Armored Core for Answer FAQ

Magnus

Spoilers may follow.

Can you make me a NEXT?

No. You have a brain. Use it.

What weapons are good?/What do you recommend for missions?

Regulation 1.00, missiles. Saline05s especially. They will wreck anything and everything.

Regulation 1.20, blades. You seriously can do anything you want with these things. But don't get obsessed.

Regulation 1.30, sniper cannons. I'd like to see these slow husks dodge anything like that.

How can I see what stats mean?

Press the Back button to see a detailing of what each stat represents, or grab a dictionary.

How do stabilizers work?

On the Y axis, a negative will allow you to lean further in and boost faster somewhat, but much slower when trying to backpedal. A positive will be vice versa.

On the X axis, stabilizing negative will allow you to boost to the right better, and turn left faster, but makes the opposites harder. Again, vice versa for positive.

How do I get to do (so-and-so) mission?

Take a look.

How do I beat Occupation of Alteria Carpals?

The man way, 1.2 blades go go, or the Kojima way.

How do I unlock White Glint?

Kill him for his weapons, protect him for his frame, slap him up in the arena for his schematic.

What does PA mean?

Primal Armor. Don't ask how, it's automatic. It's the glowing bubble defense around you. If it takes hits, its power depletes.

What does AA mean?

Assault Armor. I'm not explaining how to do it because you're forced to go through a tutorial on how to use it, anyway.

Why isn't my Assault Armor working?

You need an Assault Overed Boost part, instead of a basic.

What are FRS?

FRS are tuning options to increase stats of so and so parts and what of them specifically, but not weapons. You can add them to one bar, and later remove them if you want. Easy recycling. There's only 442 FRS, so try and S-Rank all of your missions.

Is there a teleport part? Bladers online keep doing it all around.

No. It's lag, and they're using added boosters, on a regulation made for extreme blading, 1.2. Thankfully, 1.3 is out now.

How about a parts list?

Link vanished, sorry.

My FCS stops working sometimes, and I get stuck with a bunch of lines instead...

That's manual aim. You activate it by holding down the left thumbstick. Do it again to switch back to automatic.

If your FCS just stopped working, you probably just got raped by a parry blade or an AA blast.

How do I beat (so-and-so)'s NEXT?

1.2, BLADES, GO GO.

How do I beat two NEXTs?

1.2, BLADES, GO GO.

Three?

Refer above.

FOUR!?

Refer above again.

FIVE!?!?

Shut up, damn.

How do I beat NEXTs that fly in dramatically with Overed Boost?

... Kojima Cannon. Idiot.

Who pilots White Glint?

Your character from AC4, or AC4's Protaginist. Not Fiona. Fiona is the operator. There is a difference between pilot and operator.

I'm not getting all the NEXTs for Order Matches. Why?

There are two sets of Order Matches. Collared is open by default, ORCA is only obtainable by joining ORCA.

You can also kill Lynx in missions before you actually get to their Order Match, and throw things out of order, so you just move onto the next guy and then have to fight the one you killed in Free Play later.

How do I join ORCA?

Take another look.

How do I beat the Answerer?

There are two ways. One, get a laser blade and a regular blade. Slash the stabilizers, and punch the vertical missile launchers. Avoid the AA, and make sure you pay attention for the warning.

Two, get underneath it, directly underneath the connection of the pike to the main part, making sure to avoid the AA, and go as high as you can. Kiku Punch the very top. And remember, high up as you can underneath it.

Are Thermidor and Odstarva the same person?

Yes.

What do you get for an SS-Rank?

S'ing all the Normal missions gives you a little birdie head top stabilizer. S'ing all the Hard missions, an eagle head top stabilizer, and the Nineball emblem.

I'm not Japanese, but I imported, because I'm a huge fan, but that's when I realized I wasn't Japanese... Could you help?

No.

Edited by Obscure

• 1 year later...