Zealous

hoikam EXE

So I haven't played ACFA since maybe 2010, but here's my first build that I think I'll stick with and make changes as necessary.

Please lemme know thoughts and opinions on my tin can.

Head - 047AN02

Core - Glint

Arms - Glint

Legs - DUSKAROR

FS - LAHIRE

GN - JUDITH

Main - LAHIRE

Back - LAHIRE

Side - HOLOFERNES

OB - JUDITH or LINSTANT

R.Arm - 047ANNR

L.Arm - 067ANLR

R.Back - MP-0203 or MP-0901

L.Back - SAPLA or maybe YAMAGA?

Tuning -

EN Output Maxed

EN Cap Maxed

42+ on KP

Maneuverability maxed

PA Ret core maxed

Vertical Thrust maxed (for the little times i want that angle for SAPLA, I want it quick)

Main Quick Boost maxed

Side Quick Boost maxed

Turning maxed

If you wanna see the numbers- (uses the first parts listed)

AP-32529

General Firepower-7939

Anti-PA-7835

Range-1000

Ballistic def-9460

EN def-7495

Stability-8472

EN recov-20225

Speed-8489

Duration-1387

Turning-7076

Lock-on-8630

Detect-32

Boosters:

Lahire main and back have good QBs but inefficient regular boost. Since you have a standard OB you don't need a high powered main booster. With lahires movement cost on top of 20k drain you're a sitting duck.

OB- nothing depends on over boost, use judith.

047- 051 and 063 are better.

067- you're better off with one of the 90+ melee ability lasers. 067 is good if you want to fight in the 500-700 range but so are others, which are more effective inside that range.

0203 and sapla are the better choices, yamaga is the worst GL. A GL is kinda pointless without a PA attenuator (MG, AA) to set it up. Bigsioux would benefit from the frames speed and performs similarly to a GL, compared to sapla reload is slower and it weighs more but you get twice the ammo and it works without altitude advantage.

Id rework the weapon set to function better at close range. Assuming you have 0203 and a laser or any of the BFF rifles, you've got mid-range covered for a 1v1. If u wanna run a GL, drop the laser for a machine gun.

Edited by Nescient

After some playing, I think I'm going to switch to Reverse Joint.

They all all have better en recovery and I can quickly jump high up for a grenade shot.

I switched lahire mains to Judith mains, and I'll test around to see what I wanna use to tear PA to setup for the grenade shots

yeah you put in some work with that er0705 RJ. Id try a booster with better forward stats, especially if you're going to stick with a GL. Try latona. The best overall PA breaker option is an MG as they do a good job of pressuring targets to the ground, which is more important than PA attenuation outright due to GLs miserable hit rate. Motorcobra is the obvious standout but recoils enough to interrupt low firing stability arms, Hitman works well with low firing stability/precision. Outside of MGs your best bet is kamal, it isn't as user friendly but can knock down most shields in one hit at close range.

before chat auto-booted me you mentioned replacing the sapla. Travers works but may be too heavy, you can't sacrifice too much internal performance (generator weight). If you can fit something like rifle/hitman+travers/0203 on an 8000+ mobility frame with lahire gen you're off to a good start. If doing so requires more than a few hundred weight tunes Id stick to sapla.

Edited by Nescient

first off, stick to a leg type ad dont change it. if you want to change your leg type, make an entirely different ac and save multiples. the leg type is the single most important deciding factor in how the rest of your ac is going to be built because it dictates just about every part choice on your ac. changing legs to an rj probably means making another topic or adding a part update

now, if you want to keep dusk quad legs, you need to change your boostsrs to aliyah mains because the drain doesnt matter if you stick to the ground. if somehow you still have energy issues, change your mains to latona or your generator to sobrero.

duskaror legs are focused on being aggressive and evasive in the mid-range. youll use your speed and en efficiency to stay away from close things and stay close to far things. you have nice things like being able to have drainy en weapons and being able to use cannons better because of leg stability, but you will eat grenades all day long if you arent careful and you dont have the luxury of altitude to bulldog opponents or to get better angles of attack. dusk sometimes works as a cqc leg type, but it requires more aerial movement, which makes your overall en efficiency (when youre in the sky) a more important factor.

not having a strong standard boost because you have ob is stupid. in both defensive and offensive situations, trying to use ob in the middle of the fight will probably get you killed. ob start up drains PA, and if the opponent has weapons that destroy PA, youll only help them in stripping all of your

PA away and being a defenseless sack of potatoes.

if you actually plan on using your ob, linstant is the top choice. judith ob is for ppl who never touch ob and want low drain and weight.

if you are using quad legs, your gl will be mostly useless. gls are exceptionallly good for air-to-ground shooting, but if you arent in the air or the opponent is in the air, you wont hit dick. some of your options on this ac in particular include: wheeling, 47ansc, phact, kamal, or sirius. they all fill different purposes so youll have to figure out what you want to do witht his ac. wheeling and sc/phact are good general purpose mid- range options while sirius and kamal are made for close range and busting heavier acs. the drain wont matter much because youre a quad and you get free en for being on the ground

the frame and weapon choice you have is suited for mid range combat, so if you want to play more close range youll have to rework both. that should be a separate ac topic or updates post.

change fcs to judith or hogire because i cant remember what lahire fcs does but im pretty sure the missile lock speed isnt as good.

take nes advice on the lasers 67anlr

for tunes, midrange acs dont actually need that much arm mobility. you also wont need vertical thrust if you switch the gl or you switch your mains to aliyah. quads also have insane amounts of turning so you dont need points there either.

missiles means you need to max your missile lock speed. then id throw the other 100pts into horizontal normal thrust and weight cap if you need it after changing sapla. otherwise it should go into KP and pa leg ret.

Ok, I have a build for the quad and I'll update this post in a bit.

Will make new thread for my reverse joint.

Ok, so Zealous is going to be a Reverse Joint AC and I guess I'll post the parts here.

I have named the new quad "Orange Candy", just for those who love orange...

Head-047AN02

Core-Glint

Arms-Glint

Legs-ALICIA

FCS-INBLUE

GN-JUDITH

Main-JUDITH

Back-LAHIRE

Side-HOLOFERNES

OB-LINSTANT

R.Arm-063ANAR

L.Arm-MOTORCOBRA

R.Back-TRAVERS

L.Back-EC-0300

Tuning:

+43 Load cap

EN Output maxed

KP Output maxed

PA Core and Legs maxed

Main Boost maxed

Main and Side QB maxed

Turning maxed

AP-38245

General Firepower-7553

Anti-PA-8746

Range-706

Ballistic Def-8928

En Def-7102

PA Cap-7276

Stability-1927

EN recovery-23609

Speed-7898

Duration-1632

Turning-5380

Lock-on-8428

Detect-73

the thing with RJs is that they are very EN efficient because of their jump ability. basically, you constantly (I MEAN CONSTANTLY) jump up and down while spamming QB to make yourself hard to track at close ranges and to maintain enough EN to use high powered boosters alongside it. this makes them really strong up close, but pretty shitty past midrange.

close range mentality is mostly to dodge everything and stay out of sight rather than being able to tank hits, so your frame choice should be more geared towards mobility than defense.

first thing id consider with the frame is making it a bit lighter by changing the core and arms to something else. soluh or duskaror are good choices, and for arms you can stick with MW arms with ekhazar or 63, or you can shave more weight with any of the LW arms. this will also free up your extension slot for more options

because RJs are pretty EN efficient and already have great vertical movement with RJ jump, you dont really need judith mains unless youre silly or have a very specific build in mind (ive used judith mains on an rj paired with aliyah generator before but i had specific reasons). since youre going the aggressive route, you want to change your main boosters to virtue or aliyah. i strongly recommend virtue, but aliyah are easier to use.

for weapons, you need to change the ec0300 first and foremost. it used to be the most broken weapon in the game in reg 1.0 but now its in competition for being the worst. id consider using dearborns or other VTF missiles, as theyre pretty good for aggressive ACs because they bust PA and do lots of damage. they are also not affected as much by the low downward tracking range of cannons, which makes them great on offensive RJs. then, with your newly-freed extension units, you can put support missiles on your ac for more damage. youd also have to consider a new FCS and some FRS tuning though

from here, its mostly preference and purpose. if you plan on using this ac in 1v1s only, then you can trade out your travers for a sapla or your 63anar for a marve or an ar0700. you might even trade motorcobra for an sg0700. by the time you run out of ammo, either you or your opponent are dead, and these low ammo weapons are much more effective at hitting and dealing damage while also reducing your weight. dropping weapons as you use up all their ammo also gives you extra speed and reduced drain, which is always great for when you need to be aggressive. if you plan on using this ac more in BRs or teams, then the weapons are fine as is, although ive generally had more success with the 102 rifle over the 63anar.

changing the back weapons to somethign lighter will also let you free up some space for core parts with better defensive stats or you can use those load tune points for something more important.

also consider sobrero gen if you plan on killing things faster than they can kill you, since the extra ENO and reduced weight make it a great balls-to-the-wall generator

Edited by Bakuhatsu Pengin

In addition to what nob has to say, I do not recommend INBLUE FCS on RJ legs.

The aggressive RJ play style will have you fluctuating through a wide range of distances. Because of a lack of turning ability and the high speed of the jump, there's a lot of opportunity to lose your target. You'll be able to get away with it versus an AC vastly slower than yours, but as you go against more agile ACs, it'll become harder to keep them within the narrow lock range. I've been away from the game for a while so I don't have an alternate FCS to suggest, though.

Update*

I made changes after some test play and to make this more of a 1v1 type so I'll post the new parts below.

Head-047AN02

Core-SOLUH

Arms-LATONA

Legs-ALICIA

FCS-JUDITH

Generator-SOBRERO or LAHIRE

Main-VIRTUE

Back-LAHIRE

Side-HOLOFERNES

OB-LINSTANT

R.Arm-MR-102

L.Arm-HITMAN

R.Back-SAPLA

L.Back-DEARBORN03

Shoulder-BELTCREEK03

AP-35189

Firepower-8132

Anti-PA-9127

Range-850

Def-6140

EN Def-6062

PA-5149 or 7333

Stability-2372

EN Recovery-26127 or 24906 with LAHIRE

Speed-8373 or 8309 with LAHIRE

Duration-3410 or 1293 with LAHIRE

Turning-5380

Lock-10219

Detect-28

Tunes:

EN output maxed

Lock Speed +25

Missile Lock Speed +17

Core and Leg Ret maxed

Main and Side maxed

Main and Side QB maxed

Turning maxed

Long time ago I remember liking the MR-102 a lot and after seeing that I'm not the only one to like them, I put them back on.

The HITMAN has lower recoil and reloads faster on top of being lighter than the MOTORCOBRA.

The DEARBORN03 and the BELTCREEK03 will run out of ammo at the same time and I get the more effect of two types of missiles.

Please let me know what you guys think on this one here.

I don't usually see sobrero work outside of lightweights and even then they tend to get... overzealous... and choke hard if there PA is damaged. I find capacity more useful for CQC anyway. If you're having trouble managing with lahire use different boosters. The current selection is all QB, which might be a problem if your opponent catches on to your jump timing. Latona back is a better option, lahire isn't powerful enough to pace most main/side combos and mg/rifle is better suited to ranges beyond t-bag distance.... If you were using shotguns, lahire's QB would be of some value as that strategy requires attacking from a distance that makes it easy for targets to break lock in a single QB. Holofernes may not be worth it either as you don't need to chain with virtue, and its terrible thrust values mean that when you do have to flank it will be difficult to manage en. When a target can out DPS you, all that QB power won't make it easy to capitalize a gen-bust or broken PA and generally results in rushes back-firing as anything with decent defense will pull through unless you can really dig into them... Side boosters aren't so rigid, if latona back frees up enough energy to give you some hope of sustaining CQC stick with holo.

Linstant is redundant, judith or AA. Lock tunes seem like a waste. IDK about the PA tunes either...

Arm mobility is a necessity, I'd take energy capacity over any of the above... If it can't fly theres always vert/back thrust. Back QB is also a very good idea as you don't have the defense or turn speed to joust lightweights.

Weapons are all close range-CQC. Might wanna consider some mid-range options, otherwise you're fucked vs mid range lights and close range heavys. Since dearborn and hit man are both good PA breakers I'd sub in an arm laser or a more accurate missile.

Edited by Nescient

I find capacity more useful for CQC anyway. If you're having trouble managing with lahire use different boosters.

Both is useful, but I'd prioritize output over cap. Good CQC is about sticking and flanking, which you need output for. The hardest part about CQC is closing the gap and having a position advantage. High cap, low output leads to bursts of CQC, forcing you to close in over and over again. Honestly I really like the Aaliah/G, but understandably the weight is an issue.

The current selection is all QB, which might be a problem if your opponent catches on to your jump timing. Latona back is a better option, lahire isn't powerful enough to pace most main/side combos and mg/rifle is better suited to ranges beyond t-bag distance.... If you were using shotguns, lahire's QB would be of some value as that strategy requires attacking from a distance that makes it easy for targets to break lock in a single QB. Holofernes may not be worth it either as you don't need to chain with virtue, and its terrible thrust values mean that when you do have to flank it will be difficult to manage en. When a target can out DPS you, all that QB power won't make it easy to capitalize a gen-bust or broken PA and generally results in rushes back-firing as anything with decent defense will pull through unless you can really dig into them... Side boosters aren't so rigid, if latona back frees up enough energy to give you some hope of sustaining CQC stick with holo.

I don't agree with any of this. RJs are all about quickboost power. If you're comfortable with your position-game, you'll know when you're landing vulnerably, which makes it easy to dodge (just side boost to the side before you hit the ground). So hell, go Aaliah back booster too. You should hardly be in a position where you're facing them (i.e. in a position where they can break away with forward quick boosts). Ideal positioning is side to side-back. Back quickboost is just an option to open up range/tracking options so why not have it as strong as possible since RJs are basically free ENO.

Furthermore, among all high performance boosters, I have yet to notice any significant difference as a function of regular boost (save for vertical). AC4/fA is very QB dominant, no one is going to outpace anyone simply because of regular boost.

Weapons are all close range-CQC. Might wanna consider some mid-range options, otherwise you're fucked vs mid range lights and close range heavys. Since dearborn and hit man are both good PA breakers I'd sub in an arm laser or a more accurate missile.

Yeah, I agree with you here, if we're trying for the try-hardest 1-on-1 bot (I'm not sure if that's hoikam's goal). I'm a big fan of Rifle+Wheeling03 combos against lightweights and midweights, It'll do fine against close-range heavies, though honestly MG/Rifle will handle fine because close range heavies turn so poorly. Why suggest laser though when they're generally considered PA-piercing weapons.

~~~

Oh also hoikam, a tip from how I play RJs. RJs have absolutely horrid turning ability so what I do to mitigate that is to heavily stabilize to the left or right. This will augment your ability to quick turn in one direction to some extent. With a solid grasp on Second Stage Quick Boosting, you can quick turn 180 degrees--huge for CQC. Admittedly, this does open up a blindspot on the other direction, but I have yet to run into anyone that was able to abuse that weakness.

lol aaliyah/b... no. If you plan to use it as a heavy counter maby, otherwise you've got to make up for virtues drain somewhere. Lahire sides would be a better investment.

Furthermore, among all high performance boosters, I have yet to notice any significant difference as a function of regular boost (save for vertical). AC4/fA is very QB dominant, no one is going to outpace anyone simply because of regular boost.

I notice side thrust. The mid-range pressure setups (DR, missile boats) are particularly susceptible to thrust only dodging.

Edited by Nescient

It's an RJ, there's no drain to "make up." You'd have to try to make an RJ where you couldn't manage the EN.

You'll also have to explain "mid-range pressure" more because DR isn't pressure to me at all. It's one of the most passive and straight-forward weapon combos:

A) You have more AP, and more (or equal) range -> Engage in battle of attrition

B) You have less AP, and less range -> Hope you have more agility and be aggressive.

Missile boat I can see maybe. Just spamming missiles isn't going to hit jack. Missile fly-bys definitely (but I'm not sure if that's necessarily "mid-range"). Admittedly, missile dodging does work best with only regular boost, but again, there's no thrust threshold for being able to dodge missiles.

Edited by wktk

I think I'm going to stick with Holofernes as my side boosters, the QB cost is low and the duration is great as opposed to the LAHIRE.

Back Latona feels good, this AC shouldn't be using back boosters that much anyways with the weapons I'm using now.

On that note, weapon changes:

R.arm-ER-0200

L.arm-HITMAN

R.back-BIGSIOUX

L.back-DEARBORN03

Shoulder-NEMAHA01

And OB is Judith now, tunes adjusted as well

Goal is to QB fly by with the Bigsioux, PA bust along the way, chase them down while they try to avoid the missile. Dearborn is there to mix up the missile types against flare users so I don't waste the Bigsioux as much.

I wanted an EN weapon of some kind cause the velocity is generally higher than ballistic weapons, which I feel grants me more hits, so I went with the ER-200, but lemme know if there's a better one to pick for this build

the only pressure dual rifle setup is dual marve and that setup typically sucks

dual rifles are just a way of maintaining an AP lead while dodging everything that comes your way, and the low equip requirements lend themselves to that

if you want to QB joust with bigsioux, you better be good at chain SSQB jousting. otherwise, bigsioux doesnt get enough of a velocity boost to make it worth using. if you cant SSQB, you need to OB joust with them (which means you need linstant OB again).

nemaha isnt really that worthwhile over the other missile extensions because of its low ammo. id just stick to beltcreeks so you can use them for bigsioux and have some left over for VTFs.

id also swap your missiles around so that youll be able to use your hitman with your VTFs. they have more synergy together than lasers and VTFs (unless you need a stronger mid-range setup).

• 2 months later...