More AC6 Rumors, Bloodborne DLC Cancelled

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Miyazaki has said in interviews that he wants to explore the Sci-fi and mech genres with something new. That's why I don't think it's likely to see a proper AC6 but instead a reboot that is closer to the Dark Souls style of gameplay and story. The rest is my speculation on what that might look like.

I have no idea whether they would call it Armored Core 6, Armored Souls, or Dark Souls With Robots, and that's probably irrelevant at this point. The point is that moving whatever game comes out further along the spectrum toward the things that made DS compelling (especially to PC gamers) is very likely given what he's said in interviews, and probably more likely than killing the series off entirely.

Edited by DominantLegend

this thred was so huretful till i posited c:

Miyazaki has said in interviews that he wants to explore the Sci-fi and mech genres with something new. That's why I don't think it's likely to see a proper AC6 but instead a reboot that is closer to the Dark Souls style of gameplay and story. The rest is my speculation on what that might look like.

I have no idea whether they would call it Armored Core 6, Armored Souls, or Dark Souls With Robots, and that's probably irrelevant at this point. The point is that moving whatever game comes out further along the spectrum toward the things that made DS compelling (especially to PC gamers) is very likely given what he's said in interviews, and probably more likely than killing the series off entirely.

That is fucking retarded. From is not bungie. The Japanese People have true honor.

this is similar to my LR reboot paranoia... IT COULD HAPPEN....

but anyways, no. Armored Core has always pushed combat mechanics and controls well beyond contemporary standards. I doubt they're going to release a game with badass physics/controls and an RPG-caliber single player. The game you are suggesting would be stepping all over gundam/mechwarrior.

triple edit baby...:

"Miyazaki has said in interviews that he wants to explore the Sci-fi and mech genres with something new. That's why I don't think it's likely to see a proper AC6 but instead a reboot that is closer to the Dark Souls style of gameplay and story."

Lets think about this... Sci-fi and mech genres.... new... something...

more than most franchises, every fucking game in the AC series has been not only Sci-fi and mech genres, but more often than not, something new. Without getting into the groundbreaking early generations, 4th and 5th generation Armored Core have fucking defined sci-fi, mech genes and pretty ladybots.

That quote does not lend any strength to your interpretation of it. Miyazaki just Belichicked u RILLY hard.

TLDR ARMORED CORE WILL CONTINUE TO BE THE UNDERAPRECIATED MASTERPIECE THAT IS IS. IS.

IS!!!!

4th edit...

otoh, they do release AC6 with a single player element that puts it on par with dark souls. But it still handles like armored core, and has a separate, easy to access multiplayer.... AND THEY FOCUS ON 1v1s (obviously... this is what made dark souls great, at least for me) instead of teams like a feygits....

and then AC benefits from the popularity of the dark souls fan base, and I have "AAA release" newbs to slaughter all day ery day and life is good. I do not see your point.

It is pessimistic.

Edited by Nescient

u didn't even quote me nob. ur doin it wrong u fkn pedestrian.

I agree with nes, drawing lines to souls from "something new" is spotty speculation (and not one I agree with). Maybe your prediction is better founded than say ACxMLP, but it's still just speculation. Possibly apophenia. So long as we're clear on that first point though, idgaf if you really invest in your prediction. I'm just not placing any bets.

Maybe your prediction is better founded than say ACxMLP, but it's still just speculation.

edit: At least they have pics to back up their claims.

http://pre01.deviantart.net/774c/th/pre/i/2012/075/b/1/armored_core_mecha_pony_girls_set_2_by_blood_asp0123-d4szowq.png

100% legit official artwork

Edited by Rixlen

• 3 weeks later...