Last Raven Portable PvP/PvE Teaser

Irregular Raven

Small, but growing. Once I can get access to the dedicated servers again, I'll post a multiplayer setup guide and start doing rumble rooms and challenge matches with some of the other players, then post the video results.

Here's also a video using custom shaders and OpenGL instead of Direct3D.

If you want in, you should keep up on reddit, twitter, or the ACG board on 4chan, not here.

Edited by Irregular Raven

If you want in, you should keep up on reddit, twitter, or the ACG board on 4chan, not here.

How do you coordinate anything over Twitter? And /acg/ looks like it's for Animal Crossing.

Who's in charge of the subreddit? I recognize South but no one else. Whoever manages the theme needs to get rid of the custom mouse.

Those are the places I will keep up to date with new videos, I won't be posting every new video on this board, because it doesn't seem like there are many active players here and it's mostly non-AC discussion.

I'll check in occasionally with important videos or to check PMs, but if you want to see new videos or reach me quickly, go to those places.

Edited by Irregular Raven

• 2 weeks later...

I did check out the AC Reddit page one day, and it really isn't all that active; about half the topics are from one guy who puts up youtube videos of people's requested ACs in Last Raven, which is cool I guess.

Still haven't seen any actual PvP vids of Last Raven portable.

Another Joe Shmoe talking about the next big thing for the AC community turning out to be a bust. What's new?

I think it's 'cuz he wants people to come to him.

Little does he know how fat we truly are. Go to a different website? Too much effort.

No Armored Core 6 = No reasons for more activity

Yeah? Or no...

custom shaders

Btw, what are differences in graphics between ps2 and psp version? I noticed that LRp has a bit simpler lighting system (no shadows in garage, a bit simpler light from booster, AC's shadow isnt blurred etc.), slightly less details on textures and models; yet i impressed how overall they kept many things like electricity sparks on your damaged legs, traces from your legs on ground, that motion-blur red light from some head parts, that beautiful sky with clouds in some missions etc., and it works pretty good on PSP, i mean stable framerate.

edit:

I noticed you use song from ACV in trailer? It's up to you, of course (btw, nice trailer ^_^), but...

..ah, *sigh*.

Dammit, i'm tired that so many people dislike Last Raven's music. For me, it's most badass soundtrack in series, though i guess i like nearly all AC osts, also because kinda every AC game has different style/mood in music (i may say i prefer Master of Arena, Nexus, Verdict Day and LR over others but really every game has awesome tunes even Ninebreaker and Formula Front). I guess that the reason of people not liking LR ost is because they dont listen to such music, well. Well, i'm opposite - i "eat Aphex Twin for breakfast" if you can say, and for me it was freaking revelation how lr music is so crazy a$$ idm-techno. My fav tracks would be Telecast (such an awesome beat building up and hyping while you listen), Falling Device (oh, that bass), I'll Talk You (meditation, kinda) and Six (now the battle begins...).

[of course i'm just a n00b who still need to finish AC1 not speaking of LR, i m just crazy over videogame osts for quite some years, and anyway why not, it's the music which got me interested into acs in first place)

Edited by qishmish

I'm a dark orchestral type of guy, so AC3-ACSL get my nod.

As far as grahpics, the biggest changes from the full ps2 version to the portable version is halving the framerate to 30 from 60, and halving the resolution to like 270p from 480p.