My tank named "Squishy"

Not-Hunter

AC5 tanks use traditionally back-mounted weapons while moving like old gens, but use them on the arms instead, leading to dual-wielding fuckhuge weapons like autocannons. They don't zoom when using scoped weapons, they can't walljump to gain height/speed, they get a huge increase to turn speed while standing still, and they one-shot people with the melee boost-charge attack.

So you have to move around the map very differently compared to an AC with legs, and you get absurd firepower like in the other games.

so vd is that much diff from ac5? or did they just fuck tanks up in vd? That sounds awful and depressing

tanks are like that in ac games tho lol

they never are in the middle, its always either they're dope as fk or they're trash

oh well, I guess that makes sense for something so out of the norm

if it was in the middle it'd be the norm by definition which wouldnt make a whole lot of sense given how different they are supposed to be

VD nerfed tank weapons to reduce the range, muzzle velocity, and damage of a lot of them (namely cannons, howitzer cannons), the buffs to strekoza (from 2,550 CE atk to 2,774 CE) makes their armor less effective, and the buffs to boosters across the board (which tanks can't equip) made everything else in the game much faster while tanks stay fat and slow, and the reintroduction of weapon arms means that literally any AC can carry a strong tankbusting weapon that isn't melee or a sniper. Also the way tanks handle sniper cannons was altered slightly, so I've heard it's a bit harder to land shots from those now.

Armor works differently in VD compared to V. In V, having less atk than the enemy's defense value (KE/CE/TE) reduced your damage so sharply that you were kinda wasting your time attacking. Similarly, having atk above the enemy's defense dealt stupid damage, which meant that high-armor/high-damage like tanks could be very effective. In VD, the penalty for low attack is much lesser, and the boost for high attack is reduced as well, resulting in a game that favors low-mid damage weapons with a high rate of fire, and also drastically reduces the lifespan of the average tank.

One of the most effective tank types in VD (which I talked about in the autocannon vid) is just a suicide tank that gives no fucks and runs at people early game to do as much damage as possible before it goes down.

Also I talked specifically about why strekoza makes building armor hard in a video about strekoza a while ago:

But primarily, strekoza forces you to either have low KE to be weak to missiles/rifles, or have normal CE and still be vulnerable to strekoza, because the defense value of 2775 is extremely difficult to reach without a quad leg.

Edited by Not-Hunter