The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Magnus

Nah, Steed Stone is best, your equipped weapons and armor weight nothing, and you get another 100 weight in capacity.

Great for raiding and looting stuff for money.

I've got my guy pretty well perked out so far, but I'm going to have to grind up Alchemy and Enchanting so I can do this.

Make potions for enchanting, over-enchant gear for making potions.

Make new potion, over-enchant gear for smithing and enchanting.

Make more potions, with goober gear.

Max the fuck out of a Daedric set of armor/weapons for goober stats.

I'm going to do this.

I'll have enough perks to do exactly what I want too.

Basically maxing out One-Handed, Archery, Heavy Armor, Sneak, Smithing, Alchemy, and Enchanting; with enough space to do some other things (like dual destruction and restoration spells, just cuz).

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to be a cheap bastard in Skyrim here's my suggestions.

- Unlock the Steed Stone ASAP, so you can carry more stuff and have weightless equipped heavy armor w/o the perk.

- Do the main quest until you unlock the Greybeards, or do the Sneak grind on the dude in Helgen before finishing the first mission.

- Grind up any remaining levels to 15 with smithing, probably a good idea to do this anyhow as it will make it easier to beat the missions.

Note: Grinding up Smithing is a good idea as well, because you can easily get Ebony from Gloombound Mine or Dragon Bones/Scales from fighting the first couple of Dragons to make a complete set of Legendary Ebony or Dragonplate/Dragonscale armor, or Daedric if you get some Hearts. This is helpful for doing the Transmuting the Mundane or anything else.

Then.

- Complete Discerning the Transmundane to get the Oghma Infinium.

- Upgrade the Whiterun house so you have a bookshelf.

- Do the Oghma Infinium level glitch to level 81.

- Then save.

You will have to do the first two main quest line quests, retrieving the Dragonstone and killing the first dragon so you can buy a house. This puts your next mission at seeing the Greybeards, so leveling your sneak at Helgen or on the Greybeards will make no real difference.

You must be atleast level 15 to complete Discerning the Transmundane.

Now you can perk up for any kind of warrior or mage you like.

I recommend heavy armor all together, as with the Steed Stone or Heavy Armor perks there is no down-side aside from not getting the +40% stamina regen which you can get enchanting your gear anyhow.

Obviously I'm going to recommend you get the following perks.

- Smithing: Steel Smithing, Arcane Blacksmith, Dwarven Smithing, Orcish Smithing, Ebony Smithing, Daedric Smithing, Dragon Smithing (7)

- Enchanting: Enchanter 5/5, Insightful Enchanter, Corpus Enchanter, Extra Effect (8)

- Alchemy: Alchemist 5/5, Physician, Benefactor (7)

This is a total of 22 Perks, which leaves you with 58 perks for other stuff.

This is so you can create the strongest weapons and armor using the Alchemy/Enchant/Smithing stack.

Smithing Bonus Enchant Cap = 29%

Alchemy Bonus Enchant Cap = 29%

Fortify Smithing can be enchanted on: Armor, Gauntlets, Amulet and Ring.

Fortify Alchemy can be enchanted on: Helm, Gauntlets, Amulet and Ring.

Your crafting gear will max out at giving you +29% to Smithing and Alchemy.

Krosis Dragon Priest Mask Glitch gives you an additional 20% to Alchemy. Glitch is the Krosis mask can be equiped with certain helmets, Penitus Oculatus Helmet is an easy to get helmet that works with the mask. This gives you an additional 20% to Alchemy for free.

Enchanting Potion Cap = 35%

Smithing Potion Cap = 142%

This is as strong as you can make your potions for crafting with all the bonuses.

For a Warrior type character I'm going to recommend the following perks.

Archery: All (16)

Heavy Armor: Juggernaut 5/5, Well Fitted, Tower of Strength, Matching Set, Reflect Blows, Fists of Steel (10)

One-Handed: Armsman 5/5, Bone Breaker 3/3, Dual Fury 2/2, Dual Savagery, Fighting Stance, Critical Charge, Savage Strike, Paralyzing Strike (15)

Sneak: All (13)

This leaves you 4 more perks you can use.

- Restoration: Novice Restoration, Restoration Dual Casting, Regeneration, Respite

That's my recommendation, as it turns your starting healing spell into an effective means to heal your dude. But you can do whatever you want with those remaining perks, or take some of the recommended ones out.

This gives you the ability to punch with ridiculous power (which is fun, but with retard smithed gauntlets and enchantments can be insanely powerful), the halved falling damage perk for heavy armor is pretty useless IMO, the weightless one is good but as you can get that from a guardian stone (Steed Stone, which also gives you +100 carrying capacity) it's also pretty useless.

Two handed weapons are stupid, as they attack way to slow, and just get creamed in the damage race department. Mace/Dagger is the best combo because of the speed which also means dps. Also Mace w/ the 3 Bone Breaker perks mean your Mace ignores 80% of armor and block, meaning you can literally just smack a dude who'll keep blocking and kill him all the same. Sneak is all sorts of useful, sneak attacks being easier, more damage with any weapon while sneaking. And the ability to one-hit kill just about anything with two daggers which will get a 100% attack increase from One-Handed, a x15 multiplier for sneak attacks from Sneak, an additional 75% damage with a power attack from One-handed. There's even a set of gauntlets you get from the Dark Brotherhood that make dagger sneak attacks do x30 damage, I'm not sure if you can enchant another set with that ability or not.

For a Mage (Destruction) type character I'm going to recommend just taking the Archery perks and one more perk out, and put them into Destruction. You could do Destruction/One-Handed or whatever, but Dual Casting Destruction and the ability to cast any spells for 0 Magika means that weapon perks are going to be totally unnecessary. So do whatever floats your boat. You could take both Archery and One-Handed and specialize in two kinds of Magic.

Edited by Enganacious

• 2 weeks later...

I just got this game. I thought the graphics wouldn't be that good at all based on my experience with the two Fallout games, but man are they really good in this one! Bethesda really stepped up its texture game.

Artdeux, I need that soundtrack/album that those songs are from.

Edited by TMRaven

Orcs rule, Berserk lets you take on dudes way tougher then you should be able to.

Got my Orc from level 11 to 81 in one night, WOO!

Now I just need to organize up some gear and black soul gems, and make my crafting set for goober potions, smithing, and enchant.

I'll hopefully do all that tonight.

Then, I'll report back with my armor and weapon stats.

My perks are exactly what I discussed in my long arse post.

I went 100 Magicka, 500 Health, 500 Stamina too.

My Dragonplate armor now has 1478 Armor Rating.

Dagger does 182 base damage, the Mace 191, bow 206.

I haven't yet enchanted my armor yet, as I don't have the stamina regen, muffle, and waterbreathing enchantments I want yet.

Once I get that, I'll have x4 48% one hand and archery, health and stamina regen, waterbreathing, and muffle enchanted on my armor.

I'm not sure what I'm going to use on the weapons yet, but Soul Trap is going to be on all of them, I'd like to get the Fiery Soul Trap just because.

Nah, I can enchant whatever I find at a much higher level w/ +37% enchant potions.

I just need to find the enchantments I want for my boots and helm, as well as stamina regen for the chest piece. Then I'll enchant the armor set.

Then one extra set of ring and amulet w/ magicka resist.

Mehrunes Razor is still weak as shit w/ the smithing stack, tops out at around 100 base damage.

Same follows for the rest of the Daedric artifact weapons, they are all much weaker than the smithed Daedric weapons.

Actually Raor, there's another alchemy bug you should be aware of.

Step:

1: Create some alchemy clothes

2: Make a potion of Fortify Restoration

3: Drink Fortify Restoration Potion

4: Unequip, then requip your alchemy clothes

5: Make a potion of Fortify Restoration

6: Drink Fortify Restoration Potion

7: Unequip, then requip your alchemy clothes

8: Repeat until satisfied.

9: Create Fortify Enchanting potion

10: Recreate new equipment to make the changes "Permanent"

The buffs will stay on you until you remove the equipment, as armor buffs are only updated when you change armor.

It works because Fortify Spells are part of the Restoration School. I am not sure if Bethesda will fix this one though.

Results:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v225/SliVeROVeRloRD/2011-12-12_00001.jpg

I am aware of that one.

I think I might re-do my warrior, so that I might perk just alittle differently.

I'd still do the Smithing, Alchemy, Enchant stack, so that's 22 perks right there.

I'd still do One Hand, Archery, Sneak perks for offense; which is 41 right there.

Heavy Armor, I'd only go 8 and skip Fists of Steel and Reflect Blows (because they're dumb). I suppose I could do Light Armor, but the only reason to do so if for the 50% Stamina Regen w/ Light Armor, which probably is pretty good. Btw, w/o Perks in Light Armor but colon maxed Smithing/Alchemy/Enchant, a full set of Dragonscale (the best light armor) doesn't break the Armor cap, it's at ~460. So I'd have to really think about doing light, yeah it does make less noise, but I plan on enchanting muffle on my set anyhow. But who knows, I'm going to fiddle around with the idea, but I'll probably say meh, as Heavy Armor is easier to make it up to and through Transmuting the Mundane.

This leaves me with 9 perks.

Last 3 dudes, I ended up putting some perks in Restoration, but this seems utterly pointless. With high health and Armor, there's just not a whole lot that can hurt my dude.

So..

I figure, put 5 in speech.

1/5 Haggle, Allure, Merchant, Investor, Fence

This allows me to invest in certain merchants, turn them into fences, and sell any item to them regardless of their shop speciality. Master trade is just one away, but it's relatively pointless, unless I'm left with just one extra perk.

This leaves me with 4 perks left.

So.. I could put 3 perks back in Bone Breaker, and the last one for Master Trader. Or Master Trade and Extra Pockets, although Mace's are slow and in the DPS department daggers whomp ass, ignoring block and armor is nice.

OR...

I could go w/ Light Armor which I'd use 9 perks in for the 50% Stamina regen, which still leaves me 3 more perks to either do Bone Breaker or Extra Pockets, and honestly I'd rather have Bone Breaker.

So I guess that's where my finalized Warrior will stand. Light Armor being sneakier, plus max sneak perks, + Muffle enchant on my boots would make my guy pretty damn hard to find. Not to mention Alchemy lets me make dope invisibility potions.

Also, I could use the 3 Bone Breaker/Extra Pocket perks to get the three destruction magic enchantment perks, but I don't think it's a big deal. The damage from the stacked weapons is so high they don't need magic damage.

I'm also going to figure out a perk tree for a Destruction mage and a Jew-Thief.

Easy. Put everything into destruction except the "if health is low" perks and Rune Master. Put perks into the armor of your choice. Done. Restoration is optional but recommended if you don't have decent health. My guy is 350 magicka (plus 100 in enchants), 250 health, 250 stamina, but that's because I use blades too. You could easily just dump the extra 100 stamina into health and that lessens the need for restoration.

Or if you're going the broken route you don't need any magicka or cost reduction perks at all since everything's free. You'd have like 650 health plus damage reduction from armor and free-cast the highest damaging stuff. Very few perks required for that build.

Or if you're going the broken route you don't need any magicka or cost reduction perks at all since everything's free. You'd have like 650 health plus damage reduction from armor and free-cast the highest damaging stuff. Very few perks required for that build.

If I do destruction, I won't need to worry about magicka; with alchemy enchant I can enchant my gear w/ enough destruction buff that even master spells cost nothing.

Just how much of my post did you read?

I've decided I'm going to re-do the warrior.

I'm basically doing the same thing as the one I have, but I'm going to drop Fists of Steel and Reflect Blows.

I'm also going to save without expending my 6 remaining perks, so I can test out my options.

I don't understand why you want to put 22 points into Smithing/Alchemy/Enchanting when you can easily use the Restoration Potion exploit to obtain equipment that is of equal power without it.

I would just go for Double Enchanting, as there is nothing else worth getting as far as I remember.

Well, without their being a cap to the amount of % you can stack, it physically can never be maximized. Also, the idea of the legit play status feels undermined by using the Oghma Infinium glitch to get there. At least I remember you mentioning this being your method.

I might pursue doing this after finishing my legitimate current file, just for the entertainment value, but setting yourself up as a God-Tank who has mastered everything just feels like it takes quite a lot away from the game. That, and to a lesser extent, infinity magicka (100% cost reduction).

Someone also told me that with the last patch (1.2 I believe), that the smithing potions were capped @ 102%.

The Smithing/Enchant/Alchemy is legit, the glitching 2 head-pieces however, isn't.

The Oghma Infinium glitch, isn't really legit, then again Bethesda has always had "make your dude god" glitches and left them in the game.

The same thing could be accomplished with more time using any of the skill grinds, just with more time.

Don't forget that there's also a cap on weapon damage, and the fact that once you 1-shot everything in the game on master difficulty, more weapon damage does not matter.

Smithing potions don't matter as long as you can restoration potion your gear to +infinity%.

Nothing is more fun than getting a piece of armor with +2500% to sneak and being invisible. Chameleon has nothing on this.