Inside | Extension | R Back | L Back

MWI-DD/10 | CWEM-R20 | MWC-OC/15 | -N/A-

R Arm | L Arm

MWGG-XCG/20 | KWG-HZL50

Optional Parts:

OP-S-SCR | OP-E/SCR | OP-LFCS++ | OP-L/TRN | OP-SP/E++ | OP-E/RTE

--------------------------------------------------

Description:

RJ AC with close to heavyweight AP/defense, close to lightweight agility and OB speed when orbits/extensions are dropped, and a true heavyweight caliber cannon on its right arm. Start match off by spamming off orbits and extensions, then drop for good speed/drain boost. Spend the rest of the match poking, punishing, lurking or jousting with XCG/20. Howitzer is multi-ranged, can be used for long range harass or close range damage in conjunction with plasma rifle.

Edited by Mom

MLB-MX/004 use to be my primary RJ and I know it can take more weight than that. I don't have a copy of SL handy but I have two sets of recommendations.

#1 - Remove SM36 in favor of OC15 and S40. S40 is simply more powerful and accurate than S40 if my memory serves me well. You should have just about enough weight to carry OC15 for the OC15/R20 spam.

#2 - If your intentions were to keep things light, take out FLEET for UN8, R20 for R24, and SM36 for S40. UN8 is the best booster in SL in my opinion because it almost as fast as FLEET but has a great boost/drain ratio. R24 is more accurate and can last longer as long range pokes. R20 is only accurate at mid range and was really meant to be used as an explosive start in a match. If you are using the R20 for the explosive start, you may use the R36 and spam until you are satisfied and dump it.

During the design contest, I could have sworn I saw either the XCG20E or XCG40E. But yeah, XCG20 is probably the best plasma rifle. Plasma rifles were a lot better in AC3 though.

Edited by Wong

#1 - Remove SM36 in favor of OC15 and S40. S40 is simply more powerful and accurate than S40 if my memory serves me well. You should have just about enough weight to carry OC15 for the OC15/R20 spam.

That's not true in the least. They have the same attack power. sm36/1 is fantastic, as well.

I'm with Wong, otherwise. I think I'd run oc15/r20 here just so that you can focus on speed and aim once the match gets going and your backmounts are done. Also, tbh, I always liked r24 with sm36/1. It would also most likely make more sense, here. I'm noticing a couple of LR design trends on this bot (as well as in that SL ACDC) that don't really apply in SL.

As for booster suggestions, idk. I'd prolly just stick to fleet or possibly un8. It's up to you, really. That's a very player-specific choice.

During the design contest, I could have sworn I saw either the XCG20E or XCG40E. But yeah, XCG20 is probably the best plasma rifle. Plasma rifles were a lot better in AC3 though.

Plasma rifles didn't get worse in SL. Client lag did. :P

OC15/R20 is a great option, and would probably make this work way better. Sadly for my personal controller setup, I wouldn't be able to drop OC15 once I'm done with it. The AC is pretty fast after an OC15/R20 drop tho.

I personally have never liked UN8 in Silent Line, and I think Mare/Gull/OO2 are other boosters to consider above it. I just figure I'd rather take the extra bit of drain for the extra bit of speed, and rely on more proper energy management.

On a more competitive note, if I ran oc15/r20 drop, and had 003 head/tin arms and un8 booster, I'd be getting 3580 defense with same speed as the current setup with extensions dropped. Energy feels about the same as well, because un8 drains a bit less.

XCG20 is king of plasma rifles in AC3/SL I think. XCG/10 doesn't really have the total killpower, and XCG/20e doesn't have the damage-race potential or total killpower. They're all 3 pretty same in terms of accuracy. XCG/10 is minutely faster, but has wonky tracking. XCG20/E is faster. XCG/20's accuracy is pretty underrated, because its true projectile radius is like twice of its animated projectile radius. That gun will constantly hit the air around an AC, and still damage the AC.

Edited by TMRaven

I'm not a fan of WS3 on this design, or a fan of square lockboxes in general. SRA02 still gives superior horizontal coverage, while the added range could be a bit of a bonus for bigger maps like military district to spam and drop orbits sooner.

Plus, the lockbox size differential isn't all that big. (138 sq inches for SRA02 vs 148 sq inches for WS3)

However, if you were to run it yourself, you might consider WS3.

R24 for sure. Don't bother changing the FCS if you switch to R24. The range can help. If you don't switch to R24 I would probably switch to WS-3, though. You're more likely to be firing XCG/20 from a joust then and WS-3's bigger box will help with that. Especially since you can rise as you OB at them due to WS-3's taller box. Range isn't so important then, either, unless you set up every joust with a redlock beforehand from behind cover. Haha.

Change the XCG/20 to MG-800.

Nah the jousts don't work like that on this AC. You utilize the wide box of the SRA02 and feint on the ground as you're OBing. Utilize OB slide that was present in silent line at the time to both conserve energy after OB and help you get a better angle. XCG20 is more accurate when fired from ground up, because they give you a bigger hitbox.

If you spend too much air time with this AC, you're gonna get urself murdered, but it's pretty damn mobile from the ground up (OB slides, OB jumps, RJ jumps and boost hops)

Another option on this AC would be to use WS3's only slightly bigger lockbox and ditch FCS++ for the optional part that reduces energy weapon firing consumption. Then you can put on Fleet for a slight boost in agility. In most cases, Keeping FCS++ on with SRA02 is a way safer bet for jousting tho.

Edited by TMRaven

The builder is showing your arms as being overweight. Is that an error? If not, it's one more reason to go back to stealth missiles and R/24. I don't like the orbits at all on this AC, as it already struggles with lightweights more than any other leg type (except possibly quads, which tend towards high energy defense, spend a lot of time on the ground, and always pack high-heat and/or energy weapons). I quite liked the pairing of stealth missiles and plasma rifle on the contest version; that was the combo that interested me most about the AC. It made me want to go make a version with high acts. Anyway, going down to the stealth missiles and R24 gives you the weight to fit BEE, which would give you a pretty interesting - and actually not completely shitty - frame.

008 core would probably be a better choice than BEE with the weight from that change, but I understand if you want to keep RAY for the OB power with a weapon set like this. I'm usually not a fan of BEE/RAY or RAY/TIN, but this is a rare AC in that it could use both at once and not be blatantly retarded. DD/20 also fits if you go stealthmissiles/R24, but unfortunately does not fit with BEE. Fits with 008 core and YIV/A10 (or 005/A10 if you feel like taking that opportunity to increase the goofiness of your frame to make up for the loss of RAY: but would probably be better to get a stronger rad with the weight if you're using 008 core), though. 008 core also lets you fit STAB, which I just cringe not to see, even though I can't remember 004's stability.

Basically, just go down to stealth/R24, and upgrade non-weapon things with the weight.

What does the overweight matter? He's dropping almost immediately.

I don't like the orbits at all on this AC, as it already struggles with lightweights more than any other leg type (except possibly quads, which tend towards high energy defense, spend a lot of time on the ground, and always pack high-heat and/or energy weapons).

Wait, what? What are you basing this claim on? I've never seen that be the case.

I'll humor you for a moment. Let's say these legs have a problem with lightweights. He starts with the AP advantage on nearly any lightweight he'll ever have to face. What's the bulkiest light he'll run into? 8.3k? He has no reason to give chase in the opening of the match...which leads to the next point. oc15+r20 is great with this build because you can spam it off really early, toss it, then focus exclusively on landing hits with your gun and not getting merc'd (I made a career out of this). All he has to do is stand back and let the opponent come in and try to kill him. The whole time he gets to aim his relations and harass the lightweight into continuous movement. If he feels like being cheeky, he can start shelling the bastard with howie rounds, too. They probably won't hit on oc lock but who cares when you have 50 hzl rounds? After that he gets to fuck whoever up with 20 rounds of plasma.

What is the difference with him using orbits here than with me having used them at MOC4? The mini-k isn't significantly more accurate (this isn't NX-LR, afterall), and this doesn't seem to be much slower than my tourney bot. It has less AP and it is slower, sure, but it has one of the scariest one-hit guns in the game and one of the most spammable guns in the game, all on a low-drain frame with Ray's OB.

AC3 had much smaller maps and less cover, and yet my boy Franko took 4th or 5th place at MOC3 with a slower bot using oc15+r20 w/ xcg20+hzl50. The same guy used the same legs at MOC4 and got the same place, without OB. I don't think he ever felt like he had a problem with lightweights in general. He did get knocked out by two lightweights, but one of them was because his opponent was a superior player (Watcher), and the other was because he got annoyed with his opponent and decided to play stupid (Blue Boy).

Basically, just go down to stealth/R24, and upgrade non-weapon things with the weight.

I'm a bit surprised you didn't recommend srfl50, instead. It'd accomplish the same thing without altering the combat style he wanted to employ with this machine.

There's nothing really too shitty about the frame. 004 legs are the best RJs in the game, and are chosen here for low drain and high jumping ability. Tin arms are tin arms-- nothing really much more to say about them. Ray/tin is a slightly less meaty 008/eas with faster OB speed. 008 head is chosen over 004/skyeye because of its unique combination of low drain/high ap and high shell, it finds a nice niche for this design. Your suggested use of stealth missiles on back with bee/008/hadro would render this AC really slow. The only thing SA77 would do for this AC is add un-needed weight and drain. The point of the matter is, the stuff in Silent Line that overheats you will overheat you anyways, and the extra emergency cooling of the SA77 isn't worth those sacrifices. SA77 does have a place, but only for most tank ACs, whose mobility is literally nothing but OB. SA77 could be likened to G84P in last raven. On paper, G84P is a monster of a generator, but it has no practical use in actual practice, spare for a couple possible niches.

Having STAB would be a bonus, but really the AC's current weakest link is its energy supply. XCG20 drains energy really fast even with a low drain frame. The best option would be to replace the FCS+ optional for the optional that means less energy weapon firing drain, and either clpu or stab.

By the way TM, I am going to steal that frame. The more I look at it, the sexier it becomes. And yeah, the 004 leg is a beast.

The only thing I would recommend at this point is to have the stock missile on the other side as an extra tool to harass your opponent. Also, for the sake of argument, you run out of ammo for XCG20, at least you could dump it and have the stock missile to lock on for your howies rather than lugging a high weight and energy weapon around with no ammo.

An example of stock missile harassment:

It is actually quite effective.