Profile Information

Is it possible to extend the character limit on the website (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, DA, etc.) portion so you can post actual links to those sites instead of just appended usernames? It feels like that would be a deterrent to the lazy (like me!) to actually visit those sites. I know I'd much rather click a link that takes me directly to that dude's (or dudette's) website than have to paste a username at the end of a URL.

Thanks, snookums.

• 4 weeks later...

Yah, turns out that without some heavy modification I can't do that for actual profile pages. The interesting thing is that I can do that for the section under your avatar for every post you make. Kinda funky, and not really ideal since that would mean displaying a lot of stuff there. I might look into a way of fixing this, but since I'll be upgrading to IPB 3.1 in January of next year I don't think I'll be doing it.

As of right now, you're best bet is to just list your user ID's for those networking sites. You can check my profile for an example of what that looks like. It still doesn't solve the problem you were referencing, though. Haha.

Sorry Ninety, but you'll probably have to wait 6 months for that fix.

• 1 year later...

I updated the profile pages in all of our skins to autolink to your account on the given website (DeviantART, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) once you enter your username/ID into the field. I went ahead and just did it by hand in the html for each skin, since there seems to be no natural setting for it in 3.2.

Your wish has come true, albeit late.