull it off

I'm not exactly knowleadgable about 4th-generation AC, but I'm willing to participate if you need help for some reason. I own AC4/FA (in addition to the 360 version of 4, but no gold account) and I can record and stream anything if you'd like, or take pictures of ACs for various purposes.

If you're wanting to start a true LOCAL scene, then play Silent Line. Of the older games, it probably has the most approachability. It plays fast, has bigger lockboxes in general, and is easier on the energy. It also had the least amount of banned parts in tournament scenes.

SL was the golden game of the golden age of AC.

If you're wanting to play the newer generation of AC games, I say play 4. As other have said, it's better balanced both part-wise and mechanics wise compared to the newer ones. (Only if you're able to get patch 1.4 and onward.) It's probably a bit better balanced online as opposed to offline. When offline, the hi-lasers seriously wreck havok. The latency in online balances them out.

ACVD probably still has an English community, armored core legacy is the first forum to look for that. I'm not sure how alive online play is since the last time I asked (with which I was responded "Enough people still play"). I don't know if that guy who ran OGC is still playing and/or interested in setting something up. He's called uhhhhhh godly-something-or-other.

Rogan started his own ACVD (potentially ACLR) version of the ACDC on ACL recently.

And no regard for the other AC forums? D=

Edited by Bae

Probably because he knows the other two forums don't really bother with VD.

ACU entered and voted for VD, people just believe we don't bother because we keep making these tongue-in-cheek comments and they don't get it.

PLUS MOST OF US ARE OLD AND IRRELEVANT

NOT ME I AM YOUNG AND FOREVER SHINING