Armored Core 5 Discussion

Lenin

Niji, look from your current video post, it seems like when toggle scan mode, it couldn't do any attacking except stomping right?

I think it makes sense, in some way. You can't attack at all in Scan Mode probably due to your AI deactivating your AC's combat systems, making your EN regen rate faster.

Edited by Goat

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider my pants messed.

Anyway, I can see myself developing a fetish for those pulse guns, which shoot in a spread shot. So brutal at close range :3

It's going to take some work getting used to the evasion and positioning in this game. To me it feels as if the weapons have maintained AC4's velocity and ferocity, while movement has been dumbed down. I really feel like I need to play some LR to figure out how to flank again, even against the AI :)

Edited by Sandra Bullock

Consider my pants messed.

Anyway, I can see myself developing a fetish for those pulse guns, which shoot in a spread shot. So brutal at close range :3

It's going to take some work getting used to the evasion and positioning in this game. To me it feels as if the weapons have maintained AC4's velocity and ferocity, while movement has been dumbed down. I really feel like I need to play some LR to figure out how to flank again, even against the AI :)

Sup Pulse Gun brother. ;)

Tell me you use LW RJ with them and I'll love you forever.

P.S. Use the highest CE defense arm, the one with 2900 AP. Accuracy is highest of all arms in the demo. At least, highest in the current info we're given from Niji's part list.

Touche.

Also, what is up with the LW RJs having such high drain? :)

You're probably using the wrong Generator and Booster setup. The high EN capacity generator (last bottom generator) is a must for any AC that concentrates on moving, not so much needed for Quads I guess but I don't see why you'd swap the gen out except for more weight? For RJ, high accel type cuz your speed starts very fast unlike high power booster which starts slow then super fast. It's not really needed for a RJ. You'd be quick boosting most of the time anyways. You concentrate on getting to places faster than others, so you need high accel. I reccommend the 2nd as it has the lowest EN drain and the 1st high accel booster only has marginal booster output for less stats overall. High power booster drains alot of EN, that's your problem I suppose.

Edit: I was wrong. Higher difference between EN output limit of a generator and the EN of your AC means faster EN recovery. From now on, take my advice with a grain of salt. All of you. Sorry for confusing you guys like that.

Edited by Fenrawr

Yea, I agree on that. It's weird how LW Bipeds are the lower drain now. Wth is up with that. And yes, lower even with same weight as a RJ. I still love my RJ though. Speed and in your face weapons... Aah nothing better than that. The adrealine... the wind blowing in your ACs face... Dat speed... Dat power of dual shotguns and pulse guns!! *cums*

So here's my current experimental build:

Midweight biped with gatling gun, laser blade, heat howitzer, spread missiles and battle rifle. i'll tell you something, I miss the older machine guns that looked like the MWG-MG-800, but this gatling gun gives just as much a punch, if not more. And the blade animation is ORGASMIC.

I really can't wait for this to get released, once they fix all the minor bugs and stuff.