Another Age's Story?

Moodydata

Hey guys and girls,

Just wanted to ask what may be a simple question for some of you, but I would like to know , In AC2AA what roles do Zio, Emeraude and Balena play in the developing story line, and how does it all end?

I have not actually ever played the game myself, and do not have the ability to play it any time soon, so I was wondering if anyone can fill me in , as I have tried checking youtube and that did not work either, that and wikipedia is crap, it just gives a summary of the upgrades in the game.

This would be majory handy if anyone could answer this in detail about the ending and what happens to each of the corperations.

Thanks a bunch

-Dave

I believe that the storyline is something like....

The Indies terrorists attack the new Earth Government. The companies vie for power with each other with no major storyline tie in. Then some rogue Ravens who despise the Earth Government attack it as well. You're basically a random person with an AC who completes missions for money. Just about the only AC game ever to really symbolize the roll of a Raven so well!

I honestly can only barely remember AC2:AA. I can only think of a few people who might really remember the storyline. LCC, LS, Hollywood. That's about it, though.

• 1 month later...

AC2AA doesn't do much in the way of plot development. It's basically a long series of little subplots, with some lasting the entire game and just unraveling very slowly. The only one that really stands out is Balena being (indirectly) revealed as the Indies' financial backing. They also unleash a Massive MT to wreck everyone's shit, but that's the closest that particular arc comes to resolution.

I'm fairly certain there was some implication as to who Antares (the depressingly fucking underwhelming final boss) was as well, but beyond that, there isn't much to it. There's also a surprise appearance by a rogue mass produced Nineball unit from MoA, which is undoubtedly the coolest fucking moment in the whole game.

Edited by Sir_Altair

Niji pretty much explained it. She left out the final step in which after completing the huge array of missions in that game, thus proving that you are, in fact, the hottest fucking shit around, the government contracts you to rape copies of Stinger, Phantasma and Nine Ball Seraph. Then they kill your ass because you know too much or something like that.

It basically follows the same story line as every AC game ever:

You pilot a roving death machine > three corporations, one that makes futuristic parts that fire lasers, one that makes blocky parts that fire bullets and one much smaller corporation that seems to have a monopoly on useless shit are all chomping at the bit to pay you obscene amounts of money to prove why an AC is a roving death machine > some small faction of Ravens/MT pilots/political zealots fuck everything up > everyone is pissed > you get paid to kill them > some big shit that isn't really explained goes down > lots of people you don't know die because of something you don't quite understand > you receive a dubious mission request from a dubious source > you accept > you're dropped into some weird ass place in Bumfuck, Egypt where you discover a giant structure filled with doomsday technology > (sometimes this is the point when a character you thought was human is revealed to actually be an AI) > you fight some really cool looking robot that's way more advanced than you > credits roll > noobs post on GameFAQs demanding to know how to acquire the final boss's parts.

Niji pretty much explained it. She left out the final step in which after completing the huge array of missions in that game, thus proving that you are, in fact, the hottest fucking shit around, the government contracts you to rape copies of Stinger, Phantasma and Nine Ball Seraph. Then they kill your ass because you know too much or something like that.

You pilot a roving death machine > three corporations, one that makes futuristic parts that fire lasers, one that makes blocky parts that fire bullets and one much smaller corporation that seems to have a monopoly on useless shit are all chomping at the bit to pay you obscene amounts of money to prove why an AC is a roving death machine > some small faction of Ravens/MT pilots/political zealots fuck everything up > everyone is pissed > you get paid to kill them > some big shit that isn't really explained goes down > lots of people you don't know die because of something you don't quite understand > you receive a dubious mission request from a dubious source > you accept > you're dropped into some weird ass place in Bumfuck, Egypt where you discover a giant structure filled with doomsday technology > (sometimes this is the point when a character you thought was human is revealed to actually be an AI) > you fight some really cool looking robot that's way more advanced than you > credits roll > noobs post on GameFAQs demanding to know how to acquire the final boss's parts.

I'm pretty sure the Lost Field was non-canon. At best, if they really wanted to press it, I suppose From could argue that it's a facility similar to the Internecine in LR. Still, I don't see why the hell they'd do that.

You pilot a roving death machine

> three corporations, one that makes futuristic parts that fire lasers, one that makes blocky parts that fire bullets and one much smaller corporation that seems to have a monopoly on useless shit are all chomping at the bit to pay you obscene amounts of money to prove why an AC is a roving death machine

> some small faction of Ravens/MT pilots/political zealots fuck everything up

> everyone is pissed

> you get paid to kill them

> some big shit that isn't really explained goes down

> lots of people you don't know die because of something you don't quite understand

> you receive a dubious mission request from a dubious source

> you accept

> you're dropped into some weird ass place in Bumfuck, Egypt where you discover a giant structure filled with doomsday technology

> (sometimes this is the point when a character you thought was human is revealed to actually be an AI)

> you fight some really cool looking robot that's way more advanced than you

> credits roll

> noobs post on GameFAQs demanding to know how to acquire the final boss's parts.

Why is this true?

• 2 months later...

Raven... you seek the truth? What will you do with it? Where will you take humanity with it? All that is before you, these people, this race, it continues on because of me! I am the organizations, the balance, the God of this world! Why must you go against this order? You have faith otherwise in your people?

AA is another Great Destruction akin the plot of AC1 -> MoA. Rehash continuation of the same crap. The truth:

This post is potentially one gigantic spoiler. Read at your own risk.

You have been warned.

Now I'm just filling up space so you don't accidentally see something and swear horrible, bloody revenge upon me.

Lah lah lah. Did I mention spoilers? Please turn back now if you do not wish spoiling.

Seriously, last chance.

As I recall from some posts which were either on the Agetec Board, Core Depot, or the progenitor of Core Depot:

According to supplemental material available in Japan and the Japanese versions of the games, it's hinted that the Great Destruction was never what everyone though it was, and that PLUS/Cyborg technology is directly related to your "AI" opponents and their mission to keep humanity destabilized enough to prevent them from spreading across to other planets once again. Unless that whole really long thread with some ridiculous number of posts by repsectable people was entirely a load a hooey, the whole ordeal went something like this:

Mankind used to have spanned the stars and had colonized other planets in other solar systems. They were definitely more powerful than they are in Armored Core. At some point during this expansion, Humankind did something terrible. I believe they met, warred upon, and extincted an alien species. As a result, an insanely powerful "overseer" alien life form punished mankind with near-annihilation. The survivors that were sealed underground wound up with overseeing "terminals" whose purpose was to allow the species to continue to exist but never again be able to attain the power that they once had. These units preferred not to be noticed and therefore resort to the shadowy techniques we've seen in the games: using supertechnology with small puppet organizations to topple or take over the most powerful and well-organized groups (like the top corporations). This is why the power structures in Armored Core seem to come apart so readily once they reach that certain point where they should finally come out on top.

PLUS (known as "reinforced human" or "cyborg" in Japanese) grants you extra powers because it links/joins you to this alien superbeing ... at the expense of your indivdual will. This is why your to nemeses in the AC games have all had PLUS, and all seem to be controlled by/want the same thing as the terminals. For example, the 3-4 nameless Hustler-One's you kill during the game, and Lana Neilson (your operator at the Raven's Nest who pilots a Nineball against you in the final stage), were all human at one point but eventually consumed through their PLUS. Klein being a "cyborg" or having artifical body parts was really a mistranslation of him being PLUS. Notice that his lines during and after the final confrontation are very similar in meaning to what the terminal in AC1 & MOA say. I also remember reading that the view you have of the moon blowing up during the ending is meant to be your perspective -- as you're absorbed by the super-being. Also note that creepy mission in AC1 where you have to kill the PLUS escapee. His final words aren't just nonsense. Phantasma is also related, a kind of "super PLUS" that was supposed to allow communication/manifestation with/by this mysterious-being. The "super rainbow disco ball laser attack" is supposedly not an attack at all, but an imperfect message or appearance from the super-alien. Stinger's lines about "burning" while in Phantasma were said to have referred to what he experienced in his mind, not the Phatasma machine (which had been on fire long enough by that point that the remark is just plain odd). Another oddity is that the "Justice" cannon that everyone believed caused the Great Destruction was apparently neither a weapon nor pointed at Earth. It was said to have actually been a giant shield generator that was a last-ditch effort to save Earth. The only reason the game ends if you fail, AFAIK, is to veil the truth from the players.

AC through AA definitely take place on Earth, we know this because of such things as being able to visit Earth's Moon, Mars, etc. However, humanity did live upon other planets during their "peak" and it was never specified that humankind was wiped out everywhere other than Earth. With all the hints in AC3, it's seems likely that there were human survivors on other worlds and the world of AC3 is not Earth.

+Internets for saving the Klein damned H1 Controller Chat from way back in 2004... wh00tz!

Edited by ChaosApostle

No idea, but at the time we had a few Agetec insiders who had the pamphlets for the Jap versions... and I still can't understand why they'd decide to entirely hide the information from us, unless it was similar to how SEGA Japan was scared of SEGA US taking their pride. I mean, if you open the HTML file, you'll notice the mention Cocophanus, who they were saying hinted a lot on similar story, but never mentioned it outright, as if they were never allowed to give us the actual details, or were playing out a mind fuck.

I do not have access to the 10 Works Files, nor can I read KANJI to translate the book. I think I know what you're talking about. I've rarely seen scans pop up of it though, usually 1-4 pages.

• 1 month later...