One Piece

YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

There's actually an "Insert: Spoiler" option under the Quick Access menu on the left when you're replying.

That was my point about Usopp. He's leagues behind a guy who seems pretty one dimensional right now. I mean, Usopp has been clutch when they've needed him to be, but how many times has he considered backing out of things just 'cuz he knows he's going to get trashed? A lot.

The reason I don't see Zoro as changing much is because I don't see how you translate his changes other than by saying "He got better" and showing him win more often. Mihawk is the greatest swordsman in the world, and other than easily kicking Zoro's ass, he doesn't seem to play out much differently. Maybe Zoro will just become more Mihawk-esque?

You make a good point about Sanji though. I think he already outclasses Mr. 2, but Okama kenpo is pretty boss and would definitely make him better.

Realistically, I can see Robin learning some good spying/assassin type skills. She was already part of a secret science society, an underground crime group, and is now looking to hang with one of the most secretive and dangerous people in OP. It just seems to be the direction she's going.

Brooke could also improve his swordsmanship. I actually forget he uses a sword sometimes.

For Luffy, I figured overlord's haki was the only given change, and is a pretty huge upgrade.

Edited by Antonym

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usopp man, he's gonna be really interesting to see how much stronger he gets. Here's hoping he gets nasty with it.

About Zoro, we gotta look at how he's improved over the story so far. His speed and strength never really improved much, but his range and cutting ability (learning to cut steel, for example) has. He's also developed moves for specific instances (based on range, cutting ability, and power, mainly). This I think gives us an idea of what to expect.

Besides, Mihawk fights totally different from Zoro. He tends to stay stationary and launch sword wave after sword wave at people, and uses his hawkeye vision to spot opponents and areas to strike. He even has like a bunch of different kinds of ranged swings, unlike our boy Zoro. Mihawk has crazy range and accuracy without even using named moves, whereas Zoro has to use x lb phoenixes for ranged hits. If Zoro beefed up his range, that'd be a big improvement by itself. I mean, yes, any improvement boils down to "he got better," but I think there are some specifics here. I think power is the thing Zoro needs the least amount extra of. He needs range and the ability to cut more things more than anything.

Will Zoro change styles? Probably not. What I'm guessing happens is he learns the ability to cut through more things, improves his range, and possibly learn a new move (or moves) that are Mihawk-inspired. Maybe a ranged Asura, or a corkscrew version of Phoenix, or something totally new. Now that I think about it...most of this would be addressed if he got and mastered a new sword. 2 of his current 3 swords are pretty legendary, but one of them is still a shitty one. If he replaced that one with another legendary one and then learned how to handle it properly he'd improve a whole lot. It's plausible too for him to find one, since he could either a) get it from Mihawk, or :angry: get it from one of the gorillas he defeated.

Sanji has obscene growth potential, being stuck on an island fighting for his life against Ivankov's candy boys. Bon Clay had some really sik kicks and if he incorporates those into his arsenal he's gonna be leagues stronger. And although I think it's highly unlikely (but fits his character), imagine if he learned how to do a death wink? That's a game changer.

I think if Robin figured out how to make entire clones of her body that could be pretty intense. Her devil fruit is really, really, strong already (it's gotta be one of the best paramecias there is), she just needs to capability to hurt people (haki, muscle, etc).

Luffy was proven to be inadequete in every way during the Whitebeard War. Almost everyone shitted on his gear second speed, everyone important was hitting harder than his gear third strikes, and pretty much everyone showed far superior durability to him (he feinted a couple times). He also consistently ran into opponents he had absolutely no way of even hurting (Mihawk, Admirals, Smoker, possibly more). He needs to improve his fundamentals badly. Haki gives him extra power and durability, but his base speed needs to improve for sure, or else the extra power and durability won't mean shit against the strongest guys. He doesn't have Blackbeard's fruits afterall, so he actually does need speed.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/mshernandez182/kizarukick.gif

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/mshernandez182/kizarukillingdrake.gif

That needs to be Sanji's ceiling! :P Edited by Colon Mokto

With Mihawk, I always assumed he fought that way since no one has really come along and pushed him into corners the way they still can with Zoro. Though I guess with his hawkeye vision, it makes sense that he's taking advantage of one of his key talents.

I think Luffy's inadequacy really shows how much we should expect for changes in the others. Like you said, he's easily the strongest of the Straw Hats, and yet he found himself pretty humbled by everyone in the Whitebeard War.

Hell, even the whole group together got their asses thoroughly kicked by a couple Pacifistas. Embarrassing!

:angry:

Yeah definitely! I think him losing here could really add a lot of dimensions to his character and his interactions with everyone else. He could turn emo, or he could start understanding why hard work matters and how natural talent alone isn't enough at the top, or both even.

He might learn to appreciate Ippo more instead of just seeing him as competition.

There's going to be a 10th member? I kinda figured it would just be the 9 to the top. I'm gonna pretend I'm keanu and answer cause I wanna get on this. If there was a choice between the ones listed, I would hope its Jimbei. He's a badass. I don't see it happening though since I picture him just worrying about his people rather than going for sailing. Plus, he uses martial arts. I don't see 2 people using martial arts happening on the ship (sanji being the second). The crew might not seem as unique. Same can be said about Hancock, with having to work with her people. Though I see her having more freedom. Perona I could see. She's not tied down to anyone atm.

Then again, a lot can happen in 2 years. I think its more likely that they'd get someone completely new.

Yeah you can answer too, it's all good man! We're all family here!

Um awhile back in an SBS Oda said 10 members was what it would be. I forget which one. Also, Luffy himself said it at some point early in the manga. He said, "We need at least 10 crewmembers." Counting our boy Luffy, we're at 9, so I think we may just get another one (at least one more). It's not hard to imagine either, considering the story is only halfway done (again, according to Oda in an SBS).

I think Jimbei would be dope...but probably too dope. For a crew like the straw hats to get a guy who is probably one of the best Fishman Karate doods around, and a man who embarrassed Gecko Moria when they went heads up during the war, on their team permanently might be too perfect. His water-based abilities in particular basically fill in every conceivable hole. He can tackle multiple DF users at once by launching water spears, he's a god in the water, and his fishman karate makes him a contender on land. Even a logia user would be hard-pressed to face him and any other strawhat at the same time.

Hancock would fit well, and she even has a dream and a tragic past (usually tell-tale signs of who joins), but she has similar issues as Jimbei...mainly that she's just too strong. You know though...everyone (myself included) thought Nico Robin was a strange choice based on her absurd strength at the time of joining, but that worked out smashingly. Whatever Oda does, I gotta give him benefit of the doubt.

You know what though, it could be really sik if #10 was a fishman who knew fishman karate. Totally possible, too, since the crew has to pass through Fishman Island after the timeskip. Another possible person could be from Elbaf. One of the giants.

With Perona, I think it could happen, but at the same time they hinted heavily that Moria is still alive and his crew somehow saved him back at the end of the war. If that's the case Perona is gonna rejoin him for sure. He tried to be a dick at Thriller Bark, but I think he does care deep down about his crew (he did in the past, so maybe it's still in there).

I think if Croc joined I'd lose my mind. He's just so hardcore that I don't think I could handle that. A logia joining could be so dope though.

Croc son! Dood breaks out of prison and immediately had his suit and fur coat on. What you know about that!!

Two martial artists could happen, we have two swordsman afterall (brooke and zoro). It's hard to rule out anything with this author.

Edited by Colon Mokto

Going off the characters we've already been introduced to...

Perona has a decent shot. She's got some unique talents and is currently hanging around with Zoro. She seems pretty neutral (i.e. not bad or good), and just hangs with Moria because she digs his style. Then again, her neutrality is also why I think she's the least likely of my guesses.

I don't think it'll be Croc or Hancock. Croc is completely on his own agenda (as is Smoker, who I think is the next likely Logia option), and I think Hancock serves the crew better where she is. A giant would be neat, but I think it's less likely than Perona.

Hatchan seems very possible because he's a fishman, has a lot of growth potential, and he's got the right attitude for the crew. I think his relationships with other crew members would be interesting (With Zoro as a swordsman, with Sanji as a chef, with Chopper as a 'monster,' and of course with Nami as her enemy). I wouldn't be surprised if he took up learning fishman karate during the time jump. The Straw Hat crew needs beefing up, but I think Jimbei would be too much.

Aw man, now I've almost convinced myself it'll be Hatchan, and after thinking about some other things, I've stopped thinking it'll be...

Mr. 2. I'm willing to bet he's alive and well, and his devil fruit powers would add a lot to the crew. His personality is unique, and we don't have a lot of back story on him. Then again, Sanji is hanging with the Okama and, aside from the imitation powers, could come back with a similar skill set.

If it's a new character, I would think it'd be a fishman or a mermaid. They have to get by Fishman Island, and even if it's someone who knows fishman karate, I think they add something the crew really needs - the ability to dive right into the water. They've got four devil fruit users, so it's a major weak point.

I don't think it'll be anyone I mentioned, tbh. I think it'll be someone different. The mermaid suggestion is a good one too. Were they on fishman island as well? I forget now...but I remember Caimie talking about mermaid stores at fishman island so I'm guessing yes?

Idk about Hatchan, he's so far behind, and really he has no reason to get way way stronger than he is right now.

You know, I was looking at old SBSs and one of them said that Usopp was supposed to stay the physically weakest character of the group no matter what. I wonder if he'll just lose all the weight and go back to being a skinny loser? Well, a skinny loser with hardcore training. I think I'd actually be okay with that. It's not like he needs muscles, I guess.

Giants really aren't that farfetched. Blackbeard got someone on his crew that's far larger than a giant could ever hope to be. I kinda feel like the giant niche is probably filled by Chopper, though. He can pretty much turn into one, haha.

Man Usopp better get some sort of cool bug outfit from Hercules. Something that makes him look tougher. That or he should just be Sniper King always, haha. That guy was so raw.

I think mermaids are definitely from Fishman Island. Sanji was pretty excited about it when they were on their way there, and the two mermaids we've seen so far (Caimie and Kokoro) have originated from there.

I don't think a giant is far fetched at all, I just think a giant would be fourth on the list or something.

I really want to see some cool changes in Usopp too. I don't want him to become just a clone of his dad.

Ooooh man forgot about Croc. I'm with you mike. I don't think I could deal with him joining. That guy was so G when he was breaking out of prison. I mean damn. Dude had the goal to take down Whitebeard. Whitebeard! You have to have some balls for that. Sure, Buggy did want that too, but Croc actually felt he could do it. And fuck man, Croc was messing everybody up haha.

I really want jimbei to join tho lol. At least someone close to his level. While he seems too strong for the crew now, the story picks up after 2 years of hardcore training. A lot can happen in 2 years...

I for one want Ussop to go leaps and bounds. It felt like he forgot all bout sogeking after he rescued robin. I want him to come back as the Emperor of Snipers or someshit lol.

Ya though I agree. A fishman would be a great addition.

Well our boy Usopp did say (right before the end of his portion leading into timeskip) that he needed to become the true king of snipers to make sure Luffy would be pirate king. I hope he acts a little more like Sogeking after this training. Not totally, since cowardly Usopp is funny, but him acting melodramatically hard-ass was also really funny. I'd love to see both. He was striking some fantastic poses, too.

I think I could deal with Jimbei joining. I mean I think I could deal with just about anyone joining except Buggy. The turn the story took in relation to him is just too genius to fuck with and I hope it continues along that line. Buggy for Warlord! Better yet, Buggy for one of the Four Emperors! Anyways, Jimbei is dope and like you said, a lot can happen in 2 years. And like I mentioned earlier, we've seen people that seemed way stronger than the rest of the team join before and in the end it worked out (Nico).

Seriously though, wouldn't you agree that Croc has the best in-fight artwork in the manga? I don't think anyone looks as sik when they're fighting. It's the way Oda draws the sand, it's just so dope.

EDIT: So I have two other questions for you guys:

1) What do you think is gonna happen with the warlord positions? They lost Moria, Blackbeard, and Jimbei during the war. Mihawk, Hancock, Kuma, and Doflamingo still remain. Do the positions get filled? Who fills them?

2) How would you rank the Warlords, past and present, in terms of combat ability? That's Moria, Blackbeard, Jimbei, Mihawk, Hancock, Kuma, Doflamingo, and Crocodile.

Edited by Colon Mokto

Yeah, he made sand beautiful.

Anyway, about the warlords, I see the position being filled. They kinda did that for croc, so I don't see why they'd suddenly stop. Granted, the war changed a lot of shit. I don't see them stopping the recruitment just for that. The wod gov't might think twice about who they get, considering what blackbeard did. I honestly see one or a few of the rookies filling up at least one of the spots.

I'll get back on the ranking when I get home. Its hard for me to type up a lot of crap on my phone. One thing i'll say that terrain plays a part in proper ranking. Jimbei can wreck a lot of dudes with large water access, while croc can similarly ruin ppl's day if he's in a desert.

It plays a part, but I think if you're the real deal then terrain isn't as major a factor. Too many of the strongest people have terrain altering abilities or powers that are almost completely independent of it. There have also been a few examples where terrain ended up not being enough to swing things in the manga.

Just for a quick idea, put Croc against any Admiral, or Whitebeard, or even other Warlords. Before even getting into who wins, let's just consider how a fight would play out in the desert, or not in the desert. Does it really change?

Better yet, consider Jimbei vs the same. Can he really exploit his advantage in the water?

EDIT: so hot.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/mshernandez182/perfumefemur.gif

Edited by Colon Mokto

1. The positions definitely get filled...at least a couple of them. I'm thinking at least one of the Supernovas gets a spot. Maybe Capone? Also, Buggy. Haha. I can totally see it happening.

2. Tough call since I've barely seen some of them. I'd have to imagine Doflamingo is way the hell up there, maybe followed by Kuma. Mihawk and Hancock are both pretty boss at what they do, but I imagine they'd get outdone by Jimbei and Crocodile if the setting favoured them. It's not that I think it makes a huge difference, but when everyone is that strong then a even a small advantage tilts the field. I think it makes a bigger difference for Jimbei, specifically against DF users.

Blackbeard is stupid strong, but he seems to kind of suck at fighting.

Moria is a chump.

I don't think there's any way Jimbei can beat an admiral, in the ocean or not. Croc has a better chance (.001% instead of .0001%) even though I sorta think Jimbei is probably the overall stronger of the two.

For fun, let's discuss how Jimbei does against the other warlords. Let's assume that the battle starts on a buster call battleship in the middle of the ocean for case 1, and for case 2 it's the island he and Ace fought on.

I think we can agree that the main means of winning case 1 is to destroy the ship, so let's start from there:

Hancock - probably lose case 1 (7-8 times out of 10), will almost always win case 2

Mihawk - see Hancock

Moria - will almost always lose case 1, will most likely lose case 2 (8-9 times out of 10)

Doflamingo - will almost always lose case 1 (6-7 times out of 10), will almost always win case 2

Crocodile - see Hancock/Mihawk

Blackbeard - He'll win half the time in case 1, and will win almost every time in case 2. Fuck this guy.

Kuma - see Dofla

I can't see Hancock or Mihawk losing to Croc, even in a desert. There's one major problem: Croc lost to Luffy (sans gears) in a mano-a-mano fight. I don't think his logia powers will give him a major edge, either.

Hancock - Armor haki, slave arrow, pistol whip, and speed? She's going to either rain arrows or shoot him in the head repeatedly until she can get up close, at which point she's going to kick him and turn part of him to stone. He can try to crumble that stone back to sand, but in the time it takes for him to do that he's going to get kicked in the head and killed. Hell, she probably won't even need to turn part of him to stone; she can probably just kick him to death normally. I'm not sure sables would prevent slave arrow or pistol kiss, either.

Mihawk - he would for sure lose if he doesn't have haki or some means of hurting logias (unlikely); otherwise, nah. What's Croc going to do? Try to out-slash him? He could try sables and flying into the sky to hook him but I'm not even sure that would work on Zoro, letalone Mihawk. In that case, he might have to just go mano-a-mano with Mihawk and hope to land a poison hook somehow. Not the most encouraging prospect.

Honestly, I think Dofla and Kuma are worse off against Croc in the desert than Hancock or Mihawk. Okay, well, maybe not Kuma, but Dofla yeah.

Edited by Colon Mokto

• 4 weeks later...
FRANKY. Looked way different on the colour splash thing.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/mshernandez182/franky2d.jpg

SUPERRRRRRR

Oh and Oda made a mistake on Zoro. He

fixed it in the latest chapter. What a hoss.

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h141/mshernandez182/zorovc.jpg

Forgot spoiler tags!

Edited by Colon Mokto