General MMA Thread

Shirtless Crackhead

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The whole fight is def worth watching too, to get the full context.

Also, that flurry of punches weidman landed when Silva was on the ground-- holy shit.

Edited by The OB Express

More than anything, I think I respect Weidman's focus level through all that bullshit. He just waded through it 'til he got where he wanted to be.

But man, I can't help but get the vibe that Silva just...wasn't that interested. Something was missing. He seemed lackadaisical. Like maybe he was either too confident, or he just didn't care. I don't know. It just seems like a whack way to go out after everything he's done. And then to say he's got no interest in being champ again after all that, it's all kind of weird to me.

He's seemed that way in every fight since like 2010.

It's how he likes to fight, he usually thinks himself unbeatable.

Hence the whole "I'll stand here against the cage with my hands down." thing.

Not to mention most fighters aren't exactly the smartest breed, so Anderson's gameplan was as Weidman put it in the post-fight PC.

He gets into their head, makes them mad or like "oh shit, I'm in here with Anderson Silva, wtf over" and they beat themselves. Making mistakes which let Anderson counter-strike.

Nah, something seemed different to me. I don't care much about MMA, but I usually end up checking his fights out because I find him legitimately entertaining. As much as he likes to dick around, he doesn't usually let it get away from him so easily, and if it does, he fights his way back.

That said, the more I watch that finishing shot, the more I appreciate what Weidman did.

I agree with Keanu after having seen the fight 2-3 times. I mean I actually agree with Raor to is thing thing. Spider has been slowly losing all interest in fighting since 2010. Not in the money or fame but in the actual will to compete. It really showed today and the problem was he needed the old him to fight this guy, not the current him. Especially in that fight, he plays around a lot but not like that. And even in the last 3 years there were plenty of fights against people where he didn't play at all he just never went on the offensive and stalled them out. This was just weird...like he forgot he was in a fight with someone trying to hurt him or something. Or forgot he was fighting an adult. Very strange.

That KO was wild satisfying though Silva was acting like an idiot that whole fight he got what he deserved.

The talk around the restaurant was that Silva's really only wanting to fight Jon Jones. I'm with keanu in that I don't follow MMA, though, so I have no idea if that's credible or not. I just like to watch the fights every now and then at restaurants where the waitresses have huge tits.

Silva is a small LHW, Jones is a normal LHW, he's not even that big when he's not at fight weight.

He's just tall, I mean Roger Gracie is 6'4" and fights at Middleweight, granted he cuts a ton to get there. But he's not even as skinny looking as Jones.

lol

In the aftermath of his Fourth of July Weekend upset, "The Spider" initially claimed he was done contending for the title and would need a few months to figure out his next move. Apparently, a few months turned into a few hours, and Silva is already champing at the bit to get back inside the Octagon.

someone prolly showed him the commas in that paycheck

"I lost but I don't care I don't really feel like fighting anymore anyways" *shows estimate for payday* "I must defend my honor!"

"I'm so angry we need to fight right now!"