Making ACs a Reality

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Read the thread.

tl;dr, No

I've read you're posts in the first two pages, and you're not adding anything.

I understand that a tank, basically a gun sticking out of an armored box, could hit any part of a mech and that mech would have all sorts of problems. A modern F-22 would just swoop by and pop the overly expensive, slow and complicated AC. Too many moving parts, not aerodynamic, ect. Anyone who doesn't get that has got to be a fool. I understood that from the onset.

Yes, I stepped into this thread knowing that mecha would never be practical as a weapon of war, and what a warm welcome I get for entertaining a hypothetical question. Pardon me, Lord Ferg, for tresspassing on your most holy ground.

I even agree that modern weapons are superior and that the giant mech is extremely impractical, but these one-word responses and repetitive insults make participation impossible around here.

If I have to plod through posts like yours to find good content in this thread, then you can shove this thread up your ass.

Fine. You wanna get something out of this thread then ignore every post except exorcet's, mike's (YUNG EPSOM SALTS), and I think Elton (Carlos Danger Ranger or something) weighed in a couple times. They're all engineers and Mike and exorcet are aero engineers (I don't remember Elton's focus) so they know wtf they're talking about.

Thing is raor (turd ferguson) was in the military for like a million years so he's also got first-hand experience with a lot of these weapons platforms so his opinion isn't just getting pulled out of his ass either.

He sounds hostile cuz you're like the 4th or 5th person to try and bring this argument up from the dead despite the overwhelming evidence that it's not even worth considering as anything more than fantasy.

YEAH LIKE THIS BUT WITH THE LAME ASS ROBOT

http://youtu.be/NCB5R-AC980

DRUNK MIDDLE-AGE WOMEN IN THE MORNING ARE HILARIOUS

FUCK YOUR MUG, YOU PUNK BITCH

Also this video is still OTG

nah, because you weren't in the thread before that post. I couldn't have been talking to you cuz you weren't there yet. For all I know you're Einstein reincarnated. My point still stands though. I'll make it more obvious:

There's nothing left to discuss here because anything worth saying has been said already until anyone is ready to show research projects/calculations/etc.

Why do you think the thread has so much sarcasm and trolling in it? Because tech talk runs into a wall really fast here, especially with our brave OP and his Greek letters.

People said good stuff all through the thread. I'm also saying there was plenty of constructive critique. Just because you haven't looked, and maybe don't plan to, doesn't mean it's not there. Cmon man you keep demanding I be respectful but you can't even show me the courtesy of looking at what I (and others) had to say before?

Not that I blame you much who wants to look at 20 pages of anything, still point is respect is a two way street

ur right on one thing tho, this is pretty meaningless posting for the topic so we can just drop it now we're not gonna get anywhere anyways on that front

"Not only rail guns, no. But they are the most readily implemented without major overhauls of platform. "

I'm not sure why you said "not only rail guns" I'm not sure what ur referring to

See you're not even the first one who's unwilling to read other people's arguments

@Jackson

I think the one who shows up first just had a ton of shit done by shitty doctors who jacked her bucket up. The best tho is the dumbass broad who can't close her eyes, first time I watched that shit I was dying. South Korea is the plastic surgery capital of the world, so beware there I guess?

@Rixorwhatever

Don't be talking shit bout TM's waifu.

The whole concept is fucking bunk.

Since people don't want to read the thread, I'll summarize it.

#1. ACs provides nothing that aircraft and ground vehicles don't already.

#2. ACs require technology that doesn't exist yet, said technology will increase the potential of aforementioned platforms in the same ways it would make ACs technologically 'possible'.

#3. They would be prohibitively costly, both in the physical construction, but then also the maintenance and logistics of keeping it supplied with fuel, ammo, and spare parts.

#4. They are incapable of either the armor of tanks or the maneuverability of aircraft.

#5. Wonder Armor = Wonder Weapons, so they don't get magical impregnable armor anymore than anything else does; and there's always going to be a way to penetrate said armor.

#6. On the ground, biped or quadruped styled mechanical locomotion simply isn't effective for moving anything seriously heavy; which weapons, armor, ammo, fuel, etc.. all are.

#7. Why the fuck would you build a humanoid upper body on a tank, so don't even try that one.

#8. Thinks that articulate are weak points, so consider that before you start yapping off about the "advantages" of arms/heads/etc..

It's not that they cannot be built, frankly they could be built with developments in technology.

The problem is you'd have to be goddamn retarded to put money into them as serious WEAPONS OR WEAPONS PLATFORMS.

Before anyone of you mechasexual autists respond, consider the following questions.

-What would an "AC" provide on the ground that a tank would not?

-What would an "AC" provide in the air that an aircraft would not?

Remember, you don't get to magically say ACs get X/Y/Z technologies and nothing else does, that's not how REALITY works.

DONT YOU SEE?

if you build it, they will come...