Hidetaka Miyazaki wants to do another Armored Core

• 3 months later...

http://kotaku.com/miyazaki-gives-clear-answers-on-the-future-of-dark-soul-1786887531

important parts:

Miyazaki was asked what he thought about how Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls have created their own subgenre and how other titles appear heavily influenced by Souls series to the point where the games’ basic mechanics seem to appear in other games.

“I don’t really think that way,” he said. “I don’t think how we’ve created a new genre.” If anything, he said, he feels proud that Dark Souls has probably made it easier for similar titles to come out. “There were other developers who probably wanted to make games like this,” Miyazaki said. “If I’ve created the environment for those games to be released, then I’m honored.”

Souls games have been wildly influential, shout out to them for finally getting the attention and respect they deserved

FROM are visionaries, even if they are assholes and fuck around too much with AC

Currently, From Software is working on a couple titles that, as Miyazaki said, are “not just dark fantasy and mecha.” (Though it does sound like they are making a title that should please Dark Souls fans.) One of the games they are developing is “a little weird,” Miyazaki said.

*intrigued business fish*

When Famitsu asked what kind of game he’d like to make, Miyazaki replied, “There are lots of games I’d like to make. I’ve said this before, but I’d really like to make a ‘warm’ game. Something like Popolocrois or ICO.” Miyazaki added, “Also, this is a bit of a dream, but I’d like to make some kind of analog game. Something like a board game, a card game, or a tabletop RPG.”

*intrigued business fish*

The most obvious question, then, was whether or not From Software was making a new entry in its long-running mecha series. I asked if they were making a new Armored Core to which he replied, “We are making a new Armored Core. We are still in the early stages of development.” I asked how early, and Miyazaki replied, “I can’t talk about how early it is.”

so a new AC is in the pipeline at least

if it gets back to what made it great that'd be cool otherwise

fuck AC