General MMA Thread

286 replies to this topic

#21 atdsutm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • PSN ID:amjting

Posted 19 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

the entire 205lbs division will now suck Jones' dick.

GG LW division

#22 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:13 AM

Eh, somebody will beat him.

#23 atdsutm

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • PSN ID:amjting

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:07 PM

we soon see

oh wait

Jones >>>>>>>(Superior Gifted Athlete with the longest reach)>>>>>>>>> Rua > Rampage > Machida >>> Evans >>>Griffin

with the way Rua was giving Jones a blowjob in that match instead of punching him, the LHW division is locked for good, and Jones is just 23 with lots of rooms for improve (drastically improved from his last fight)

see the Barrier?

only OVEROIDREEM could beat Jones

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/16/20554...ce-or-arrogance

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/3/13/20478...-for-shogun-rua

Posted Image

Edited by atdsutm, 20 March 2011 - 01:45 PM.

#24 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts
  • PSN ID:Gentleman_X

Posted 21 March 2011 - 01:33 PM

Ubereem would snap him in half probably, yeah. Mainly cuz he's the incredible hulk. idk how that's relevent though, since he's in a different weight class and all.

I mean if we're including all weight classes I'm sure a couple HWs could push his shit in.

Fanfic: The Return of Owen, A Cold Day in Hell, Armored Core: Hachi-No-Ki , why i hate acu
[SoD]

View PostBakuhatsu Pengin, on 15 December 2016 - 04:53 AM, said:

TALL AND TAN AND YUNG AND LOVELY

#25 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 02:13 PM

Ubereem is 265, I don't think anybody in the HW division has any substantial physical edge on the Reem.

Jones is 205, putting Jones in a fight with Overeem would be a mis-match.

EDIT: Heavyweight is a 265 weight division, just FYI.

Edited by DangerWorldWide, 21 March 2011 - 02:42 PM.

#26 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:02 AM

Gokhan Saki

He needs to transition to MMA, he's too small for K-1 (5'11" 200lbs), but he could rape MMA's standup game with some TDD and wrestling.

He's supposed to fight Strikeforce in 2011, atleast that's the rumor; with UFC's buy out he might go UFC.

He does train with Alistair Overeem @ Golden Glory, I'm excited if the rumors are true.

Edited by DangerWorldWide, 04 April 2011 - 09:09 AM.

#27 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:26 PM

Shields v. GSP, anybody watching?

If I were betting, money is on GSP; even though I think Shields is amazing. I just see jabs mucking his game up.

#28 Bakuhatsu Pengin

FRIENDLY NEIGHBORHOOD ROUND-EARTHER

• Veteran
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
  • PSN ID:8==D
  • LIVE ID:8==D

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:13 AM

GSP fo sho

Posted Image

#29 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

I watched that UFC special last night, GSP is training with John Danaher for Jujitsu, and Gregg Jackson, plus his boxing looks amazing.

#30 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

I heard the GSP vs Shields fight was unbelievably boring. That doesn't surprise me in the least, either. Fucking Shields.

Fanfic: The Return of Owen, A Cold Day in Hell, Armored Core: Hachi-No-Ki , why i hate acu
[SoD]

#31 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:54 AM

It was kinda boring, but it was interesting to see how Shields couldn't take GSP down, and GSP's boxing wasn't really a cut above; I think GSP spent too much time training to avoid subs and stuff with John Danaher.

EDIT:

Jose Aldo vs. Mark Hominick was awesome, Aldo gassed really bad but totally fucked Hominick up, Hominick wasn't quitting though; I see a rematch, but Aldo will be ready and Hominick will get wrecked. Aldo v. Hominick was definitely fight of the night, the rematch will be nutz; Aldo wasn't 100% and Hominick is just a fucking machine, I guess his nickname fits.

Posted Image

Alot of the other rights where exciting, Vladimir Matyushenko got a nasty 1st Round KO on Jason Brilz.

Machida also KO'd Randy Couture with a Surprise Steven Seagal kick, Silva style; it was really nice Karate technique, he faked a left kick and jumped up and kicked Randy in the chin with his right foot.

Edited by Enganacious, 02 May 2011 - 09:05 AM.

#32 YUNG MASTERLESS GLENCOUR

[5000] YUNG IRON TARKUS

• Veteran
  • 5,192 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:07 AM

Yeah dood I heard about that fight. Fuck yeah.

Actually, it's funny you mention it, but everyone I've heard from said the event was awesome except for the lame as fuck main event. Pretty much what you said but without mincing words.

[SoD]

#33 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

GSP is going to keep working on his boxing and stuff, I think though he's getting the hint that people want to see him finish fights; his usual method for doing so, takedowns and GnP simply wasn't a good one against Shields.

If GSP gets his striking up to the task of finishing fights, he'll be truly great; but right now we're probably not going to see GSP vs. Silva (GSP isn't sold on the idea himself), but we might see GSP vs. Nick Diaz.

#34 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

UFC 130 is a really weak card, but oh well, still gonna watch it.

I can't say I'm really that interested in any of the fights, but Roy Nelson is always interesting to watch.

The fight between Brian Stann and Jorge Santiago will probably be the most exciting fight of the night, out of the main card.

What's sad is the prelims look like more exciting lineups than the main card.

#35 Densuo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • PSN ID:Densuo
  • LIVE ID:Densuo

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:50 AM

I think GSP should improve his boxing for the sake of being a more complete fighter. but you know what? F the crowd. If he knows he's gonna take the fight without having to take an unneeded risk in finishing a fight then by all means, dont.

editL Nice to see Hamill still fighting the kid's deaf he's an inspiration and is an eternal winner in my book.

Edited by Densuo, 26 May 2011 - 10:53 AM.

Oddball RJ Support / Operator.
I'm not Awesome, But I got your back.

#36 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 07:16 AM

Being deaf really isn't much of a disability in MMA, even though Tito Ortiz thought deaf people have shitty equilibrium, lol Tito Ortiz.

GSP has really good leg kicks too, which made me sad, because he kicked Shields like twice and both times it looked like it would have chopped Shields down if he kept them up; but GSP is a point player, like Tim Sylvia was. It's boring, but w/o yellow cards for holding or maybe a stronger point advantage for aggression, it's going to stay this way.

#37 Densuo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • PSN ID:Densuo
  • LIVE ID:Densuo

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:13 AM

Enganacious, on May 27 2011, 09:16 AM, said:

Being deaf really isn't much of a disability in MMA, even though Tito Ortiz thought deaf people have shitty equilibrium, lol Tito Ortiz.

GSP has really good leg kicks too, which made me sad, because he kicked Shields like twice and both times it looked like it would have chopped Shields down if he kept them up; but GSP is a point player, like Tim Sylvia was. It's boring, but w/o yellow cards for holding or maybe a stronger point advantage for aggression, it's going to stay this way.

The disadvantage that Hamil really has is that he cannot receive help from his corner during the rounds.

True on GSP but if you wanna be the champ you gotta beat him. and if they can't beat him convincingly and he can preserve himself, hey, more money and more fights for him.
Oddball RJ Support / Operator.
I'm not Awesome, But I got your back.

#38 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:38 AM

Corner help is kind of a funny thing, most guys are too into the fight and forget to pay attention unless you got a loon in your corner who can scream insanely loud, than again your opponent hears everything he says.

If I was an MMA fighter I'd try to use another language or atleast codes so the dude I was fighting didn't know what my corner was telling me.

#39 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 07:29 PM

June 11th, UFC 131

Junior Dos Santos vs. Shane Carwin <- big heavyweight fight time! (I'm picking Dos Santos)

one wee later...

June 18th, Strikeforce HW GP

Ubereem vs. Werdum <- another big heavyweight fight (if Overeem beats Werdum he'll get huge recognition, have to fight Antonio Silva next, and the UFC will probably be looking to get him into some fights, especially if he then wins the GP; he'll be in line for a title-shot or #1 contender match-up, IMO)

#40 ⅄∩ᴎ⅁ ∀⅂⅁ƎᴚI∀ᴎ HO⊥ DO⅁

Human Hot Dog

• Veteran
  • 3,720 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:30 AM

Tomorrow is Carwin vs. Dos Santos; it's gonna be a slobber-knocker!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users