Kinect

Magnus

Basically saying 'fuck you' to a dildo controller (haha, get it), Microsoft went ahead with straight up expensive camera technology.

Some games will support it, other games will be exclusive for it, some games won't support it at all, leaving it all up to developers (along with Microsoft's idea on 3D gaming). Of course, work out games are already up by Microsoft, Ubisoft, Some Other Dicks (or SODs), and eventually more, but let's go ahead and talk about other games around it.

Adrenaline Junkies

Konami Seems a little slow paced, but this is a good half a year before its release. I like the art style for the game, so I think I'll enjoy it (if it gets better).

Dance Masters

Konami, again. Think of it as DDR, but actually requiring dancing instead of rubbing your nipples into arrows on the ground.

Star Wars

'Nuff said.

Child of Eden

From Q? and Ubisoft, but even more importantly, Rez's creator.

It plays like Rez, but you're using your hands in such a fluent way that you get right into the game without having to wiggle a little stick and push buttons on it and oh my god this is reason enough to buy Kinect for me sweet jesus. I'm now finally excited about it.

Fable 3 said it'll have Kinect support as well.

Personally, if I were a dev and the player would have Kinect plugged in, I'd probably suddenly replace all button quicktime events with quicktime getupandance events.

Edited by Obscure

I like rubbing my nipples though. Damnit!!

In other news, I don't see how the PS3 could be offering more when they are just doing a more complicated version of the Wii. Sony is always making excellent decisions though. It should work out, hopefully.

I'm not a big fan of motion technology in general. It almost always feels gimmicky and is tedious more often than not. I've played a lot on the Wii and very few implementations added anything to the immersion. Wii Sports is about the only game I played that I felt did it really well. When it got to a serious sports game though, it fell apart since it didn't really offer as much finesse as a standard controller provides. Plus, I don't want to fuck up in a game just because the sensor didn't catch my movements right. It'll probably be neat for some things but I'm not hyped for this or Move.

I don't want to have to move my coffee table either.

From Q? and Ubisoft, but even more importantly, Rez's creator.

Child of Eden

It plays like Rez, but you're using your hands in such a fluent way that you get right into the game without having to wiggle a little stick and push buttons on it and oh my god this is reason enough to buy Kinect for me sweet jesus. I'm now finally excited about it.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...