Aesthetics 4 Answer

Mom

http://i.imgur.com/Jk0QsoE.png

It's that time of the year again to roll out another purely aesthetics-oriented ACDC!

-There will be 5 divisions for you to enter 2 entrants per. The divisions are:

ac1-moa

ac2-aa

ac3-lr

ac4-acfa

ac5- acvd

-Entrants are to be judged solely on looks. Functionality or competitiveness does not apply.

-To submit an AC, pm me with the details of the AC, including name, parts, paint and small blurb about the AC if you wish to include that as well. For ACFA entrants, please trade with me (TMRaven psn), if you happen to be on 360 and submit ACFA designs, I'll find accommodations. People Entering ACVD designs, please contact Not Hunter (ACL) (ACU) for arranging trades, and also PM me the name of your AC.

-Because we have dedicated picture takers for ACFA and VD divisions, decals are strongly recommended; make your AC look as interesting as possible. Not Hunter also has the DLC for VD, so DLC parts are allowed as well.

-Because of a limitation of the emulator I use for ps2 games, when upscaling the resolution, I lose shadows on the AC. As a result, the colors of my pictures can and will look slightly different from what you see in game. Please feel free to PM early so that you can get your colors previewed and calibrated accordingly. Also, please feel free to dictate exactly which angles you want your AC's pictures taken at (this applies for any of the games.)

-Everybody should be familiar with scoring rules, but I will make sure to go over the rules and regulations for voting and how scoring is done when it's time to make the voting topics.

For any additional questions, please feel free to ask in this topic.

Edited by DANTONIO THE DEMON

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Ideally I'd like to have Not-Hunter take all the pictures for consistency's sake, but yours looks very close to the ones he's producing. It would be nice to help take some load off him, but just make sure they're same quality, size, and same background as his are. This missile silo looking garage thing is the one he uses iirc, just take out all the background clutter like the cargo crates, flags, etc.

You're supposed to trade them (or give partlists) to the person handling pictures so that quality is standardized. For 5th gen ACs, that would be me. You can use your own screenshots to suggest poses or something, but the final images being used for the voting are all supposed to come from one source.

For 5th gen in particular, since not everyone has capture cards and I also have to do a small amount of editing to each photo to reduce ACVD's intense blurriness. The sample image you posted wasn't exactly bad in terms of quality, though. On a side note, I would suggest that anyone still developing ACs for 5th gen do so in the same garage that's going to be used for the pictures, with all the decorations removed, so you get closest to what the final picture will look like. This is kinda important mostly for colors.

• 2 weeks later...